Seth McFarlane's "The Orville"

My Fave Orville Crew Member just leaves the Show , dont know if i will continue to watch

I liked the reason for her to return home. Not something that is addressed too often with the whole super strength because of higher gravity deal.

It does give her a way back in the future.

It'd also be interesting to go to Isaac's home planet at some point so we can see what an entire planet of human-hating robots looks like. I don't think he's ever had his own episode either, has he?

Another plothole I thought of with this latest episode is why didn't that alien who gave Bortus the holodeck simulation with the virus face any repercussions at all? Or why didn't Bortus even think to mention him when it became clear that a virus had infected the ship's systems? Why didn't they ask where he got it from, and then they could question that other alien? He seemed to be able to obtain it illegally.

It seemed like certain things you'd expect to see in the episode weren't there, making it feel a bit incomplete.
Because Brotus is the 3rd Officer of the ship and his source was just a red shirt. For Brotus to say "but he did it" does nothing for the story other than making him appear even weaker

And whose to say that it won't be addressed if we ever see that character again? That was a lot of money for a one-shot suit! I would expect to see it again and maybe address it later, seeing as they didn't have the time to do so in the that one.

Patrick Warburton as Lt. Tharl was funny and he's a big enough name I wouldn't be surprised if he recurs again.

Actually hope he doesn't. I wasn't enthused by his presence, and I mean that character-wise and not actor. Maybe because he was too jarring of a difference.

It wasn't much of a role for him in that episode. They made him annoying but I'm sure they could flesh him out to be a little more likable.

wow another good one did not see that twist coming at all!

Not a bad episode but they didn't really do anything new or different with the "two enemies thrown together and forced to rely on each other to survive" trope. It was pretty predictable, of course she's going to be the implacable, aggressive one and of course he's going to be the compassionate, tolerant one and in the end she's going to be swayed by his generosity despite her declarations to the contrary. Just once in these sorts of stories I'd like to see the "good guy" be the one who refuses to change their mind.

My favorite version of this scenario is still the one from Babylon 5 where they had the two enemies stuck in an elevator for an entire episode and in the end they still gleefully hated each other's guts!

I did like the shout-outs to Billy Joel and "The King and I", though!

I think his second esophogaus disconnects somewhat like an elephant trunk.

That was some good Trekky goodness.

The twist was spoiled for me when she first showed up, as someone pointed out the actress to me. Still highly enjoyable.

Also, I almost don't want to know what Gordon was seeing in those psych tests.

Another great episode. It was another classic Trek episode this week with barely any difference. It reminded me of a cross between a late TNG episode and a Voyager episode. Although the Krill also remind me a bit of the Jem Hadar.

I suspected Janelle was a Krill when they started torturing her. I do wish she was a real human though because she was hot. Was it the same actress as before from last season?

O_O Well that's unexpected!! Wonder if they're going to write a relationship for her and Gordon into the show?

I don't think they will apparently.

On another note, what if Ed didn't fall for Janelle or Gordon was insistent on pursuing her? That would've ruined her plans.

And people are comparing this plot with Star Trek Discovery

So strange seeing Sage's credit not in the opening credits anymore *sigh*

So strange seeing Sage's credit not in the opening credits anymore *sigh*

Oh is it not? I wasn't paying attention. That's sad. Is it just a long gap for her name?

I was hoping Janelle would be a more serious love interest for the Captain. It reminded me a bit of when Captain Picard had that romance with the head of Stellar Cartography, Lt Commander Nella Daren in the TNG episode "Lessons". They had a common love of music and she had this roll-out keyboard that played like a real grand piano while he accompanied her on the Ressikan flute.

But then I also thought that Janelle might turn out to be slightly morally questionable like Vash in the TNG episode "Captain's Holiday", but that they'd still continue a relationship, or that Ed would break up with her because he couldn't condone certain behaviour. I didn't think she'd outright betray him.

Last edited:
They wrote her off the show.

I know they wrote her off. I'm talking about the opening credits and whether there's a longer gap than usual between names (like they had in The Search for Spock for when it came to Spock's name).

I didn't notice it myself but I assume it's temporary until her replacement takes that spot.

I saw that John Lamar is now a Lt Cmdr now when before he was just Lt yeah there is no gap they just show a pause from the last cast member (Issac) before the ship warps off at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"