The Dark Knight Should Batman's Identity Be Revealed In This Movie?

That would be a pretty awesome scenario.

I thought so...

Like say, oh, I donno... Dent claims to be Batman in order to stop the murdering of innocent people because Mr J says he's going to keep blowing up hospitals until the Batman comes forward. Then as Mr J takes Dent away, Bruce Wayne claims to be Batman, and Mr J is confused, so he takes both of them. Then the police can't figure out how to get these important people away from Mr J and Bruce is a complete failure at trying to help Dent and is such a weenie no one can understand why he got himself into that mess with Mr J on Dents behalf. Then suddenly Batman sweeps in to save the two of them, in front of a news reporter, who is then "accidentally" knocked out, Dent runs to the cops, Bruce now wipes the floor with the bad guys while Batman watches him work, swaps suits with his helpful friend in disguise (insert minor character in Bat-costume here) and although the bad guys swear Bruce is the real Batman no one will believe them because news reporter and Dent both say it's impossible, plus the Batman dropped in on all of them!

Something like that would be rather funny I think. It's like the "not quite" reveal.

Hopefully, if anyone finds out the true identity in this movie- they will either be murdered(Rachel included- it's bound to happen), or turned completely bat**** insane, losing any credibility or foresight, maybe even turning them to a supervillain hell-bent on revenge toward both Bruce and Bats...

I don't think anyone else needs to learn it. It shouldn't be like Spidey, where someone new finds it out each time.

How about a simple NO....I don't see how having people find out who's Batman is essential to telling a Batman story when it eats away at the whole fundamental duel identity Batman needs to even have a story?

I tears away at the core of the myth to have multiple people know....Alfred fine, anyone else is to much.......Lucious was too much, it made sense but still not necessary, Rachel pfft..who the F cares about Rachel?

Anyone else no thanks,

If Rachel gets taken out, that pretty much just leaves Fox and Alfred, so it should stay that way.

I thought someone was gonna add a damn poll to this thread, frickinn slackers :).

I thought so...

Like say, oh, I donno... Dent claims to be Batman in order to stop the murdering of innocent people because Mr J says he's going to keep blowing up hospitals until the Batman comes forward. Then as Mr J takes Dent away, Bruce Wayne claims to be Batman, and Mr J is confused, so he takes both of them. Then the police can't figure out how to get these important people away from Mr J and Bruce is a complete failure at trying to help Dent and is such a weenie no one can understand why he got himself into that mess with Mr J on Dents behalf. Then suddenly Batman sweeps in to save the two of them, in front of a news reporter, who is then "accidentally" knocked out, Dent runs to the cops, Bruce now wipes the floor with the bad guys while Batman watches him work, swaps suits with his helpful friend in disguise (insert minor character in Bat-costume here) and although the bad guys swear Bruce is the real Batman no one will believe them because news reporter and Dent both say it's impossible, plus the Batman dropped in on all of them!

Something like that would be rather funny I think. It's like the "not quite" reveal.

No. No. No. Please no.

Who would be this Batman? He would have to know Bruce's identity. Who would do it? Fox? Alfred? Hardly. You would need someone like Robin to even come close as I doubt a ninja from the League of Assassins would do it. Remember, this is Nolan's world, not BTAS.

Even still, the whole premise of revealing Batman's Identity is absolutely absurd, and an unnecessary plot device continually used by almost every superhero franchise save the X-Men who actually strive to make people know who they are and Superman, whom no one would seem to believe even if he told them anyhow.

No. No. No. Please no.

Who would be this Batman? He would have to know Bruce's identity. Who would do it? Fox? Alfred? Hardly. You would need someone like Robin to even come close as I doubt a ninja from the League of Assassins would do it. Remember, this is Nolan's world, not BTAS.

Even still, the whole premise of revealing Batman's Identity is absolutely absurd, and an unnecessary plot device continually used by almost every superhero franchise save the X-Men who actually strive to make people know who they are and Superman, whom no one would seem to believe even if he told them anyhow.

Sure it's been done a lot, but there is a potential for humor and drama, and it's a heck of a lot better plot device than missing microwave emitters stolen by drug-sniffing ninjas.

I dare anyone to say all those BTAS episodes that used this idea were bad.

As long as the question of Batman's identity is brought up by Gothamites I'm happy, the media discussing it is exactly what I wanted.

Seeing as the trailers show Batman plainly visible in a few public scenes, it'd be great to show some blurry mobile footage on a news show or something, similar to the scene in Hellboy. Begins made Batman a little bit mundane but the public's obsession with him would be a great way to build up the coolness again and contrast with the reality. The potential of that is what I'm most looking forward to

This thread's title always make me laugh...

And the answer is NO! Period.

After i saw the trailer, i got to thinking
after all that happened in the trailer: will his identity be revealed?
could the joker foil it? could racheal foil it? bruce wayne? alfred?

Any Thoughts:huh:

Batman's identity was revealed in the first one for christ sake. Alfred, Lucius Fox and Rachel know who Bruce Wayne is by the end of BB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"