sentry or surfer???

Union Jack

defender of the realm
Reaction score
i don't want this to be a contest or poll or anything..but as surfer was always hailed as extremely poweful...who is more powerful and capable between the silver surfer and sentry??

the power cosmic or million suns going boom??

i did hear somewhere that sentry was powerwise on par with galactus???..is that true too?

Union Jack said:
i don't want this to be a contest or poll or anything..but as surfer was always hailed as extremely poweful...who is more powerful and capable between the silver surfer and sentry??

the power cosmic or million suns going boom??

i did hear somewhere that sentry was powerwise on par with galactus???..is that true too?

Sentry is more powerful than Silver Surfer in Strength and Durability. Silver Surfer is more powerful than Sentry in Speed and Energy Projection. They are about equal, but in my view Sentry would defeat Silver Surfer 6/10.

SS would own him. Sentry isn't as powerful as most people want to think, at least not according to Marvels official stats. I know many of the writters ignore those stats when ever it suits them but they shouldn't.

So then the power of a million exploding suns is just a expression?

^^^

hence the thread...surfer is one of marvels most powerful...senrty is the newcomer....its kinda unclear who is most powerful...power of exploding suns means squat when you have the power to fiddle with matter.

Just becouse a character is more powerful than another character doesnt always mean they would win the fight. There are other skills and abilities to consider.

Union Jack said:
^^^

hence the thread...surfer is one of marvels most powerful...senrty is the newcomer....its kinda unclear who is most powerful...power of exploding suns means squat when you have the power to fiddle with matter.

Meh, Surfer wouldn't do that. If he killed him he would probably just go cut his wrists and listen to The Cure.

Kool-Aid said:
So then the power of a million exploding suns is just a expression?

Pretty much, I mean there's no scale to balance that out against the power cosmic or a Thor god blast so what does it really mean. Sentry is equal to Thor or the Hulk in physical strenght, at least according to the "official" stats. However he's much slower than Thor or Silver Surfer and has much lower energy projection powers. He's about equal in duribility.

Kool-Aid said:
Meh, Surfer wouldn't do that. If he killed him he would probably just go cut his wrists and listen to The Cure.

that is so true i dont think we have seen surfer in a win or die situation to see just how powerful he is and neither have we seen the sentry power at his max, and both characters try not hurt people they face but rather try to subdue them... so it really hard to judge

the surfer would win in a fight because sentry would be too busy crying about it.

Actually, Sentry has the potential to "fiddle" with matter. Power-wise and potential-wise, Sentry has the win. In practice, the Surfer at this point. The Sentry's power is rumored to be (by the creator of the serum) unlimited, and it shows with the planet cracking, soul feeding Void, which is always the underdog of power. In fact, Sentry's the only one capable of taking care of the Void. Easily, I might add. Speed wise, we haven't really seen Sentry go much further than the sun in a few seconds, which means he's at least around ten times the speed of light, since it takes light around ten minutes to get to us, and chances are, he's probably navigated space alone and such. He was capable of taking care of the Inhumans rather easily, and was capable of fighting the Hulk hand to hand with little difficulty on a physical level, which Surfer has yet to meet up to on either.

It's just that the Surfer has gone around using his powers more with practice, and doesn't have any fears about what the upper levels of his powers might do. Where the Sentry's powers could literally go on forever, but forever trigger the Void, so he usually keeps his power lower.

So chances are, if the Sentry didn't really mind the Void making some sort of debut, he could stomp the Surfer, and fend off Galactus. And, if the rumor is correct, he can overcome Galactus. He's literally rumored to do anything he wants, a power infinite of sorts. He cured a mental disease with little effort, after all. However, chances are, he'd have to merge his Void and Sentry selves for that.

Either way, it could almost be said that a Million Exploding Suns is nothing more than a match flame to his true power, if he ever revealed it.

IM SO SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THIS Sentry stuff

Surfer WOULD OWN Sentry!!!

I could see it now.

The battle of the two most emo people in all of the Marvel Universe!!!

And, of course, it would need a crappy crazy Japanese announcer to totally ruin the entire event for me.

And no, Surfer would lose. Chances are, the VOID would kill the Surfer just to keep the Sentry alive.

You made some good points. IF Sentry really did stand up to Galactus (which I don't see why he wouldn't have, Spidey's not a liar and it was written by Marvel), and Galactus gave Surfer his powers, then Sentry is able to access a decent amount of his powers. Couple that with him possibly having unlimited powers, or the possiblity to make whatever powers he wants, and he could beat Surfer easy. Problem is as Gluon said that Surfer knows his powers, and Sentry is afraid to use his because of the Void.

