Seth McFarlane's "The Orville"

We have heard intermittently throughout the year. We heard they started filming season 3 much earlier, and then they stopped it for obvious reasons. There was some casting news too. Seth MacFarlane was also interviewed via Zoom on someone's show - either Stephen Colbert, Seth Meyers or Jimmy Kimmel. Can't remember which. So there has been some news and not completely silent.

I mean look at this thread Dark Raven, from your last post, no one posted in here for over a year!

I mean look at this thread Dark Raven, from your last post, no one posted in here for over a year!

That's cause no-one posted, not that there wasn't any news.

Norm Macdonald Leaves New ‘The Orville’ Episodes Behind; Seth MacFarlane Mourns – Deadline

One of the final roles of Norm Macdonald, who died Tuesday at the age of 61, was voicing Lieutenant Yaphit, a recurring character on Seth MacFarlane’s hourlong space odyssey The Orville. Macdonald played Yaphit, the gelatinous, shapeshifting engineer on the Orville, in the first two seasons of the Fox series, and sources tell Deadline he’s also in the upcoming third season, which is set to stream on Hulu.

Behind-the-scenes photos from Season 3, which wrapped production in August, featured a model of Yaphit being wheeled to the set and prepped for action (you can see them below).

It's been a long time. Good to know that the series will finally be back soon.

Like any series that moves from a network to a streaming platform, I wonder if this means they'll be able to do more, budget-wise or ratings-wise. Not that The Orville needs to, but I'm curious.

They didn't show anything in that trailer. And it's still way off in 2022.

Another three months? :rant::rant::rant::rant:

I assume they are trying to avoid Picard and most of Strange New Worlds.

I have to say that was an epic scene I loved how the camera went into the 'model' and into the set and i loved when it tracked him running from outside the ship wow.

I gotta assume there'll be some tribute to Norm Macdonald at some point, given that he voiced Yaphit.

:argh: more delay! :argh:

It was airing at the same time as Star Trek Discovery before. It's not like Discovery was crushing the competition.

Gee everything is getting delayed at the moment!

Well at least they got three seasons out of it.

I enjoyed the show for the most part, and I especially enjoyed it when it leaned more into the sci-fi and drama elements over the comedy. Those all felt more genuine and earnest.

Oh dear. Poor Seth, all this must be a really frustrating experience

Basically they’re taking a wait and see attitude. If it gets a lot of viewers then of course they’ll green light another season. Like the old days lol

If not, McFarlane got three seasons (and more freedom in the last) out of his dream of being on Star Trek. Not bad.

Oh dear. Poor Seth, all this must be a really frustrating experience

Dude just got a new show and gig. Filthy rich for creating Family Guy. He's doing OK.

Three seasons is a lot more than a lot of shows will ever get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"