Should Captain America be acted by an American actor

No, Bale doesn't have the radiating charisma and commanding voice of Steve Rogers. He always pick dark, often oppressive role. 100% perfect for Batman.

Redneck? Cap is an Irish from New York.

Please research the comics first then maybe you have an appreciation that he has to be acted by an American, not some bloke who can do Southern US accent.

It would be awesome if they picked a german actor to play Captain America. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Redneck Cap, huh? I got's to be honest with you. I'd love to see Dale Dye play Nick Fury. Now, I know Fury is from NY also, and Dye has a southern accent. Point is, I'd hate to see a redneck Cap, but who am I to say it when I want a Southern Fury?

I know it would never happen since he's too big a name, but I always thought Brad Pitt would have been perfect. He's a little old for the part now. But I alwys thought the actor needed to convey what it would be like to wake up to a world that changed while you stayed the same, a certain naivete without being totally innocent.

Brad Pitt isn't too big of a name. Captain America is much bigger than any actor. So he's not excluded from contention.

kurt.jpg

Kurt Angle is the all American hero who should portray the Cap.

It's true. It's DAMN true.

Really after i think about it aaron eckhart woud be a pretty good choice for cap the way he look just in way looks like cap

Captain America needs to look the part and be a good actor; a great actor can fake an american accent.

Yes he should be played by an American actor. Paul walker or Jensen Ackles?

I don't know if anyone has commented on this, but the question in the poll is either poorly worded, or the poll has too few alternatives.
...I'd like an alternative that expresses the opinion that I don't care what nationality the actor is of.
Because that's exactly it... personally, I don't care what nationality the actor is, as long as he's a good actor, has good resemblance to the character, and can produce a convincing American accent.

As the argument goes, it's the character that's American. The nationality of the actor portraying the character does not effect the nationality of the character. They are two completely different things.

And like someone else said, people don't complain that the actors that play James Bond aren't actual spies. I don't see why nationality should be any different. The line does seem to be drawn arbitrarily, and with a xenophobic result (this goes just as much for James Bond being necessarily being played by British actors).

Captain AMERICA. Not Captain INTERNATIONAL. If the actor is international, I can live with that- but if they change it to make the character international as well- I would have lost ALL faith in Hollywood being proud of being an American if they fck this up on top of GI Joe.

I don't know if anyone has commented on this, but the question in the poll is either poorly worded, or the poll has too few alternatives.
...I'd like an alternative that expresses the opinion that I don't care what nationality the actor is of.
Because that's exactly it... personally, I don't care what nationality the actor is, as long as he's a good actor, has good resemblance to the character, and can produce a convincing American accent.

As the argument goes, it's the character that's American. The nationality of the actor portraying the character does not effect the nationality of the character. They are two completely different things.

And like someone else said, people don't complain that the actors that play James Bond aren't actual spies. I don't see why nationality should be any different. The line does seem to be drawn arbitrarily, and with a xenophobic result (this goes just as much for James Bond being necessarily being played by British actors).

The poll is pretty clear. You chose the second option, that "Cap doesn't have to be acted by American actor".

Why are people complaining that James Bond actors aren't actual spies? :whatever: There hasn't been spies acted in James Bond movie, only mostly British & Commonwealth actors. And some people will complain if James Bond acted by American actor, though the chance for that diminish as years go by. By that, Sean Connery & Roger Moore is irreplaceable by American actors, but James Bonds after Daniel Craig will have greater chance of being acted by Americans. On the other hand, this is the first film about Captain America. I don't know if you've read the comics, but it's originated as a propaganda comics and even in the later editions right before he died, US is centerpiece on what he does and commits.

The poll is pretty clear. You chose the second option, that "Cap doesn't have to be acted by American actor".

Answering "no" to the question "Should Cap be acted by an American actor?" to me implies I'd prefer a non-US actor over a US one. That is not an accurate description of my opinion on the matter.

Matt Damon is my choice. But it doesn't really matter if the actor is an American or not. As long as they can pull off the role, then everything is good.

Captain America needs to be played by an American. I mean the guy is called Captain freaking AMERICA for Christ sakes! It's just like if James Bond weren't played by someone British (like George Lazenby), if Superman weren't American or Ultimate Nick Fury wasn't played by Samuel L. Jackson.

I'm sorry but if Bond was to ever be played by an American, I would kill someone for making such a blatant error! With that said, Jonathen Rhys myers for Bond after Craig.

As for Captain America, there really isn't a well known foreign actor of Bale's calibur suited for the role. America is large enough, the guy whol'll play cap is probably feeding rats at the back of New York restaraunt right now as we speak.

My opinion on this: Captain America should be played by an American actor.

The name is Captain-America, he represents American value more clearly than Superman. Some of you will say “well what actors do is acting”. Oh yeah, tell that the James Bond franchise – why can’t an American actor be a James Bond? James Bond doesn’t spell like James “Captain Britain” Bond, while Captain America is Captain America.

Tell you what, I rather see a black all-American Steve Rogers (perhaps a film on Patriot), than an Australian Steve Rogers. If there's an exhaustive search on the American actors and proficient candidate is not found, then Marvel can go for the foreign actors. But before that, an American should be searched for Cap.

To sum up, check first:
Matt Damon
Brad Pitt
Mark Valley <-- New Yorker, like Cap
Aaron Eckhart

Then:
Clive Owen
Gerald Butler
Sean Bean
Hugh Grant
The F______??????

No, Captain America should definitely be portrayed by a Russia with really furry eyebrows, hairy chest, and a thick accent.

Seriously though, whats the point of this?
For sure they have to have an American, even if there are plenty of probably suitable actors who can masks their accents.

This film is guaranteed to be much more popular within American borders then anywhere else given the character, so I'd assume that if some cultural icon of his magnitude(actually do mainstream Americans view Cap as an icon?) were to be acted by a foreigner some of them might actually be peeved enough to wait and rent it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"