Gotham Should Gotham be about a show Bruce's travels instead?

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
Batman's training was incredible.

Should a Batmsn show do a better job exploring the training described in the video?

It's probably what will happen with the season 5 'reboot'. If it gets greenlit, that is.

I have a feeling that a show about Bruce Wayne's travels would pretty quickly slip into the Kung Fu (David Carradine)/Incredible Hulk (Bill Bixby) format. Each week he'd encounter some injustice (probably involving a young widow/mother), fix her troubles (whilst somehow still having time to complete his training), then move on to the next town/ancient master for next weeks episode (and... cue sad piano theme). I think I'd pass, tbh.

I have a feeling that a show about Bruce Wayne's travels would pretty quickly slip into the Kung Fu (David Carradine)/Incredible Hulk (Bill Bixby) format. Each week he'd encounter some injustice (probably involving a young widow/mother), fix her troubles (whilst somehow still having time to complete his training), then move on to the next town/ancient master for next weeks episode (and... cue sad piano theme). I think I'd pass, tbh.

There are alot of tv formulas that were old and cliche that were ravamped and became something incredible.

It has potential.

TV has gotten far more diverse and sophisticated than the 1970's, lol.

Plus Bruce's mentors were BAMF's. It would awesome seeing an ex-CIA agent train and challenge Bruce with mind games or a Houdini leave Bruce wondering wtf just happened.

Kung Fu just didn't have the same variety of stories available. It's basically kung fu monk vs cowboy 99% of the time.

There are alot of tv formulas that were old and cliche that were ravamped and became something incredible.

It has potential.

TV has gotten far more diverse and sophisticated than the 1970's, lol.

Plus Bruce's mentors were BAMF's. It would awesome seeing an ex-CIA agent train and challenge Bruce with mind games or a Houdini leave Bruce wondering wtf just happened.

Kung Fu just didn't have the same variety of stories available. It's basically kung fu monk vs cowboy 99% of the time

All that is true, and it maybe that 'Travels of Bruce' would start off with good intentions, but I think it would eventually slip into 'wandering hero' mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"