Self isolation

Speaking of trashy TV, I’m on S2 of True Blood and am I the only one who thinks Anna Paquin is related to Holly Hunter?
Well they played mother and daughter in The Piano (which they both won Oscars for), so probably not, lol.

Well they played mother and daughter in The Piano (which they both won Oscars for), so probably not, lol.

Holy $***!!! I forgot all about that. Glad I’ve got my muse to keep me in touch. That was a pretty mind boggling movie. Saw it once and won’t forget it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not long to go now hopefully

I've been told not to expect to return to work until mid June at the earliest. There are high risk people in my immediate family so TBH, I'm not in a big rush and am thinking of petitioning to do most of my work from home for quite awhile.

Yeah same I would rather stay but I think they’re going to force eject us soon. I really wish they wouldn’t tbh. We’ve been good so far I don’t know why you would look at countries with a higher death count and think “cool break me off a piece of that”

earlier in the week, i went to my cousins for dinner. there were 5 of us total (my uncle, his 2 kids, 1 grandkid, and I). i was invited again tonight but declined.

i work around a lot of people (grocery), my uncle traveled 3-4 hours to stay here a couple days and to get the rest of his belongings from my house that i bought from him. he's been going a lot of places while here. i declined going because i dont want to be around so many people, and i've probably been exposed to more people this week in closer proximity than i have in the past month or so. while a part of me feels bad for not going, i feel like it's the responsible thing to do.

even though now it leaves CC at home on a Friday night all alone lol. which is fine!

You did well, CC! I'd have done the same. I avoid people at all costs.

I had to leave my place yesterday. I try to stay in, as much as possible, but I needed to go to the pharmacy. So I took the lift (with my face mask on, as per usual) and it stopped a few floors down... A girl from the building opened the door and I said "you take the next one", she immediately dismissed it and got in. Instead of being an askhole back, I took the stairs. Social distancing is a thing nowadays!

Found her downstairs taking a selfie with her friend. I stay away from people like her for a reason.

earlier in the week, i went to my cousins for dinner. there were 5 of us total (my uncle, his 2 kids, 1 grandkid, and I). i was invited again tonight but declined.

i work around a lot of people (grocery), my uncle traveled 3-4 hours to stay here a couple days and to get the rest of his belongings from my house that i bought from him. he's been going a lot of places while here. i declined going because i dont want to be around so many people, and i've probably been exposed to more people this week in closer proximity than i have in the past month or so. while a part of me feels bad for not going, i feel like it's the responsible thing to do.

even though now it leaves CC at home on a Friday night all alone lol. which is fine!

Alone time can be a good time too! Just pop open a bottle of wine or whatever your favorite drink is and watch a good show/movie. :p

I am looking forward to being able to truly self isolate next week.

Trying to figure out what I'm going to be able to do for the year. Truth is, even if places start reopening, I'm probably going to have to isolate until there is a vaccine. My plan was that after the transplant, I'd start looking for employment since I won't qualify for disability anymore(after 1 year) and I'll have Medicare for 36 more months. Now, I'm not sure what to do. I only leave the house to get blood drawn and I don't know when I'll be able to go out freely again.

Oh, and thank Sweet Zombie Jesus for the Twitch MST3K channel. It has truly helped me keep my sanity.

Sounds like a great Friday night to me! :D

Question here. How often is everyone bathing since the pandemic?
I'm still bathing and grooming like usual.

I can't grow a good beard so I can't go without shaving. I've not had a haircut yet though.

I might buzz cut my hair off in a week or two if lockdown continues.

Question here. How often is everyone bathing since the pandemic?

Are... Are you trying to tell us something Loca?

On my regular schedule since I'm still working. Usually a shower before I head to the job, but I might skip once or twice a week give or take. I was doing the buzz cut thing since before the virus hit so, no issues with hair.

Been doing without my chin music though. Shaved the face clean. Not even a soul patch.

This whole time, I've only broken self isolation to go grocery shopping but I am at my parents house after not seeing them since February because it's mother's day. Going to order food to pick up and enjoy the day

What’s it like? Were you a bit nervous leaving the house after being isolated so long?

