Shirt Rip...

It's a must...

that's right. it's a must!!!
cheesy my foot!
so how do u want him to change??? like power ranger???
damn. i start to lose my temper when every single personality of him being regard as cheesy. the red briefs, the hair, spit curl, \S/ on the cape, the tights suit and now the suit ripoff.

accept it or create ur own superhero! damnit!

that's right. it's a must!!!
cheesy my foot!
so how do u want him to change??? like power ranger???
damn. i start to lose my temper when every single personality of him being regard as cheesy. the red briefs, the hair, spit curl, \S/ on the cape, the tights suit and now the suit ripoff.

accept it or create ur own superhero! damnit!

Nothing listed there is cheesy. If people don't like those iconic elements TOUGH lol! Like you said... design your own trunkless, panty waste Superhero.

To paraphrase Obi-wan: This isn't the Superhero you're looking for. Move along now.

Last edited:
It would be a little awkward fitting an 'armored supersuit' under clark's work clothes. One more reason to go traditional.

find a cheap Shirt. Rip it, see how cool it feels.

I riped one this time I was in a real hurry to change clothes (got late to a play) and it really feels cool.

That move is a must.

^On that note, quick poll. How many here think the shirt rip literally rips the buttons off of the shirt?
I've always pictured him unbuttoning his shirt at superspeed. The emphasis of the shirt "ripped" open nice and wide was for dramatic effect and to match the comic panels that had come before.

I always thought the shirt rip was horrible in Superman Returns as well... I mean, just downright terrible.

Hope they give it it's due this time around!
You may have already known this, but that scene was originally shot with a white T-shirt showing underneath his regular clothes instead of the supersuit...
reason..
It was supposed to have played to the whole superman had been gone for 5 years angle and he, as clark, had forgotten to put the supersuit back on when he got his job back at the DP....The supersuit was later Cg'd over the T-shirt. hence why it looked so bad.

Yes, the shirt rip should happen. My favorite shirt rip is from STAS.

You may have already known this, but that scene was originally shot with a white T-shirt showing underneath his regular clothes instead of the supersuit...
reason..
It was supposed to have played to the whole superman had been gone for 5 years angle and he, as clark, had forgotten to put the supersuit back on when he got his job back at the DP....The supersuit was later Cg'd over the T-shirt. hence why it looked so bad.

speaking of which, i would love to see the full cut of SR on dvd, maybe this holiday season

speaking of which, i would love to see the full cut of SR on dvd, maybe this holiday season
Me too. I dont think it would have helped on getting a sequel, but if it had of been released as it was originally filmed, I think it would have been a much better film...The shirt rip in it still would pi$$ me off tho lol.

reason..

actually I've seen photos of him doing the shirt rip without the suit and he didn't have a t-shirt...bare chest

there must be a classic shirt rip, but i would also love to see him in such a hurry or anger that he takes both his blazer and his shirt with one hand and rips both clean right off of his torso in one swift motion as if they were paper...showing his immense strength.

which is where the Williams theme comes in... :supes:

Don't get me wrong I love Williams' original score but I think it's time for a score that's represents the reboot from another composer.

I just don't think that using a different theme will completely grasp all that is Superman. It won't be nowhere near as awesome as the Williams theme...and of they decide to ditch the original theme I have it on my iPhone, so I'll play it while I watch the opening credits. I don't connect the Williams theme to the past movies...I connect it to Superman as a separate entity like everyone else should. Don't associate it with the movies but with Superman himself!

How about a different variation of the shirt rip for each film?

I thought showing the rip before using superspeed was interesting on Smallville..

52281160.gif

Here's a manip of it with color...​

It would be a little awkward fitting an 'armored supersuit' under clark's work clothes. One more reason to go traditional.

And it isn't a little strange to have boots under your shoes? Or a cape under your shirt? Have you ever tried that? I mean, it's nothing like spandex solves the whole issue.

I'd say keep the shirt riop but make the change more like in the Donner movies, which is NOT exactly like in those movies, but add Kryptonian technology to this.

I just don't think that using a different theme will completely grasp all that is Superman. It won't be nowhere near as awesome as the Williams theme...and of they decide to ditch the original theme I have it on my iPhone, so I'll play it while I watch the opening credits. I don't connect the Williams theme to the past movies...I connect it to Superman as a separate entity like everyone else should. Don't associate it with the movies but with Superman himself!

Many many people feel exactly the same about Christopher Reeve. But, you know...

yep, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hhope for the best

No rehashing of Williams theme, it is the second best superhero theme ever but it'd be dumb to not go somewhere we haven't been musically...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"