Silver Surfer Origins and Stories worth reading?

knightrightnow

Civilian
Reaction score
Curious as to what you guys would reccommend for someone wanting to read some good Silver Surfer Stories? Any essential trades worth picking up?

Also, when was his last run? I have found a couple of one shots in my cb store still on the rack, but any idea if there are plans for a new series.

Been in comics a good while, just never really gave the Galactus, Silver surfer thing a shot. The movies were ok, but he seems like a pretty cool character and I wanted to check out some his better stories.

Also, if this is already a thread somewhere, my apologies. Thanks all:huh:

His earliest stories in Fantastic Four are pretty good. His last ongoing series ended back in the late '90s, I think. He's had a few mini-series since then. The best of those, in my opinion, are Annihilation: Silver Surfer, which ties into the larger Annihilation event (which is fantastic), and Silver Surfer: Requiem, which is an out-of-continuity tale about the Surfer dying.

That's about all the help I can offer, unfortunately. I'm not a huge Surfer fan myself, so I tend to read him more as a supporting character in other characters' comics than on his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"