The Hype Coloring Book

CC hasn't posted new art in a long time. The thread may very well be dead. But I doubt she would mind if someone took over for her. If you have line art post it, and people may color it.

if anyone wants to post anything, by all means i was actually going to reboot this in the new year

Hi guys. Just joined and love this section.
Just wanted to find out how you color in these images. I have Photoshop 7 and wanted to know if it can color images professionally with light and shadowed areas like some of these other pictures.......and if it can, how...:yay:

a lot of people seem to either use gimp, photoshop, painter, etc so since youve got photoshop, tinker around a bit. layers are a godsend when it comes to coloring imo

Thanks for the quick reply ComicChick.
I've never really coloured before and only know the quick/majic select tool to highlight an area and the paint bucket tool. How would I use layers to color?
Is there any kind of step by step guide or tutorial out there that I could look at and try, or does anybody with photoshop have any easy tips?

Thanks for the quick reply ComicChick.
I've never really coloured before and only know the quick/majic select tool to highlight an area and the paint bucket tool. How would I use layers to color?
Is there any kind of step by step guide or tutorial out there that I could look at and try, or does anybody with photoshop have any easy tips?

there are a lot of handy tutorials out on the net if you search for them. i like checking out deviantart personally, you can also download photoshop brushes and stuff from there too. a lot of comic book artists have accounts on there so it's always fun to check their stuff out.

if you use layers, if you mess up a layer, you can simply delete it without deleting everything you did. you can keep the lines on one layer, the background colors on another, textures and lighting on another, etc.

i'm a novice at best but its fun to tinker with and try out, which is why i wanted to revamp a new coloring book for 2010. i think i still will do that, so if anyone has requests, throw em at me.

Well how about some art based on some of 2010's upcoming movies.
Iron Man 2
Jonah Hex
Kick ash

there are a lot of handy tutorials out on the net if you search for them. i like checking out deviantart personally, you can also download photoshop brushes and stuff from there too. a lot of comic book artists have accounts on there so it's always fun to check their stuff out.

if you use layers, if you mess up a layer, you can simply delete it without deleting everything you did. you can keep the lines on one layer, the background colors on another, textures and lighting on another, etc.

i'm a novice at best but its fun to tinker with and try out, which is why i wanted to revamp a new coloring book for 2010. i think i still will do that, so if anyone has requests, throw em at me.

I learned from just messing around after seeing a tutorial on how layers work.

Here's a 1st attempt after reading a tutorial last night. It's of the first Spidey imagae in this section.

djohnsonspideysmwr1-colorpsd.jpg

Well how about some art based on some of 2010's upcoming movies.
Iron Man 2
Jonah Hex
Kick ash

ive definitely got Iron Man lineart saved, ill look more for the other two

10omlvs.jpg

I need somethin in the pic, but idk what I'm missin, I tried to do better than I did last time, and I feel pretty good bout this one :up:

I'm gonna change somethin on mine, and webhead, I can't wait to get home to see what you posted cause my stupid school server blocks it :(

its line rt from ultimate spiderman i think, before he put webs on the suit.:)

I got Ultimate Spider-Man from my sister's BF, and it's a hard copy, with like 40 chapters it rocks :D

40 chapters? i have the ultimte spiderman volume one, its hardcover , and has issues 1-13.:) their good!

WebHead, your pic looks like it could be Scarlet Spidey

Rescued from the depths of the SHH abyss! What in the world happened to this thread? I had to Google it to find it. I went ahead and colored something real quick but really I just wanted to resurrect this thread and hopefully get it going again.

Anyways here's the Riddler line art colored, I just did flat colors and added some very unrefined shadows and highlights, didn't really get creative with this one. I just used a gradient to color the background and added Gaussian noise to the whole thing to hide the banding. These go a lot faster now that I've got a tablet lol.
riddler.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome Riddler! I'm really digging the muted colors.

Since CC has taken time off from this, here are a few I have found. Lets see what you guys can do with these ones.

supermanvsbatman.jpg

BoosterGold_JurgensRubinstein.jpg

greenlanterngreenarrow.jpg

Someone has got to color these in, they look cool as hell.lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"