SFX: Zach Snyder talks Superman movie

Dam sometimes I hate fanboys, nothing has been revealed about the film besides the lead actor and already the train of negativity is ready for departure cho cho all aboard. Until more is revealed there is nothing to worry about you can try and read between the lines if you like but nothing has really been revealed.

i dont see whats not to get about superman in a modern world? what could it possibly be that nolan conjured that caused this revelation with snyder that isnt already made obvious in the decades of comics? it makes me think that they had to do something "different" with superman to make him work in their image. and that worries me. but i wait optimistically for more info....

Im sure that the movie will combine several comics. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

When you watch the movie, you are going to recognize stuffs from comics.

Problem is.. comic book readers still think that just because THEY read something, everybody did. And, believe me, comic book readers is a very... VERY... limited audience.

Insp-DonkeySuperManWonderWoman.jpg

I would love to see that but, instead Wonder Woman, some fanboys.

Im sure that the movie will combine several comics. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Problem is.. comic book readers still think that just because THEY read something, everybody did. And, believe me, comic book readers is a very... VERY... limited audience.

Yes they are very limited. That's why promoting stuff at Comic Con may not mean much (Tron, Kick-Ass, and Scott Pilgrimn..Sorry Scott as much as I love your movie, it didn't do so well)

"I think Superman needs to be physical."

Goddamn, now THAT is the stuff that I want to hear! :up:

I'm still not sold. Sorry, but seeing his previous body of work (which I like, but has nowhere near the tone I feel Superman should have) combined with his previous statements clearly admitting his own ineptitude with understanding the character, let alone how to apply him to a motion picture doesn't instill confidence. Was I happy with the casting choice? You bet. Cavill was my original frontrunner back in the day. It just irks me that this guy was so narrow-minded and generally clueless as to think Superman had no way to translate to the screen in a modern world. All it took was paint-by-numbers with Nolan and Goyer and what was likely to be a truck full of money to change his tune. I hope to high heaven I'm proven wrong. Seriously. Because if this second go at a franchise doesn't take, then it'll be ages before we see Superman on the screen again. Superman being physical is obvious. If he's referring to him getting into a fight, that's a no-brainer. On the flipside, I'll take a good story over a great super-brawl any day of the week. Plot coupons are a dime a dozen. If I wanted that kind of entertainment, I'd go watch another Transformers sequel.

I think this perspective in Hollywood is a reaction to Superman Returns. They think "Well, the traditional Superman just didn't work."

The funny thing is that the "traditional" superman returns wouldnt have happened if fans didnt reject jj abrhams take

Abrams is freaking awesome...he brought me Fringe!!!

The funny thing is that the "traditional" superman returns wouldnt have happened if fans didnt reject jj abrhams take

Well... having read the 2nd Abrams draft myself... Abrams' script ended up being pretty much traditional after the first draft. The main problem with Abrams' script in all of its forms is not the degree of traditionalism or the fans opinions. If that were the problem they wouldn't have that script greenlit for 3-4 years, like they had it. The main problem with all of the Abrams drafts is... it reads like it would cost 500 million to make. That thing was extremely ambitious in scope, and even after the re-writes of the 2nd and 3rd drafts, which made it a traditional Superman script, the main problem was budget. That's why McG wanting to make it in the US and not in Australia was such a big deal. The tax breaks at the time would've made that script significantly cheaper to film. WB did like that script, and despite what they say on the record... Singer used many concepts from the script and Abrams pitch (in the 2nd draft Krypton blew up but there were remains (Kandor) which Kal-El knew of and went to at the end of the script, the Returns story is actually part of Abrams pitch for a trilogy, which was blatantly copied by Singer throwing in a mish mash with the Donner film... not to mention concrete scenes lifted from the Abrams script like the plane rescue which is word for word the same scene or some of the young Clark scenes...). Singer's take was FAR from being original and being something that "he had been thinking for 10 years and got Donner's blessing for". When you know Abrams further drafts, his intentions and then see Singer's film... the impression is very much that he was hired to do a random Superman film and WB pointed him very much the direction they wanted. Then he added the Donner fetish to the mix...

Last edited:

im not worried about seeing specific things from specific comics. rather, the integrity of the character is intact and executed with pride. when envisioning the character, i dont see why its so hard to make him work in a modern world. i understand how idealistic of a character superman can be, and how our modern world grows increasingly cynical. but thats exactly why our modern world needs the example of superman to inspire us to move beyond such cynicism and into a better place with a better view of the world around us. yes, i understand from a film makers point of view how that can be challenging to sell (far more challenging than batman)....but i wouldnt imagine anyone signs on to do superman because they think its gonna be easy.

If the script I read for Fly By was real, I was less than impressed

If the script I read for Fly By was real, I was less than impressed

If you read it online then you read the infamous 1st draft. Nothing to do with what would've been on screen.

true, but it was like he didn't understand Superman in the least little bit

Yeah, Superman really needs to have some epic fight scenes. I'm pretty sure Snyder will give us some "goosebump/epic" moments. Most excited for this film than any other CBM :D

Arent they working the immigrant angle with this version of Supes?

If I had to guess at this point I would say that they are going to take a page from birthright and introduce Superman to a world that isn't so welcoming. I feel like in previous adaptations, society always accepted him with open arms no questions asked. In birthright it was different because the people felt fear and doubt toward him. Especially since Lex was trying to make him out to be an enemy of the planet. And it wasn't until he proved himself that people started to believe in him.

Supes kicking ass is a great piece of news!,I am a big Snyder fan as I f'n loved 300&Watchmen But.....I'm pretty worried that they'll do this dark/not too accurate to the comics except basic things and just move away from what Superman is in the mythology.

I still have faith and all,But yeah I think this could end up being amazing and THE Superman movie so far.....or even way worse than Superman3-Returns!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"