Should Captain America be acted by an American actor

It does not matter as Bale is Welsh and he played Batman so whatever.

Well Batman is never called as the American Batman and fight the ideals of his country.

Batman is never personified by his country. He doesn't fight WW2 for America nor he fights for the American ideals.

Captain America is like James Bond. Maybe more because of the causes listed above.

Batman is never personified by his country. He doesn't fight WW2 for America nor he fights for the American ideals.

Captain America is like James Bond. Maybe more because of the causes listed above.

Fair enough, what if the has a citizenship? Not just born here.

I'm not fixing that Cap must be American. Try to find an American first, if he's not found then have somebody else fitting the description.

Citizenship is okay.

I'm not fixing that Cap must be American. Try to find an American first, if he's not found then have somebody else fitting the description.

Citizenship is okay.

Cool that opens the doors a bit. :yay:

Honstly though, America is full of talented actors who can fit the criteria of playing the role of CA.

Exactly. For the last years, moviegoers are barraged by movies actored by British/ANZ actors. Of course these actors come to mind when it comes to action movie with charismatic lead because they're so fresh in our memory. Well, don't you think there are good American actors too? Just because they don't get a part in James Bond or 300, it doesn't mean they don't exist.

I thought one category would by anyone who can pull it off.

Isn't Christian Bale British?? But he loses the the accent and becomes the American Bruce Wayne. ,

I thought Christian Bale was American but was also sort of a method actor who speaks with a British accent because of a movie he is doing.
I thought he was American but sometimes used a British accent.

Anyway, I think if they used a a Canadian Actor, or a British Actor, or an actor from outside of America,
BUT they were unknown or unknown enough so that no one knew when they were in the movie (like with Jackman in X-Men, or Routh for Superman) then it wouldn't matter.
but if they picked a known actor it probably would matter.

^Bale is British, he's from Wales, but sometimes keeps an American accent for interviews and such.

My opinion on this: Captain America should be played by an American actor.

The name is Captain-America, he represents American value more clearly than Superman. Some of you will say “well what actors do is acting”. Oh yeah, tell that the James Bond franchise – why can’t an American actor be a James Bond? James Bond doesn’t spell like James “Captain Britain” Bond, while Captain America is Captain America.

Tell you what, I rather see a black all-American Steve Rogers (perhaps a film on Patriot), than an Australian Steve Rogers. If there's an exhaustive search on the American actors and proficient candidate is not found, then Marvel can go for the foreign actors. But before that, an American should be searched for Cap.

To sum up, check first:
Matt Damon
Brad Pitt
Mark Valley <-- New Yorker, like Cap
Aaron Eckhart

Then:
Clive Owen
Gerald Butler
Sean Bean
Hugh Grant
I think it would be better to have an American actor playing Captain *America*, but that's just me.

well ...it's the character that's American. Not the actor, that counts.

Yeah the best actor should get the job, but I say cap has to be played by an American to truely be Captain America. This is a role that he will be known for. And for a long time to come. Who ever they pick should reflect true American values.

I am now waiting for the poll that asks "Should a black actor be cast as Captain America?".

Here are the best potentials to play Captain America. They certainly deserve a super-hero role already:

PAUL WALKER
walker-paul-photo-paul-walker-6206524.jpg

RYAN REYNOLDS
RyanReynoldsOne.jpg

JOSH DUHAMEL
1josh_duhamel_55.jpg

MATHEW McCONAUGHEY
matthewmcconaughey_wideweb__470x352,0.jpg

ANZ/Scots/Irish/Welsh -> English

is a less divide to cross than

British & Commonwealth -> America

ANZ -> Commonwealth countries. You know who's head of the Commonwealth, Britain which supposed to be an English yoke Empire. They like the queen's ass sitting on their head, figuratively speaking.
Scots -> Not even a country per se. Part of Britain.
Welsh -> Idem.
Irish -> Used to be part of Britain.

Compared to:

America -> A proud big country across the Atlantic pond who kicked English butt forever in the 19th century. They say they have their own culture and anyway unlike most of those above in World War II, they follow their own army to fight Germany.

Research those James Bond actors anywhere in the internet, and you'll see they have schooled one way or another in British, cough, English acting schools. James Bond is not even says "Captain Britain". That means lay people who are not accustomed to James Bond don't even know Bond is British or let alone, English. On the other hand, Captain America spells "Captain-America". He's from America isn't it - well what most people don't know that he's from New York instead of Southern states. :)

What are you on about, i dont understand a word you are saying???

THE ENGLISHMAN,
let me make a clearer analogy that ChiefChirpa was saying:

Captain-America is what America is too South Africa and Iraq, such as, educating the world to avoid a foreigner to be the Captain of America and such as.

There's the U.S. Americans< North, South, East, West
There's the commonwealth areas of U.S. America < Hawaii, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Barbados

That's like saying The Rock can be Captain America since he is Hawain, and he was schooled in the central USA as a star football player and was smart. You have an Golden Globe winner in The Rock and he can be the American Captain that Marvel seeks. But once again, it comes back around to the lack of education of most "USA"-type Americans, such as the ones that speak English!!! So, what's the problem of having a Hawaiin be the Captain of USA. If fans don't like it then they can stick with Sean Connery or Gerard Butler. It's better to have the research and knowledge of a futuristic Captain America from Hawiai, then rather having an ex-WW2 soldier playing him. No fans want an elderly person playing Captain America, right? This is a movie that's marketed to the youth. Although, it would be a first, such as.

I would let Gerard do it any day of the ****ing week.

Mathew could do a potentially great job too, but he would have to change his voice up tho.

^Bale is British, he's from Wales, but sometimes keeps an American accent for interviews and such.
but Batman isnt an iconic american character,Caps costume represents america,it should be an american

I don't care if he's played by an American or not, just as long as the actor actually fought in WWII.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"