Alien: Isolation

I loved the game.

I am not a usual player of stealth titles, but, I loved how unforgiving the game can be. It made me a better player. If I only had one complaint, it was that the Working Joes were slightly overpowered. I could drive away the alien faster than I could neutralize or flee from one of them.

Knowing I could hurt or kill the Alien would lessen the impact of the game. Having it be unkillable or even able to be wounded makes it far scarier since I'm not just waiting for something I need to kill it with.

I stuck with it and now am reaching the end.

The parts of the space station are so well designed that every different part of the station is unique in it's purpose but still obviously part of the same ship design and aesthetic.

Finished this baby!

Ha I wasn't even playing at a high difficulty and it still feels like an achievement to beat this, it was long as ****. I kept thinking I was at the end but then there was much to be done and more alternate routes to be taken.

This was a really impressive game in many respects with some terrifying visuals (Nest, anyone?). What a rich environment, it was great.

I just wish I could have exacted some revenge on a xenomorph and actively crushed one or orchestrated an attack where I sliced one in half. Not REALLY taking one down somehow besides the clutches of space was kind of lame. Wanted a better showdown at the very end instead of the old, blowing it out the airlock Ripley family recipe. Oh Well, I guess if Ellen couldn't destroy one like that, Amanda shouldn't have the juice either.

The game just involved more personal investment than watching a movie. I'd play another one even if this game was really frustrating a few times.

While I enjoyed the hell out of this game, I don't know how I'd feel about another one if it follows the same formula again. It doesn't seem like those kinds of games where a sequel is necessary or even easy to plan without feeling redundant and/or repetitive.

I so want a sequel but I want a great sequel like this was great but I don't want it to be identical or like Aliens.

It's a narrow line to tread but I'd buy it day one. You kind of don't want a sequel in case it FUBARs it up. :(

I saw lots of ways they could improve the game with a sequel. Doubt we'll get one though.

I was just gonna put this inthe VR thread but incase there just that few only stay to this article that will be left out do that that I thought it be best to have them in the know regardless.

And if your not buy any vr system any time soon then you shouldn't worry about it ether.

Official VR support could be coming to Alien: Isolation - "Dreams can come true" say Sega

12 hours ago Comments 1
In space, no one can hear you scream, but they definitely can if you're sat in your living room playing Alien: Isolation and you see a tail...
Read more

source: PCGamesN

Do you have any ideas for a sequel? I still haven't played the game lol I'm just wondering.

I hope they find a better way to incorporate multiple Aliens in the game as more than just a lame justification for the Alien being able to appear out of nowhere. I would also trim the length of the game to about 12 hours instead of 20. I would also like to see an mechanic where you can actually use NPCs as bait. There was a sequence when in the first game where I was running from the Alien and I ran past a group of hostile humans. I actually thought they were going to kill me, but when I looked back, the Alien was slaughtering them all. Perhaps add a timed noise maker that can stealthily placed on NPCs would neat.

This game is still my favorite game of this generation. The System Shock meets Outlast approach really worked for me.

VR? Holy ****. This game is scary enough without VR.

Virtual reality?

nah-man.gif

This is one of the scariest games I've ever played, and I would love to play it in VR.

Maybe a tv series?

The going theory is some kind of multi-media thing with games, books, television, an interactive website or whatever else they can cobble together to get as many people on as much of their services as possible.

Well, they are technically owned by Disney now so that seems logical.

This was in the works before Disney's buyout but I can see the Disney influence there.

I mean her story was already told in Alien: Isolation.
The end of Isolation wasn't subtle with the story not being over. The first game was fantastic. I am praying for the overtly promised sequel.

The end of Isolation wasn't subtle with the story not being over. The first game was fantastic. I am praying for the overtly promised sequel.

The tweet makes it seem like her story has never been told at all.

The tweet makes it seem like her story has never been told at all.
I think this has more to do with the fact the the continuation seemed lost. I am curious all these things they maybe doing with this, but perhaps that part is being very specific. After all, didn't the team that made the first game break up and there has been radio silence since?

I think this has more to do with the fact the the continuation seemed lost. I am curious all these things they maybe doing with this, but perhaps that part is being very specific. After all, didn't the team that made the first game break up and there has been radio silence since?

I mean Alien Isolation came out in 2014, so I have no idea. Never heard about the devs breaking up. But Alien Isolation was also a great game where you played as Amanda Ripley, and she was the protagonist. I just don't want that getting buried here.

Not to mention the marketing material was similar. We are finally telling the story of this character in the Alien mythos we know exists but never really learned anything about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"