Self isolation

Indeed. Basically, any job that needs a computer and internet connection can be done remotely. Frankly, this situation gives us an opportunity to actually rethink how we work moving forward. 25 years ago it made sense as PC and MACs were expensive and not everyone had an internet connection. Now times have changed, people can work from an iPad and be as productive as working at a desk in an office. If we don't need all of these people in a room working you'll save office space, meaning you can rent a smaller and cheaper premise. Now scale that up. That equals less people potentially getting sick, less traffic on the road, less pollution from cars, less time away from family, less money being spent on things like fuel, which will equal happier and more secure families, which will result in less domestic issues.
A whole load of potential benefits. :up:

I'm lucky to have exercise equipment in the house. With so much time off ahead, Ive started using them more regularly. I will say it's helped a lot with the stress. :)
Well done, good move. Make the best of it, get healthy and improve your mood at the same time. :up:

Well done, good move. Make the best of it, get healthy and improve your mood at the same time. :up:
A lot of my stress has abated as I've come to terms with things. We're stocked now so I don't go out much. Now it's time to catch up on my shows.

A lot of my stress has abated as I've come to terms with things. We're stocked now so I don't go out much. Now it's time to catch up on my shows.
Good to hear. :up:

I’m working from home and the only place I’ll be going are the corner stores for supplies.

I would say that now is a good time to watch some YouTube videos on things like world history, geography and other things one ought to know in life but never bothered to learn in school or didn't have time.

These TV shows are going to run out eventually, so I would rather not binge watch them but save them to stretch them out. There are plenty of other things to do than watching TV all day.

Anyone who has given up on a musical instrument before - now would be a good time to take it up again.

I would say that now is a good time to watch some YouTube videos on things like world history, geography and other things one ought to know in life but never bothered to learn in school or didn't have time.

These TV shows are going to run out eventually, so I would rather not binge watch them but save them to stretch them out. There are plenty of other things to do than watching TV all day.

Anyone who has given up on a musical instrument before - now would be a good time to take it up again.
I'm watching all of Game of Thrones through now that I'll have the time. :D Been wanting to do that for a long time.

Our president stated that we are now officially in quarantine and it's mandatory for everyone. No one can leave their home unless they NEED to go to the pharmacy or to buy essentials and it must be close your home, you are not supposed to go a long way to the store.

From tonight at 00 till March 31. Yay.

Our president stated that we are now officially in quarantine and it's mandatory for everyone. No one can leave their home unless they NEED to go to the pharmacy or to buy essentials and it must be close your home, you are not supposed to go a long way to the store.

What country?

Wouldn't police, fire fighters, those who work with animals and hospital workers be allowed to work in your country? You can't have no employees at hospitals and places with animals, that would be inhumane.

I have one right now insisting on bossing me around. He sits on my desk with his head in my right hand while I try to use the mouse. That is how he sleeps.

that’s so cute! My cat passed away a few years ago and I miss her everyday. She would have loved all this isolation stuff. She would definitely be cracking the whip and making sure I don’t slack off!

I'm lucky to have exercise equipment in the house. With so much time off ahead, Ive started using them more regularly. I will say it's helped a lot with the stress. :)

that’s a great idea! I’m glad to hear it’s helping with the stress

Wouldn't police, fire fighters, those who work with animals and hospital workers be allowed to work in your country? You can't have no employees at hospitals and places with animals, that would be inhumane.

Yes, they will continue with their "normal" life, helping others in need. The rest of us, mortals, have to stay in.

I was great at self isolation until my son came along. I'm struggling to keep him sane and diverting these meltdowns over homework.

I was great at self isolation until my son came along. I'm struggling to keep him sane and diverting these meltdowns over homework.

I hope it's not an adult son you're talking about.

They had us detail clean at work Friday before leaving which is typically done before we go on vacation, but still didn't tell us if the plant was shutting down or not. I expect to get a call tomorrow morning saying not to come in. If not and they plan to keep running production, I expect that people will stop showing up for work. Especially with schools and daycares shutting down.

Rumor is the owner is being stubborn about closing but we're running out of parts regardless. With our customer base being mostly retirees who have seen their 401ks take a huge loss, Im also expecting a layoff at some point as well. I may have worked my last day at this job and totally fine with that lol.

I'm having the same trouble with my dogs. "Oh, you're home? Lets go for a walk now!" It's an all day thing even though they have a nice fenced in yard to run around in. :p

Not everyone's productive when working from home:

dog-chilling-out-with-a-beer.png

I'm still going to work. However, they'll probably start cutting down on our hours soon since I work at an airport and something like 90 % of the flights have been cancelled. Not sure what I'm going to do to pass time once that happens. Take a lot of long walks, perhaps. There's plenty of nature in my area, so I'll be able to spend time outdoors while socially distancing.

I'm still going to work. However, they'll probably start cutting down on our hours soon since I work at an airport and something like 90 % of the flights have been cancelled. Not sure what I'm going to do to pass time once that happens. Take a lot of long walks, perhaps. There's plenty of nature in my area, so I'll be able to spend time outdoors while socially distancing.
That’s handy being able to enjoy nature and get outdoors without being near people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"