Shazam Shazam Spoilers Thread

Do all the kids have powers in the comics? Or do they all have powers now? It kinds dilutes the "specialness" of it, I like Shazam as a trio, not a whole team.

Last edited:
Do all the kids have powers in the comics? Or do they all have powers now? It kinds dilutes the "specialness" of it, I like Shazam as a trio, not a while team.
I feel the same way

I wonder if they will all settle on superhero names in the sequel. Billy can’t really call himself Shazam (and I guess none of them can) since it would make them change back into their normal selves. It would be really funny if Billy is like, “I’ve got it. Call me... Captain Marvel!” And Freddie says, “That’s taken.” And they both kinda look at the camera and roll their eyes.

I wonder if they will all settle on superhero names in the sequel. Billy can’t really call himself Shazam (and I guess none of them can) since it would make them change back into their normal selves. It would be really funny if Billy is like, “I’ve got it. Call me... Captain Marvel!” And Freddie says, “That’s taken.” And they both kinda look at the camera and roll their eyes.

Dude were you sleeping during the whole film?

It’s so obsvious - Captain Sparkle Fingers

I think -

Other kids in the foster family can transform into superheroes, only when they say "SHAZAM !" together with Billy. In other words, they cannot do that individually.

My question would be why did Billy not return to his own form when he shared the power? The wizard became dust when he shared his power?

My question would be why did Billy not return to his own form when he shared the power? The wizard became dust when he shared his power?

The Wizard was weakened after his fight with Seven Sins and because he was very old, after he granted Billy All his powers he turned to dust.

As for Billy, this was the process of sharing powers with others, he wouldn't change into Billy Batson during that (after the death of the Original Wizard, Billy is now the new Wizard), also the magical Staff is not needed as he won't be sharing his power with any other person now.

Do all the kids have powers in the comics? Or do they all have powers now? It kinds dilutes the "specialness" of it, I like Shazam as a trio, not a while team.
In New52 and Rebirth Geoff Johns-helmed, yes. Though I'm not familiar with his run so I don't know how it was handled.

I think it's either like Micromind said or Billy retains all of the 6 elders powers as all-rounder but each of his family members excel in one power. I think in the movie each sibling more prominent in one type of ability.

If indeed that's what happened, then sucks to be Wisdom oriented one because it's not very visual cinematic in fights. :funny:
But Achilles one could be visually translated easier because it's Courage+Invulnerability.

I forget about Stamina of Atlas. An ability that seems less explosive on it's own.

Last edited:
In New52 and Rebirth Geoff Johns-helmed, yes. Though I'm not familiar with his run so I don't know how it was handled.

I think it's either like Micromind said or Billy retains all of the 6 elders powers as all-rounder but each of his family members excel in one power. I think in the movie each sibling more prominent in one type of ability.

If indeed that's what happened, then sucks to be Wisdom oriented one because it's not very visual cinematic in fights. :funny:
But Achilles one could be visually translated easier because it's Courage+Invulnerability.

Was Mary the wisdom one? She was useless lol

Maybe she'll be the MacGyver of the team in the sequel lol, can see it getting referenced in the film =P

Was Mary the wisdom one? She was useless lol

Maybe she'll be the MacGyver of the team in the sequel lol, can see it getting referenced in the film =P
Maybe, could be Achilles too but we don't see her demonstrates invulnerability. I remember she managed to wrestle off a Sin but wasn't very clear.

She seems very bright, I can totally see her affinity with Wisdom. Maybe Solomon-Achilles combo, even. She's resourceful, protective and brave before Shazam'd.

Well, I'm not gonna be able to listen to "Eye of the Tiger" in the same light after seeing this movie.

But on the Philly homages, I did love how Billy gave a brief glance at the SEPTA map when he was brought to the Rock of Eternity.

tumblr_ppldu9bdDX1rrkahjo1_540.gif

I liked how Billy got more adept at knowing when to say the word.

Agreed. I thought it was clever and savvy how Billy picked up on it and used it in battle to get away and buy time.. The entire time I kept thinking "Man, Billy needs a mentor. A certain guy in blue would be perfect for sequels to quell his immaturity."

Speaking of Supes...

'Shazam!' Ending Explained: Director "Worried" About That Surprise DC Cameo | Inverse

“Originally, Superman actually sat down at the table and they had a little bit of a conversation,” Sandberg says. “But when we were up in Toronto shooting, we couldn’t make it work.”

Production of Shazam! partially took place at a real middle school that was closed “for some sort of a holiday.” “We only had the time we had because we could only shoot when the kids weren’t there,” says the director. “And of course, I wanted Henry Cavill to pop up. But he was unavailable, which was disappointing.”

Sandberg remembers feeling vexed. “It’s the end of the movie. What are we going to do?” Determined to stick as close as possible to the idea, he enlisted Zachary Levi’s stunt double to wear Superman’s costume and opted to shoot the Last Son of Krypton only from the neck down. It didn’t calm Sandberg’s nerves, however.

“We had Zack’s stunt double do it, but I was worried. Is this gonna feel cheap? Is this not gonna work? To cut before you see his face, is this gonna feel cheap? Are people gonna feel cheated?”

Later on in post-production, Sandberg finally relaxed when he saw the scene cut together.

“It just made us laugh,” he says. “You see Freddy’s reaction, and a hard cut to credits, and it’s just funny. It turned out better than what it was originally where he sat down and had a little chat.”

forking Henry! Dammit man. That would have been amazing. It does seem like scheduling conflicts were the problem because of Witcher. I could just imagine what Sanberg had cooked up in that conversation. It would have been a BLAST I'm sure.

Sandberg should feel at ease though because the audience reaction was positive.

It's interesting that in the post JL and Aquaman world, people are still interested in superheroes rather than treating them with suspicion.

A curious thing that happened in my theater is that basically there was zero reaction to the cameo.

A curious thing that happened in my theater is that basically there was zero reaction to the cameo.

That’s because it’s not a cameo. Not really. It’s a headless Superman suit, being worn by some random guy. It falls completely flat without the recognition of having Cavill’s actual face.

Dude were you sleeping during the whole film?

It’s so obsvious - Captain Sparkle Fingers

Er... quite clearly it should be Thundercrack.

....we’re going to need a poll on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"