Shinlyle Art Thread

shinlyle

King of the Haters
Reaction score
Okay, as I will have a LOT of threads if I keep doing them individually, I guess I'll just make one blanket thread, and post it here. First up will be a Spider-Verse piece featuring Miles Morales.
First off, I was looking forward to this film way before the reviews started pouring in. Now, well now I'm foaming at the mouth to see this flick!!

Anyways, here is my Spider-Miles piece. Pencilled and inked, and then colored in Photoshop.

Thanks for looking!Miles_Spiderverse-scaled.jpg

Okay, this one is..very much outside of my comfort zone. My son is having a Looney Tunes Birthday Party, and he asked for Bugs Bunny with the lightsaber carrot from LT: Back In Action, and Daffy Duck as Duck Dodgers (IN THE 24th AND ONE HALF CENTURY)
Since he is awesome, and there is no such picture, I had to draw it up! It will be on his cake, too. Anyways, here it is, with a stock space image for the background.
Bugs N Daffy scaled.jpg

Drew this up to go with the Miles pic I did. Mainly for my daughter, Gwen. This is basically how she and our beagle interact. Spider-Gwen & Ham scaled.jpg

So what is going on now..clearing the commission list and gearing up for Comic Con , then Celebration V, then Dragon Con! going to be a busy few months. I probably will not be taking pre orders for Comic Con this year as I have Marvel's Heroes and Villians to complete before the show. But if i find an opening I will post!

I did up another Miles piece, since the last two I did sold, I figure I may as well keep them going.
Miles rough.jpg

This stuff is really nice to look at. Mind if I make a request?

Go ahead, man! If I can, I'll see if I can get to it!
Do the final swinging pose in Amazing Spider-Man 300, styled as closely as possibly to how John Romita sr. draws the costume and weblines.

Please :yay:

Do the final swinging pose in Amazing Spider-Man 300, styled as closely as possibly to how John Romita sr. draws the costume and weblines.

Please :yay:

I WILL get to this eventually, man! I just have some other projects I'm working on, right now! I just realized I never responded to you!

I WILL get to this eventually, man! I just have some other projects I'm working on, right now! I just realized I never responded to you!
Thanks. I hope you can do it, and make it great. :D

Also, here is a refresh of the Miles pic. Finally scanned it and had time to work on it. little color balancing, and I added the blue "trim rings" on his eyes that he had in the movie. Miles Grafitti IG.jpg

IMG_20190317_175737_136.jpg

So, here's a sketch cover I just wrapped up. Been wanting to do a Spider-Verse montage piece. I just happened to realize I hadn't posted anything up on here in over a month! UGH! Have to fix that...

That head of Penny's spider-bot looks like the helmet of Black Manta.

Endgame-scaled.jpg

Okay, just wrapped this up, and I'm fairly happy with it, so I figured I would share!

I guess that has a dynamic look to it. But why chose a tilled angle for most Avengers frames?

I guess that has a dynamic look to it. But why chose a tilled angle for most Avengers frames?

A combination of keeping the eye moving combined with adjusting the composition to get the characters in there. I had toyed with leaving all the Avengers on an even horizon along with Thanos, but the composition almost put me to sleep. I was more concerned with the characters and the portrayal of the various infinity stone themed backgrounds.
Originally, this pic also had images of the dusted heroes/characters on Thanos's side, but it was WAY too cluttered when I sketched it out. It removed the focus and made it look more like a "Lyle needed a way to cram Spider-man into this drawing" collage.

Okay, here are come new pieces. One is a Dr. Doom on a sketch cover I did in inks and Copics, and the other is a Spider-man Far From Home piece done in pencils and inks with Photoshop colors.
DOOM.jpg Spider-Man-London-scaled.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"