Should Hercules appear in Thor?

I'd have to say save the Thor meets Hercules idea for another movie.

Abso-frickin-lutely NO Hercules. That would ruin the movie. Maybe in a sequel but not in the debut.

Herc could make a cameo in one of the sequels, the same way Gambit made a cameo in Wolverine, and then get his own spin off movie.

^Let's not copy the way that FOX does things, please. I want Marvel to remain respectable as a film studio.;)

I'm just saying that if a cameo fits, without changing the characters or their history, then why not use that chance to start a spin off there
especially if they are a character that has a lesser chance of having their own franchise.
Herc and Thor fought in the comic, perhaps a small cameo wouldn't be too out of the question. Then he could end up getting a spin off franchise.

It's just too much for the first movie. Unless it's an after-the-credits thing, like Nick Fury in Iron Man.

No. Cuz Thors Norse myth, and Hercules is Greek mythology.

Changeling said:
No. Cuz Thors Norse myth, and Hercules is Greek mythology.

So?

And yeah, not for the first film. Maybe the second, but I don't really see any reason to do so at all.

Marvel does Greek + Norse all the time.

It would be too much for the first film indeed, but I could see it being a small part in the second or third.

Yeah, Herc and Thor are one of the best buddy teams in comics. Plus, they always have decent fights.

Definitely not for the first movie. A crossover with the Greek gods could be a really cool idea for a Thor sequel, though. Rather than making Herc appear as just a random buddy of Thor's, have Thor and the Asgardians encounter Olympus and make it the basis for the whole movie. That could work.

Absolutely. A Loki/Pluto team-up to bring down both pantheons would be EPIC.

And of course, they would manipulate the obligatory Thor vs Hercules fight. :word:

Naturally. Thor and Herc fight almost every time they see each other, even though they're buddies.

Personally, I'd go for a Hela/Pluto team-up, myself. Or maybe Ulik or the Executioner and Enchantress/Ares. Loki's gonna be the main villain for the first film, so it'd be nice to change it up for the sequels rather than having Loki, Loki, Loki all the time.

Yeah, although I imagine they'd tone his color scheme down some. Kurse was a really brightly colored unstoppable powerhouse.

It's the unstoppable powerhouse thing that's created such an awe in my mind when it comes to Kurse.

I rememeber reading his profile in the Marvel Directory when I was a kid even before I'd actually read any Kurse stories. The profile just made him sound so badass.

Class 300 strength and able to hand Thor his a$$ on a consistant basis?

Wow.

Yeah, he's pretty hardcore. He's got that "gentle giant" archetype working for him, too. I like that.

Agreed on the colour scheme thing too.

I think it's same to say there's one costume that would need major revision should the silver screen come-a-knockin' (the horns are awesome though)

There's no reason he can't show up as a character, but I'd say leave the big battles for Thor.

Naturally. Thor and Herc fight almost every time they see each other, even though they're buddies.

Personally, I'd go for a Hela/Pluto team-up, myself. Or maybe Ulik or the Executioner and Enchantress/Ares. Loki's gonna be the main villain for the first film, so it'd be nice to change it up for the sequels rather than having Loki, Loki, Loki all the time.

True.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"