Shameless

Emmy Rossum not coming back definitely hurt this season finale the most IMO. It just felt like something was missing the entire time and Frank's sendoff could have been way more emotional/effective if his whole family was there to see him go. Atleast Mickey and Ian seemed to have a pretty happy ending though.

Emmy Rossum herself said she was hard to work with. Especially after Phanthon of the Opera. She said she had a lot of growing to do to "clean" her name.

There's this interview on YT. Actually, I don't remember if it was her saying that. Or John Wells. Or both.

But it doesn't surprise me she was hard to work with.

Fiona left the show? I stopped watching regular years ago and had no idea. I think the last thing I remember was Ian going to jail and Fiona had just broken up with that guy that had a wife after she crashed her car

I watched like three episodes of season 10 and never finished that and 11. I will eventually but not in a rush.

Fiona left the show? I stopped watching regular years ago and had no idea. I think the last thing I remember was Ian going to jail and Fiona had just broken up with that guy that had a wife after she crashed her car
That's the season she left.

The worst is that she isn't even part of the final season. Not even as a cameo. They treated her almost like the character never existed.

That's the season she left.

The worst is that she isn't even part of the final season. Not even as a cameo. They treated her almost like the character never existed.

Covid affected the final season. She wanted to be in the series finale and they wanted her on it too but because she lived on the opposite coast, they couldn't work it out due to Covid restrictions. I think she may have been pregnant at the time too.

Last edited:
Covid affected the final season. She wanted to be in the series finale and they wanted her on it oo but because she lived on the opposite coast, they couldn't work it out due to Covid restrictions. I think she may have been pregnant at the time too.
This is true, but I don't think it's the whole story. Because it doesn't really justify treating Fiona almost like she never existed (and this prior to covid).

This was one of the fans main complaints after Rossum left.

This is true, but I don't think it's the whole story. Because it doesn't really justify treating Fiona almost like she never existed (and this prior to covid).

This was one of the fans main complaints after Rossum left.

This was from the showrunners themselves.

This was from the showrunners themselves.
I know that.

But season 10 was shot prior to Covid, and aside from one scene in the premiere, the show decided to move on like Fiona never existed.

Watching The Bear made me miss when this show was good.

I know it's waaaaay too soon, but since they're bringing so many shows back in some capacity (Sopranos, Dexter, Weeds, That 70s Show, True Blood and a thousand others). I have hope for another season in a few years.

Just one single season to give the show a better ending, because it sucked and not one single character had a satisfying ending. Not one.

Watching The Bear made me miss when this show was good.

I know it's waaaaay too soon, but since they're bringing so many shows back in some capacity (Sopranos, Dexter, Weeds, That 70s Show, True Blood and a thousand others). I have hope for another season in a few years.

Just one single season to give the show a better ending, because it sucked and not one single character had a satisfying ending. Not one.
The show peaked at season 4.

Reactions: Lip
The show peaked at season 4.
Agreed.

But I think the show is still worth watching until the (pretty good) S07, which has an ending that was written as a possible series finale.

Nothing that came after S07 was worth it.

Agreed.

But I think the show is still worth watching until the (pretty good) S07, which has an ending that was written as a possible series finale.

Nothing that came after S07 was worth it.
Ok yeah I had to look the S7 ending up on YouTube because it’s been so long since I watched it. Yeah that season finale was emotional with them dealing with Monica’s death and the family moving on.

Reactions: Lip
Ok yeah I had to look the S7 ending up on YouTube because it’s been so long since I watched it. Yeah that season finale was emotional with them dealing with Monica’s death and the family moving on.
Yeah, it was emotional. I'm gonna tell my kids that was the series finale. :p

Monica was a great character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"