Alien: Isolation

Last Survivor bonus content code Europe:
PNDP-K9N8-BLTT

First come, first serve!

Man, I forgot all about this game. Still haven't beaten it.

This is on my list of must plays once I get my gaming PC up and running.

I just got this game.

It frustrates me but I'm trying to get through it. Like everyone else, love the aesthetic and accuracy it has for the first movie.

It is a beautiful looking game but I'm not really sure how fun it actually is. Sometimes it feels like moving two rooms is such a taxing effort and even when I'm tracking the alien he will inexplicably show up at the opposite side he was just at.

It's also odd how he won't see me when I'm flanked but pretty close sometimes just peaking out of a door or cart or something and then he'll know I'm around and run me down when I'm far as ****. Also, will find me when I'm being quiet hidden in a locker lol.

I don't get it but I'm going with it so far. We'll see how long my patience lasts. It's not a bad game but it doesn't really make sense in a lot of ways how I can go unnoticed by androids and the Alien even though I'm lke 10 ft away but then these dudes will come out of nowhere and end me when I'm crouched and trying to be strategic

What console are you playing on, Galactus? I went through the PS4 version and did not experience anything like that.

I think the AI is like too smart for its own good.

The atmosphere and initial alien-scares were perfect. But then the actual hiding from the alien became so tedious that I never even got half way through the game.

What console are you playing on, Galactus? I went through the PS4 version and did not experience anything like that.

I'm playing on X Box One.

I've been stuck on the same portion of this mission and died dozens of times.

Every adjustment, tactical decision, etc just leaves me dead somehow :cmad:

Ha this game seems pretty difficult without much rhyme or reason.

Move fast? Alien hears you and kills you.

Stay somewhere too long quietly? Alien finds and kills you.

Stay moving crouched and careful? Eventually the Alien is too close and too smart not to run you down and slay.

LOL

What part?

Ive found in things like that to use a noisemaker then scoot.

I farted and the Alien didn't hear that... nor the sound of me puking my breakfast and lunch :o

The noise makers are the most effective tool against the Xenomorph early to mid game. I've also used other humans as bait when those opportunities arise.

The game is about five hours longer than it should have been.

I only found one place where I died pretty much over and over and over, and it's the place where you need to run back and forth between two rooms and a generator with this one long corridor inbetween. I had no weapons or anything to use against it so it took me quite a while lol.

If you're into Alien Isolation and existential horror, check out SOMA on PS4 or PC. It has the same attention to detail as Alien and similar gameplay, but it's got a better story and isn't as frustrating.

I was curious about Soma and watched a bunch about it but wssn't very interested. Maybe it's the lack of Aliens. :p

I was curious about Soma and watched a bunch about it but wssn't very interested. Maybe it's the lack of Aliens. :p

Haha :woot: It's actually very good, and it was really cheap when I bought it at release.

What part?

Ive found in things like that to use a noisemaker then scoot.

It was the part where you grab a key card from a coded safe in San Cristobal Medical facility then work your way around humans and aliens to find the Trauma Kit.

I finally got the trauma kit and went back to the same room I started in so
I can save lol.

Now I need to escape but one door is completely fried and I need to do some emergency escape sequence.

There is an android in here.

Funny thing is I thought I was safe once I got in the Emergency evac room from the Alien but I went under an air duct and got punished by the Xeno

FML :yay:

Its been too long since I last played it to help.

I thoroughly enjoyed this game. I would love to play a sequel with the following additions:

*More incentive to freeroam and wander the station.
*More random encounters with humans, both helpful and hostile.
*Creative use of Acid blood. The acid played no real part in this game. Shooting the alien in the wrong location should have killed you, ruptured the ship's hull or activated emergency systems.
*I love how formidable the alien is in this game, but next time I want aliens that are just as dangerous but can actually be killed. There should be multiple opportunities to kill an alien in various ways, using weapons or the environment. You can trap one in a room, crush it in a press, blow it out the airlock etc

I preferred the force of nature alien we got. It made for a more immersive experience.

I thoroughly enjoyed this game. I would love to play a sequel with the following additions:

*More incentive to freeroam and wander the station.
*More random encounters with humans, both helpful and hostile.
*Creative use of Acid blood. The acid played no real part in this game. Shooting the alien in the wrong location should have killed you, ruptured the ship's hull or activated emergency systems.
*I love how formidable the alien is in this game, but next time I want aliens that are just as dangerous but can actually be killed. There should be multiple opportunities to kill an alien in various ways, using weapons or the environment. You can trap one in a room, crush it in a press, blow it out the airlock etc

Being able to kill the Alien would go against the design philosophy of the game and the genre for that matter, but I agree with everything else.

Being able to kill the Alien would go against the design philosophy of the game and the genre for that matter, but I agree with everything else.

It wouldn't if it was done right. What I'm picturing is an alien or aliens that are practically just as dangerous, only without relying on the cheat that is immortality, which the aliens surely aren't supposed to have.

The alien would still be impervious to small weaponry, it would still retreat when startled, only difference is you will have a few rare opportunities to kill or trap an Alien in various unscripted ways. Imagine being able to lure an alien into an airlock, not as a main mission, but just as a random encounter.
I think it would only enhance the immersion. It makes more sense than seeing the alien slowly and clumsily kill a room full of people, the whole while being shredded by shotguns and showing no reaction.

This game went back to the alien of the first film. An unstoppable unkillable terrifying predator. Rember that the Alien in the first film wasnt even killed by the ion engine which ignited right in front of it. All the engine did was blow the xenomorph away from the life boat craft, but it didnt kill it or do damage to it. Ridley did that specifically because he wanted to nail it home that the xenomorph is damn near invincible.

It wasnt until Cameron came along that the xenomorph became a weak hive mind bug that explodes when its hit by small arms fire. The xenomorph in Alien 1 and Alien Isolation is much more frightening than Cameron's bugs in Aliens. Im glad this game went with the Alien from the first film.

This game went back to the alien of the first film. An unstoppable unkillable terrifying predator. Rembethar that the Alien in the first film wasnt even killed by the ion engine which ignited right in front of it. All the engine did was blow the xenomorph away from the life boat craft, but it didnt kill it or do damage to it. Ridley did that specifically because he wanted to nail it home that the xenomorph is damn near invincible.

It wasnt until Cameron came along that the xenomorph became a weak hive mind bug that explodes when its hit by small arms fire. The xenomorph in Alien 1 and Alien Isolation is much more frightening than Cameron's bugs in Aliens. Im glad this game went with the Alien from the first film.

Nailed it. Creative Assembly said somewhere that the only film that was canon to their design philosophy was the original Alien so in that context the game's Alien made sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"