Superman Returns George Perez on Superman Returns trailer and film

Stewie Griffin said:
Guys, my aunt who is known for her legendary lasgana, saw the SR trailer and she likes what she sees.

Just thought you all should know that.

And I guess multiple Mod warning mean nothing, eh?

I guess your lack of respect know no bounds.

Nivek said:
And I guess multiple Mod warning mean nothing, eh?

I guess your lack of respect know no bounds.
I didn't say anything about his art or his ability as an artist. I respect the fact that he has an opinion, but I don't agree with this opinion and I dont think his opinion should be any more important than yours or mine just because he is a professional artist. Now if someone like an Alan Moore had something to say about Superman Returns, I would listen.

Stewie Griffin said:
Now if someone like an Alan Moore had something to say about Superman Returns, I would listen.

LOL!!!

Nivek said:
I have more respect for a writer like Moore, who has an understanding of literature, story and character that is rare in an industry like comics than Mr. Perez. No disrespect to Perez, but Moore is celebrated for bringing maturity and intellect to a medium that had untill then been passed of as adolescent.

Stewie Griffin said:
I have more respect for a writer like Moore, who has an understanding of literature, story and character that is rare in an industry like comics than Mr. Perez. No disrespect to Perez, but Moore is celebrated for bringing maturity and intellect to a medium that had untill then been passed of as adolescent.
Ah. You're one of "those" comic book fans.

BareKnucklez said:
lol he does work for DC what else you expect him to say?
Diss the movie, and they might never hire him again for another job! lol

John Byrne trashed the movie and he is working for Dc Comics.

And if you think that i'm not telling that the truth, enter in his message boards and reed his opinions about the movie.

Stewie Griffin said:
Guys, my aunt who is known for her legendary lasgana, saw the SR trailer and she likes what she sees.

Just thought you all should know that.

Ask if she can cook some of that lasagna for me the night of the premiere.:up:

skruloos said:
Ah. You're one of "those" comic book fans.
And, what, prey tell, are "those" comic book fans?

Stewie Griffin said:
And, what, prey tell, are "those" comic book fans?
The elitist ones who are ashamed of the fact that ,yes, comic books were and can still continue to be pulp entertainment for the masses or what you think of as "adolescent".

Stewie Griffin said:

Ooohh. This is very telling of alot of things.

skruloos said:
The elitist ones who are ashamed of the fact that ,yes, comic books were and can still continue to be pulp entertainment for the masses or what you think of as "adolescent".
I did not say they are adolescent, did I? But, as a piece of literature, comic books get the short end of the stick. Moore changed that.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Agreed.... :rolleyes:@him
Please, get over yourself, man. Its just a ****ing movie.

The "He works for DC COmics" thing doesn't really work here, most of the guys in the industry are pretty open about them dislinking adaptions, Greg Rucka said he liked Batman Begins and Mask of The Phantasm but commented that he "Hate all the Burton and Schumacher ones for various reasons". John Byrne has trashed every single comicbook adaption, well besides Donners STM, Batman Begins and like the old George Reeves show. Several DC Comics employes pretty much also said that "Catwoman" the Halle Berry film sucked ass. Not in those words..but pretty much. If I remember correctly only Jim Lee was mildly positive and thats becouse he got to visit the set and write a article about it to the newsarama website and got paid to do the cover for the comicbook adaption. Oh, and I believe Ed Brubaker also told that "Catwoman" sucked arse.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
And you're just a ****ing troll. :)
What does that make you? Some kind of vigilante? I do not come into threads and post a silly "Singer SUCKS!" or anything remotely similar. I have always, and will continue to give reasons as to why I take certain positions. If that is trolling, then I will continue to do so. You are part of the problem, man, not the solution.

Stewie Griffin said:
I did not say they are adolescent, did I? But, as a piece of literature, comic books get the short end of the stick. Moore changed that.
Yes. But there are also comics that exist solely for the purpose of being pulp entertainment. George Perez happens to excel at that. He is just as important to traditional pulp comics as Moore is to elevating comics for literature.

skruloos said:
Yes. But there are also comics that exist solely for the purpose of being pulp entertainment. George Perez happens to excel at that. He is just as important to traditional pulp comics as Moore is to elevating comics for literature.
Fair enough, but in the case of Superman, I would be more interested in the opinion of a prominent writer than an acclaimed artist.

Stewie Griffin said:
What does that make you? Some kind of vigilante? I do not come into threads and post a silly "Singer SUCKS!" or anything remotely similar. I have always, and will continue to give reasons as to why I take certain positions. If that is trolling, then I will continue to do so. You are part of the problem, man, not the solution.

Considering most of your posts are made where you are CONSTANTLY having to defend yourself, I'd say that's a pretty good idea of the type of posting you do around here. Enough said.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Considering most of your posts are made where you are CONSTANTLY having to defend yourself, I'd say that's a pretty good idea of the type of posting you do around here. Enough said.
I am not constantly defending myself, bro. It may apprear that way since you feel the need to attack anyone who does not agree with you. Why dont you show some civilty for once? Your diatribes are old hat now. If you do not like what I have to say, then please do us all a favor and do not reply. 80% of the problems around here stem from the people who take negative opinions personally and lash out at the ones who hold them.

Stewie Griffin said:
If you do not like what I have to say, then please do us all a favor and do not reply.

That's GOLDEN coming from you...really. Especially considering you don't heed your own advice ever.

80% of the problems around here stem from the people who take negative opinions personally and lash out at the ones who hold them.

Nah, I'd say the 80% is from people that are determined to start problems with the people who are happy with the film. You don't see those people starting problems, it's the ones who want to say "your opinion is WRONG", like this quote for example:

Btw, he was wrong in that post. It was not a matter of opinion. It was a matter of fact.

-- or --

I don't care if it is your opinion or not. You are wrong.

THAT is what's causing the problems on this board.

Oh, and do those quote look familiar? They should.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
That's GOLDEN coming from you...really. Especially considering you don't heed your own advice ever.

Nah, I'd say the 80% is from people that are determined to start problems with the people who are happy with the film. You don't see those people starting problems, it's the ones who want to say "your opinion is WRONG", like this quote for example:

-- or --

THAT is what's causing the problems on this board.

Oh, and do those quote look familiar? They should.

I recall apologizing for that. If I didn't then I do now. You are the one who is consistantly hostile man. You are part of the problem one way or another. I say we call a truce now and end it before it gets out of hand and we are both banned.

By the way Stewie, when I said you were a troll, I guess you didn't see the smiley. I was being lighthearted about it. That's what smileys are for, you know.

You tell me to get over myself, then you go into your auto-defense mode.

EVERYONE needs to act civily.

EVERYONE needs to stop name calling.

EVERYONE needs to learn how to debate or discuss things without being rude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"