It was good. No, I go grocery shopping or pick up food from restaurants once a week or two

I enjoyed seeing my parents and spending time with them on a nice sunday

Working from home would be cool if my boss wasn't such a slavedriver.

the-office-dog.jpg

i'm still working 40-50 hours a week. my family reunion got cancelled next weekend for the first time in over 40 years, if not longer. i'm near-certain it's the first time ever, and if so, that means over 70-80 years, possibly even close to 100 years. i was guaranteed the time off (with pay), so i'm still going to take the time off. i need to relax

i've had more interaction with people out of work in my home this week, than i have this whole year lol. before the pandemic, i was working and buying a house. the morning after i signed the papers on the house, i was at the airport flying out for work for a few weeks. when i got back, i think i was home 2 weeks and out again, then it was maybe a week after i got back when the first grocery store shortages and all started, and everything got crazy.

since then i've worked a ton. a lot. mucho overtime lol. i've also gotten 98% moved in (2% of non-essential things are in my parents attic, so i might get them this weekend). i'm 100% out of storage, so not paying for that anymore (yay).
when i wasnt' working, i'd stop at my storage unit, load up the car on my way home. never had to interact with anyone due to entering via code, so that worked. if i had to go anywhere other than work, i did curbside pickup, which was rare.

my boss told me today that she's writing up something to try and get me an award for all i've done during this. im not even aware of any awards our company gives, but the fact that she even considered doing it means a lot to me.

hope all yall are doing well.

i'm still working 40-50 hours a week. my family reunion got cancelled next weekend for the first time in over 40 years, if not longer. i'm near-certain it's the first time ever, and if so, that means over 70-80 years, possibly even close to 100 years. i was guaranteed the time off (with pay), so i'm still going to take the time off. i need to relax

i've had more interaction with people out of work in my home this week, than i have this whole year lol. before the pandemic, i was working and buying a house. the morning after i signed the papers on the house, i was at the airport flying out for work for a few weeks. when i got back, i think i was home 2 weeks and out again, then it was maybe a week after i got back when the first grocery store shortages and all started, and everything got crazy.

since then i've worked a ton. a lot. mucho overtime lol. i've also gotten 98% moved in (2% of non-essential things are in my parents attic, so i might get them this weekend). i'm 100% out of storage, so not paying for that anymore (yay).
when i wasnt' working, i'd stop at my storage unit, load up the car on my way home. never had to interact with anyone due to entering via code, so that worked. if i had to go anywhere other than work, i did curbside pickup, which was rare.

my boss told me today that she's writing up something to try and get me an award for all i've done during this. im not even aware of any awards our company gives, but the fact that she even considered doing it means a lot to me.

hope all yall are doing well.
From all that I've heard in this and previous posts it sounds like you deserve an award for all that work!

I've got quite used to lockdown and working from home. I could do it for a lot longer if needed.

we are entering Phase 1 today. i'm still going to avoid going anywhere that's not necessary for a while.

still bummed my family reunion is officially cancelled now :(

we are entering Phase 1 today. i'm still going to avoid going anywhere that's not necessary for a while.

still bummed my family reunion is officially cancelled now :(
That sucks. Sorry to hear that. It probably makes it even more difficult because of the circumstances we're in. Think of it as postponed and not cancelled? Get together soon. Safely. Best.

I just heard that they aren't expecting me back until mid-August unless I want to (I don't) and then only 1 day a week until there's a vaccine. I still go into buildings on occasion, but only when a site visit is necessary (installs, troubleshooting, new network connections, etc.).

I've been taking care of my mother at her house and my wife is coming to visit today. I bought a bottle of Moet Brut Imperial and am making brunch; (Onion, tomato, mushroom) omelette, sausage/bacon, and hash browns. Am also making an antipasto plate (prosciutto, hard salami, olives, marinated artichoke hearts, a few cheeses, and NutThins. I also took the advice of @MissMarvelous87 and cleaned up my room. I have a deck outside my room with a couple of zero gravity chairs and a table. I'm looking forward to lounging around.

If things aren't weird enough, another bird flew in my back door. Fortunately, the door to the rest of the house was closed, but it took me a while to get him/her out the sliding glass door. My dog Clyde Einstein (the white one in the picture and on the right) wanted his new toy to play with and was following it around the room. The bird didn't seem particularly predisposed to comply with his desires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"