Seth McFarlane's "The Orville"

That's disappointing. Why didn't Fox want to keep it on their network?

Apparently because he couldn't deliver it on time as a mid season show, given the epic scope of his series and how ambitious it has become. So I'm guessing it will now be a Fall show. Or at least I hope it is that, and not starting in December when they say late 2020.

Kudos to Seth for not wanting to skimp on the show's quality.

Is that a good or a bad thing?

Also, it says it returns in late 2020 as opposed to early 2020 like it was early 2019 this year. Just how late? Will it be in September/October like other shows? Or is it going to be as late as December? It really needs more episodes if it is going to make us wait so long between seasons. It's over a year away now.
Its good that you have the option of watching further episodes which probably would not have happened with a straight cancellation by FOX. However it is bad for those not already paying for Hulu as they have to come out of their pocket to watch. Maybe The Orville puts Hulu over the edge for them when combined with other content or maybe they have to pay the Hulu price just to get The Orville.

I don't understand why Fox would ship this to Hulu now. As it is, I'd have to buy yet another streaming platform or wait even longer for the blu rays.

That's is gonna be awkward as ****.

They had Penny Johnson Jerald sitting between them at SDCC on Saturday when they already knew what was coming.

Frankly I dont understand people's arbitrary compulsion to get married. If you're together and in love why complicate it with legal contracts? All marriage gains you is tax benefits and a very messy break up that has to include lawyers and the courts. It doesnt even guarantee security and commitment, because divorce is so common and legal in modern society. How many good long relationships have been ruined because the couple got married, had buyers remorse, felt the pressure of the big committment, and cracked under the pressure?

Because society says any kids out of wedlock are bastards.

That's too bad, and yeah, it's really going to mess up things on the set. Now I'm wondering if one of them will bail out before Season 3.

And this is Grimes' third divorce? Um, wow. I usually try not to judge but there are clearly some issues there.

Wait the show is still alive? I thought it was cancelled for some reason. Glad to hear it.

Ideally, it will be another American Dad situation, where the show just continues on Hulu.

A little late, but they did resume production on Season 3 a few weeks ago:

‘The Orville’ Restarts Production On Season 3

I didn't even know that production had halted. Still not a fan of it being a Hulu exclusive now, but that's because I'm a fossil and haven't signed up for a streaming platform. Still, glad that the show itself is continuing at all because I really enjoy this series.

Wait the show is still alive? I thought it was cancelled for some reason. Glad to hear it.

No, they started production of Season 3 ages ago and it should've really been out by now, but for obvious reasons it wasn't as things came to a halt.

Wait it got moved to Hulu?

That was last years news

I mean... do y'all want the actual answer? Seth McFarlane doesn't like working for Fox, even less so now that they're a shell company with just the channel (But none of the rights to their own scripted programming and you'll eventually see those shows peeling off as contracts expire with them) and the mongers of Fox News. Seth I'm sure was offered a better deal with Hulu which is majority controlled by the production company behind the show 20th Century Fox (AKA Disney). Nobody who works for Fox has ever actually liked working for Fox and the moment they get the chance to jump ship they do it.

That was last years news

I totally missed it.

And then we haven't been hearing anything on this show for like a year. It was like it disappeared off the face of the planet. That's usually a bad sign.

I totally missed it.

And then we haven't been hearing anything on this show for like a year. It was like it disappeared off the face of the planet. That's usually a bad sign.

We have heard intermittently throughout the year. We heard they started filming season 3 much earlier, and then they stopped it for obvious reasons. There was some casting news too. Seth MacFarlane was also interviewed via Zoom on someone's show - either Stephen Colbert, Seth Meyers or Jimmy Kimmel. Can't remember which. So there has been some news and not completely silent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"