Sex and the City 2.

Haha.

That article is only interesting insofar as its ability to demonstrate why one shouldn’t write a pseudo-intellectual critique about a movie he hasn’t even bothered to watch.
Translation: the article went way over my head.

:up:

He freely admits that he didn't see the movie and is going off evidence presented by his colleagues, but his points are entirely valid. How is gross out humor supposed to pass for some sort of female empowerment/third-wave feminism thing? Keep in mind he called out Thelma and Louise for the exact same thing, and I mostly agree with him there as well.

Also, what part of the article is "pseudo-intellectual"? Did he use a word that made your head hurt? :huh:

The article is written in a very conversational, slightly comical way that anyone over the age of 13 should find accessible.

Last edited:
dont care to watch these type of films but the poster is very nice i must say it is very eye catching

He freely admits that he didn't see the movie and is going off evidence presented by his colleagues, but his points are entirely valid. How is gross out humor supposed to pass for some sort of female empowerment/third-wave feminism thing? Keep in mind he called out Thelma and Louise for the exact same thing, and I mostly agree with him there as well.

No, he didn't because he didn't see the movie and took the scene completely out of context.

No, he didn't because he didn't see the movie and took the scene completely out of context.
Which part of "he freely admitted that he didn't see the movie and was only going by information given by his colleagues" don't you understand? :huh:

If he took the scene out of context it's because, now stay with me here and we'll go word by word: He...didn't...see...the...movie...and...is...going...by...information...given...by...his...colleagues.

So, in that context, based on the information that he received from reviews written by his colleagues he formed a half-serious analysis that was basically on point.

And regardless of context, genre, or the gender of those involved dick, poop, and dog humping jokes are still dick, poop, and dog humping jokes. Dog humping is the only one that is never funny, but they're all still scatological humor, and when a movie uses scatological humor as some sort of taboo breaking female empowerment thing, it deserves to be called out.

Which part of "he freely admitted that he didn't see the movie and was only going by information given by his colleagues" don't you understand? :huh:

If he took the scene out of context it's because, now stay with me here and we'll go word by word: He...didn't...see...the...movie...and...is...going...by...information...given...by...his...colleagues.

So, in that context, based on the information that he received from reviews written by his colleagues he formed a half-serious analysis that was basically on point.

Yes, I completely understand that he didn't see the movie, based his whole article on hearsay, and as someone who has the entire series on DVD and saw the movie, understands that he's talking completely out of his ***.

By his logic, I could become a critic by waiting until Monday to hear what people at my office thought of the movie, rather than actually seeing it for myself and making an informed opinion.

Will they have more SEX in Sex in the City 2? I hope Carrie cheats on her husband with a woman and turn into a lesbian and have lots of nude scenes with her new lover as well. :yay:

Yes, I completely understand that he didn't see the movie, based his whole article on hearsay, and as someone who has the entire series on DVD and saw the movie, understands that he's talking completely out of his ***.

By his logic, I could become a critic by waiting until Monday to hear what people at my office thought of the movie, rather than actually seeing it for myself and making an informed opinion.
He wasn't critiquing anything. :huh:

He was musing on something that he observed based on reviews that he has read, and I think he would be rather insulted if he knew that someone insinuated he simply reviewed movies without seeing them. Jim Emerson takes movies and film criticism far, far too seriously to ever do that. He was simply discussing something about the reaction to the film that amused him and made him critically consider what constitutes female empowerment in a film.

Also, what part of the article is "pseudo-intellectual"? Did he use a word that made your head hurt? :huh:

He uses about 1,000 of them that make my head hurt. His comparisons are far-fetched and laughable. The scenes the author is citing are so inconsequential that to compare them to the movies he is and to try to spin them into some commentary about female empowerment and feminism is just silly.

The article is written in a very conversational, slightly comical way that anyone over the age of 13 should find accessible.

Accessibility isn’t the problem. The author not having a clue what he is talking about is.

So the article went way over your head. Got it.

He wasn't critiquing anything. :huh:

He was musing on something that he observed based on reviews that he has read, and I think he would be rather insulted if he knew that someone insinuated he simply reviewed movies without seeing them. Jim Emerson takes movies and film criticism far, far too seriously to ever do that. He was simply discussing something about the reaction to the film that amused him and made him critically consider what constitutes female empowerment in a film.

And it's completely baseless when he hasn't seen the film. I'm not going to take hearsay about a movie as valid argument of any film, especially when it's a movie that I have already seen and know from reading the article that he's completely off-base with his comments.

For the record, I wasn't offended in the slightest by Knocked Up or Superbad, but the jokes don't compare. It was totally different.

As they say, Entourage is basically Sex and the City with dudes.

Eh, kinda. Those two shows are just so far apart in terms of audience demographic, approach, etc.. They can be compared in very broad terms, as TV shows revolving around four friends trying to make it in [insert location].

But the teaser poster's tagline is just... lame.

Sex and the City 2's First Poster:

horse.jpg

I knew I've seen that picture before!

i remember way back to her Hocus Pocus days, she was hot.

Looks just as... vapid as the first movie. Wasn't Michael Patrick King going to write the sequel in having the chicks feel the credit and money crunch like everybody else? It just looks like more of the same.

*ducks from danoyse's flames*

Looks just as... vapid as the first movie. Wasn't Michael Patrick King going to write the sequel in having the chicks feel the credit and money crunch like everybody else? It just looks like more of the same.

*ducks from danoyse's flames*

:huh:

You can dislike it all you want. (I thought the trailer was just OK)

Was gonna say the same thing.

Yeah. That looks nothing like Cattrall. And what the hell is up with her elbow?

Seriously. It's a badly done poster. Amazed people can look at that and actually agree to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"