• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sentai past and present discussion thread

Gold Samurai

Avenger
Reaction score
Well here it is. I hope we have as much fun as the Power Rangers thread has.

Yeah I don't think there is a sentai thread, but I actually liked Geki didn't think I would, Abranger and Bouken where great. Do you like the look of the new one, go something .

Go-onger is probably going to be okay but we'll see. I've already pre ordered the phone. Also today we just saw pictures of 3 new auxillary mecha

CarryGator, Triptor and Jetoras
45710mm6.jpg

Saturday night will be the premiere of Go-onger in Japan(Sunday 7:30 am to them)

sentai has always been awesome... but I'm not digging Go-onger at all.

Geki and Dai were awesome

^some good martial arts themed sentai's there :) Geki's finale was okay. After 47 the last two felt unneeded

In the beginning...

[YT]n9atv3YGO18[/YT]

I really want to watch Sentai,but I don't know where to watch videos.I've only seen bit and peices,And from what I've seen it looks cool.

I really want to watch Sentai,but I don't know where to watch videos.I've only seen bit and peices,And from what I've seen it looks cool.

the early 80's series and late 90's are hard to find in good quality but tvnihon has Dekaranger(2004) to Gekiranger (2007) subbed. All are complete and the links work.

What kind of series are you into? comedy sentai? etc etc

Someone combined Conan Obrien's German disco lightshow with Go-ongers Kiddy techno ending theme. The result is something beyond hilarious

http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/...iew&current=Go-Onger_GermanDiscoLightShow.flv

and beyond kiddish... good lord, what happened? Go-onger looks so... bad...

Well I think it's trying to set a different tone than Gekirangers. Not every series can be "Timeranger" and some are like "Carranger"

Carranger I've heard was like a parody of sentai. I can't judge go-onger based on just one episode but it could be

"Hey don't think too hard, just have fun this year"

It also has a bit of the flavors of the month(transformers) and Pixar's "Cars"

If this year doesn't float your boat there's always next year and the year after that.

YouTube has many of the episodes. Here's a random episode I found with a quick search:

[YT]OV1s246qzWc[/YT]

Thought i'd add pictures of the Go on gold and silver and their mecha Triptor and Jetras.

hirotosutoef8ko7.jpg

They will also be getting a whale which is part of legendary clan of giant machines that form the body and legs. That's like the orange gator carrygator.

So far here is the toy
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/2010/esgojumbowhalelw5.jpg
1211595424017qf8zl0.jpg

The red and black mecha is a recolor of Engineoh the primary mecha of the series

The first ever 12 mecha and you thought Ultimate Daibouken was the last big thing
12170962849931yo3.jpg

Gattai 10-12 DX Kyouretsu-oh
-dino themed train mecha
12170963609011zw1.jpg

power up for the mantangun
go02mk3.jpg

Gt Roader
go03ug8.jpg

I was a big Kamen Rider fan, Ultraman is badass too

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts