Iron Fist Shang Chi, Jeryn Hogarth, Immortal Weapons and Other Supporting Characters Casting

Well interesting to see it now looks like Shang chi will be invovled in the show. After all our talks of late.

Robert John Burke as Orson Randall. Great tough guy character actor with some mrtial arts background

VmYC9cr.jpg

I think it's cool that they're casting him. I was actually holding out hope that they'd put Shang Chi leading movies (I know it's a stretch, though). It feels like the TV side is much better at casting asian actors than the movies (in particular, Asian women, so it's good to see a male actor cast), so it would have been nice to see a major movie role given to an Asian actor or actress.

Last edited:
The thing is the call sheets usually have pseudonyms and are they just misinterpreting one of the many Asian characters inherent to Iron Fist like Thunderer or Steel Serpent as a casting call for Shang-Chi? That's my guess

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03...pearing-in-the-marvel-iron-fist-netflix-show/

Bleeding Cool says no Shang-Chi, so take it for what it's Earth.

I'm not saying Bleeding Cool is more credible, but a lot of rumor sites have published fake scoops before.

Case in point, these stories:

http://peeltheorange.net/2015/10/31/marvel-to-make-iron-fist-into-a-feature-film-for-netflix/

http://peeltheorange.net/2015/10/23/marvel-considering-replacing-iron-fist-with-punisher-series/

Inside sources!
Bleeding fool are where comes from the guy with the bar story about Iron Fist being cancelled though.

The Hashtag show who speak about Shang chi, had Finn Jones casting first but they could still be wrong here.

So I will keep my expectations low for Shang Chi.

Bleeding fool are where comes from the guy with the bar story about Iron Fist being cancelled though.

The Hashtag show who speak about Shang chi, had Finn Jones casting first but they could still be wrong here.

So I will keep my expectations low for Shang Chi.

Pokkle, check this out for the hashtag show. Jessica Lowndes as Kimberly/Pink Ranger and Meryl Streep as Rita Repulsa:

[YT]p3-4pC8v0Uw[/YT]

Pokkle, check this out for the hashtag show. Jessica Lowndes as Kimberly/Pink Ranger and Meryl Streep as Rita Repulsa:

[YT]p3-4pC8v0Uw[/YT]
Yeah like I said, it isn't because they got one good news that they can't be wrong.
It's why I keep my expectations low.

i saw that news from bleeding cool. For me they usually only been more right on comic related news items then tv/film stuff they been off the mark more. Where as the site that break finn casting i believe has scooped out things in the past. But ultimately no news/rumor sites are 100% all the time. So i guess we will just have to wait and see to we get more casting news to see who is right.

Not sure if he's sticking to it, but didn't Umberto aka El Mayimbe say he's done with the scoop thing after he got shut down with false scoops multiple times?

Umm I thought that was daily bugle spidey not el.

Not sure if he's sticking to it, but didn't Umberto aka El Mayimbe say he's done with the scoop thing after he got shut down with false scoops multiple times?

He's said that he's done with spoilers, not scoops.

Pity, it'd be nice if he did stop playing the exploitative internet fortune teller.

Thought it was funny when he got called out on some Star Wars casting scoop (I think) he tried to peddle.

El has a pretty bad record at times. Really only things he has had a better but still gotten a few things wrong is dc and wb films.

Hey, so we know that we're getting the early pre-Claremont and Claremont/Byrne issues as the inspiration. Triple Iron and Scythe are lame. If a rich man like Harold Meachum is going to hire bodyguards, he'll hire somebody who can easily beat Daniel in a hand to hand fight. I'm talking Tony Masters.

Let's put it this way. If I were a billionaire who had a lethal, "living weapon" after me, I'd hire an ex-HYDRA operative with multiple blackbelts and photographic reflexes and wears a skull mask since he seems like he's the most dangerous man that money can buy. And Marvel didn't negotiate with Fox to get the rights to Taskmaster back from Fox over something more obvious like Kang or the Shi'Ar unless they had big plans for him. He can debut on Iron Fist in 2017, be a secondary antagonist in Ant-Man and the Wasp in 2018 and then settle into being a recurring villain on Agents of SHIELD until Marvel decide to do something with Thunderbolts. Taskmaster FTW.

Hey, so we know that we're getting the early pre-Claremont and Claremont/Byrne issues as the inspiration. Triple Iron and Scythe are lame. If a rich man like Harold Meachum is going to hire bodyguards, he'll hire somebody who can easily beat Daniel in a hand to hand fight. I'm talking Tony Masters.

Let's put it this way. If I were a billionaire who had a lethal, "living weapon" after me, I'd hire an ex-HYDRA operative with multiple blackbelts and photographic reflexes and wears a skull mask since he seems like he's the most dangerous man that money can buy. And Marvel didn't negotiate with Fox to get the rights to Taskmaster back from Fox over something more obvious like Kang or the Shi'Ar unless they had big plans for him. He can debut on Iron Fist in 2017, be a secondary antagonist in Ant-Man and the Wasp in 2018 and then settle into being a recurring villain on Agents of SHIELD until Marvel decide to do something with Thunderbolts. Taskmaster FTW.

If only. I personally dont see this happening. More likely it will be Steel Serpent as the main baddie. I dont see this becoming a SpiderMan 3 situation and having 2 or more bad guys. At most 1 mastermind and 1 combat villain like Kingpin and the Nobu in Daredevil S1.

If only. I personally dont see this happening. More likely it will be Steel Serpent as the main baddie. I dont see this becoming a SpiderMan 3 situation and having 2 or more bad guys. At most 1 mastermind and 1 combat villain like Kingpin and the Nobu in Daredevil S1.

Probably the Meachums and Steel Serpent.

i doubt they put taskmaster on iron fist. I still feel he is better suited to appear over on shield then iron fist. Again what we likely will see is meachum as the company/real world issues rand has to tackle and steel serpent coming from kun lun and be his mystical threat.

Taskmaster is better suited for Deadpool or Captain America. Would be a big waste in a Netflix series unless we are talking the Defenders lol

i still rather him appear on aos more myself. But poping up soon i hope will happen. As we know marvel studios currently controls the character.

This time tomorrow we'll be talking about how awesome Colleen Wing, Shang Chi, & Steel Serpent were.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"