Superman Returns George Perez on Superman Returns trailer and film

bosef982 said:
I was working at the Altamonte Mall all day, but I was like five minutes away.

No wonder you're always in such a pissy mood with anyone who disagrees with you, you have to eat **** all day working retail.

My condolences, nobody appreciates a bag boy, do they?;)

bosef982 said:
I was working at the Altamonte Mall all day, but I was like five minutes away.

That Blows, he lives in the area, I heard it's somewhere like Deltona or Deland.
What store you work at? PM it to me.

Oldguy said:
No wonder you're always in such a pissy mood with anyone who disagrees with you, you have to eat **** all day working retail.

Now why was this nessasary? Feel big now?

Nivek said:
Thanks for the other responces guys, nice to see the greater majority of people here actually respect a creators opinion.
The ironic thing is that if Perez had said that he didn't like what he saw, then they'd be gushing over his opinion.

Nivek said:
...Unfortunatly (for you), he is a fan of Singer. He even pointed out how much he liked the X-men films, and exspects that level of quality with Superman Returns...

Fortunately for you, George Perez shares all of your views on SR!

I mean wow, what a fortunate co-incidence, not only do you get such validation from a true legend of the industry, but then you get to come back here and rub it in all the naysayers faces!

You should buy a lottery ticket today man, you are on a roll!

skruloos said:
The ironic thing is that if Perez had said that he didn't like what he saw, then they'd be gushing over his opinion.

But it's still like 3 disrespectful people though. I didn't figure they would put down someone of his reputation though. Then again, he disagrees with them, he must be stupid, right?

skruloos said:

More like if Perez didn't like what he saw, this post never would have existed.

Oldguy said:

I mean wow, what a fortunate co-incidence, not only do you get such validation from a true legend of the industry, but then you get to come back here and rub it in all the naysayers faces!

Sour grapes, or just being salty? Dont clog up my thread with your petty insults.

Oldguy said:

The fake review was the only thing you had going for your "cause".

Oldguy said:

Im sorry, but I dont see you asking creators about their opinions? Just you putting down anyone who doesn't agree with you. Move on, please.

Oldguy said:

I believe we had a similar talk earlier in the day...but at that time I said I was specificly pointing you out.....this time I am.....Oldguy, is it at possible for you to talk to people who have differing opinions from yours, without resorting to snide digs and insults? Stop acting like your fecal matter doesn't stink.....because everyones does.

Stewie Griffin said:
Who cares if they are going that direction in the comics. Does that suddenly make it a good idea? Why is it so hard for people to us objection around here? I guess if "legenday comic book artist George Perez" said that, then we must all agree with him right? I love the fack that Nivek added that "legendary" bit in, pretty absurd of you, Niv.
You'll never know if an idea is a good idea unless you try it out first!

I met Perez a long time ago and got him to sign my issues of this Hulk miniseries. We had a conversation about how I could break into the comic book business. He was a very friendly guy!

george perez is a great guy, and a ridiculously amazing artist. my teacher from college (turned mentor) used to live with him. they were getting their start in comics at about the same time....i hear some great sories.

I wonder what he'll think of the movie.

Oldguy said:
Not true. I mean, people posted Moriarity's review, right? And they also posted the interview with Alex Ross criticizing Routh. So those posts would happen.

C.Lee has asked that you all tone it down...

Now I'm asking - COOL IT or I'll close this thread!

please do not close an otherwise positive thread because of one person.

Nivek said:
Got to speak to DC Comics legendary artist and writer George Perez this afternoon at my local comic shop in Longwood, FL that was having a little mini-Con for Free Comic Book Day. I've gotten to speak to him before at one of my previous places of employment, but this is my first time since last year I had the chance to talk to him.

He was wearing a printed Superman shirt, so of course, I asked him about what he thought about the trailer and upcoming movie. He said he had some reservations about the film initially because in some pic's Brandon Routh looked too young, others he looked just right. He wasn't too impressed with the first teaser, he liked it, but didn't see enough to really change his opinion.

But he said after seeing the Trailer, all his fears are settled, he loved it. He said maybe it was the music, or maybe seeing Superman in all his glory again, but he will definitely see it if not on opening night, that week. I told him about it may possibly be in-town in Imax 3D, and he was perked up and said he might catch that presentation since he never seen an Imax 3D movie before.

Of course, as we were talking about the movie, some Simpsons Comic Book Guy looking old fart behind us (rudely) mentioned "It'll be stupid if he has a kid". Then I asked George what he thought of it, and if they are going that direction in the comics and his response was he heard rumors, but that it "wouldn't be the first time, either". So blah, the fatty kinda turned away and went about his business eating his free hot dog.

Overall, i was happy to see a long respected Comic Book creator speak face to face about the film, with a big Smile on his face!

We also spoke of a couple other projects like the upcoming animated Teen Titans film and Joss Whedens Wonder Woman project, which was interesting to hear about. I'll answer questions about what he said in regards to that film in a PM if anyones interested.

lol he does work for DC what else you expect him to say?
Diss the movie, and they might never hire him again for another job! lol

BareKnucklez said:
lol he does work for DC what else you expect him to say?
Diss the movie, and they might never hire him again for another job! lol

Well, he had another reaction for the Wonder Woman film, if that makes you feel better. He's not some WB stooge, and he's not a fan of adaptions of his own work (hense his WW reaction).

Regardless, this isn't some kid off the street here giving his opinion, or a Rob Liefeld or Alex Ross. And "firing" him is just kinda a silly concept given the mans resume. I wasn't over exaggerating when i refered to him as a Legend.

Nivek said:
The guy co-created Teen Titans and several of its characters, did a very recognised run on Wonder Woman, recently drew Avengers Vs. JLA, Incredible Hulk: Future Imperfect, a bunch of high profile stuff over the past 30 years. Look him up, or ask around.

Do you know by any chance who won?:O

explode7 said:
Do you know by any chance who won?:O

Buy the individual books or TPB. I honestly dont remember.

No but what was it like. Who had to face off who?

Guys, my aunt who is known for her legendary lasgana, saw the SR trailer and she likes what she sees.

Just thought you all should know that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"