IMO it depends on the circumstance. If it's a fight to the death then I'd go with Sentry, if he wasn't afraid to, or needed to let loose and go all out I think he has a well of power with no end to it, whereas as Surfer probably has a defined limit. If this was just a fight, they butt heads over a misunderstanding as most hero fights go, then it could end in a draw, but I still see Sentry taking it. Not that it's not possible for Surfer to win, and I actually like Surfer a bit better, it's just Surfer has been hurt and knocked out before via Thanos, and we've yet to see Sentry hurt.

Not to count their attitudes. Sentry seems unafraid to simply get the job done, where Surfer boarderlines passivism. Sentry's first act we saw was him ripping carnage in half, Surfer is against taking life. Also depends on Sentry's mental state, is he a confident Sentry, emo, afraid or what. So to me the whole fights situational, and most of that depends on what mood Sentry's in, and what the stakes of the fight are.

Mistress Gluon said:
Actually, Sentry has the potential to "fiddle" with matter. Power-wise and potential-wise, Sentry has the win. In practice, the Surfer at this point. The Sentry's power is rumored to be (by the creator of the serum) unlimited, and it shows with the planet cracking, soul feeding Void, which is always the underdog of power. In fact, Sentry's the only one capable of taking care of the Void. Easily, I might add. Speed wise, we haven't really seen Sentry go much further than the sun in a few seconds, which means he's at least around ten times the speed of light, since it takes light around ten minutes to get to us, and chances are, he's probably navigated space alone and such. He was capable of taking care of the Inhumans rather easily, and was capable of fighting the Hulk hand to hand with little difficulty on a physical level, which Surfer has yet to meet up to on either.

It's just that the Surfer has gone around using his powers more with practice, and doesn't have any fears about what the upper levels of his powers might do. Where the Sentry's powers could literally go on forever, but forever trigger the Void, so he usually keeps his power lower.

So chances are, if the Sentry didn't really mind the Void making some sort of debut, he could stomp the Surfer, and fend off Galactus. And, if the rumor is correct, he can overcome Galactus. He's literally rumored to do anything he wants, a power infinite of sorts. He cured a mental disease with little effort, after all. However, chances are, he'd have to merge his Void and Sentry selves for that.

Either way, it could almost be said that a Million Exploding Suns is nothing more than a match flame to his true power, if he ever revealed it.

And yet he was getting thrown around by a Mgneto wannabe .... :whatever:

If the Sentry was able to stalmate Galactus on his own (even if Galactus was starving) then he can take the Surfer.

Of course this also depends on which Sentry shows up.

yahman said:
The Sentry holds back out of fear that he might really hurt someone.

We dont know anything about the supposed Galactus fight though. It could be that Big G was so hungry that he was litterally the weakest he's ever been. In which case SS could easilly have stalemated him as well.

I'd put my money on SS since there's nothing but speculation about the sentries abilities. Based on the abilities we've actually seen of the sentry he's nothing compared to SS.

yahman said:

You mean Xorn? The guy who had the powers of a million or so mutants, several of which were Omega level, and probably could've smashed the Surfer into bits?

Yeah. Wannabe is the word I'd use too.

Vanguard07 said:
We dont know anything about the supposed Galactus fight though. It could be that Big G was so hungry that he was litterally the weakest he's ever been. In which case SS could easilly have stalemated him as well.

I'd put my money on SS since there's nothing but speculation about the sentries abilities. Based on the abilities we've actually seen of the sentry he's nothing compared to SS.

Actually, the Sentry has shown an odd myraid of abilities. From transmutation like the Surfer has, on a much easier band of effort, all the way to correcting biological problems without even trying. Taking on the Inhumans like they were nothing, and annihilating powerful enemies by simply running through them.

And if Big G was THAT hungry, (taking into consideration the time Reed saved a super weak Galactus), then chances are, there would have been no fight, more or less, Sentry was SAVING Galactus. So for Galactus to want to fight with Earth would mean he was at a fairly high power level, and just really wanting Earth as a meal again. Or else, it would've been said as "Well. Sentry kind of talked Galactus into finding a new world before he died, because he sure wasn't taking Earth."

I figure Senty could beat him. For pretty much all the reasons Gloun said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"