Should James Wan be in charge of shaping the DCEU?

10 years, wow! That is a hell of a long time lol. The length of the entire MCU to date. :D:

The only issue with that is that some of those who would be good for it like Gadot and Momoa would have already had a decade where they could have been involved and will be that much older by the time it and its sequels come around. I would hope 5-7 years is realistic if we get a string of hits with the next few films, particularly in the solo films of other Leaguers.

Yes, sadly I don't think a second JL movie will happen in time for Gadot and Momoa to feature :(

oh well, i would be pleased with at least 2 more AQ films if he doesnt want to do that, one thing im sure is WB wont let him go
Yeah, can't really complain if we get that, and that would already be quite a big coup from someone like Wan who has created many franchises and then moved on after a couple of films.

Yes, sadly I don't think a second JL movie will happen in time for Gadot and Momoa to feature :(
It's a shame the stars couldn't all align at the same time. :csad:

Team-up movies are possible not all ensemble movies need to be Justice League, just like Marvel had a few team-up movie outside of Avengers in Thor Ragnarok and CA: Civil War.

Team-up movies are possible not all ensemble movies need to be Justice League, just like Marvel had a few team-up movie outside of Avengers in Thor Ragnarok and CA: Civil War.
Once WB/DC get a few more successful solo movies under their belt I can see them testing the water a little with a few team-ups before they commit to another JL movie.

It is. I'd be up for a Wonder Woman/Aquaman team-up movie though! :yay:
Well that would be awesome, and could also be quite natural. They are the 2 mythical heroes and could match up nicely.

True. I want at least one definitive JL film, and preferable featuring these 2, but there can be smaller teamups outside JL films for sure.

They're working on Batman, GLC and Supergirl, once they green light Flash and release those 4 films, we still have Gal and Jason doing their 2nd or 3rd films, and that should be the time to see if there's demand for a team up film....plus Will and Margot are probably still around, I'm sure people don't mind seeing Diana interacts with Harley...

or if all goes to poop, we still get that Diana/Arthur Date movie that James Wan set up in this movie =P

I think many film directors would be wary of taking up responsibility of overseeing an integrated cohesive DCEU, it a full time job, directors don't usually want to be Producers for 10 movies that will be released over a period of 5 years.

If Wan is willing to direct/ Produce Aquaman sequels and one or two other DC franchises, then it might be manageable, I don't see him taking up a Fiege like position at WB alone. He is more of a Director than a Producer. Same for Patty Jenkins.

Ideally a core team of consisting of creative heads and people who have experience producing movies and couple of directors together should be taking up this responsibility, instead of just one person.

I think team of Hamada, Wan (if he is willing) and Geoff Johns can work, at least for next few DC movies, they can add / remove some people as they go ahead.

Ya I was thinking more of Hamada's basically their Feige, and his go to guy is Geoff Johns, who is probably at the frontline doing the stories/scripts etc (already done so for WW and AM, now doing GLC)

and the other guy should be Wan, for advice on business/movie side of things, and I guess they're probably doing that already since they created the conjuring universe at New Line together and that's probably why WB moved the whole team over there to Burbank.

Would be nice to have say Hamada instead of Tsujihara as the leader and Wan/Johns/Jenkins bouncing off ideas, and some box office/marketing guys/girls there to create the path going forward, which is probably what they're doing anyway...

I have a feeling Reeves is probably communicating with McKay/Robbie/Hodgeson etc thus taking forever to get his script right....I have no idea but it's possible he might be putting Batgirl/Dick in there so others can take them and spin off....WB's pretty keen on Batgirl

I think it'll be a struggle to wait ten whole years before JL2; especially if some of the characters (Flash, Cyborg, a Lantern) aren't featured before then. You can't exactly throw Flash and Cyborg back in if they haven't had their solo films and expect people to care about them. Affleck, as unfortunate as it is, likely wont be seen in the DCEU again. They're going to need to recast Bruce Wayne, and quickly.

Should Wan take over the DCEU? No. He should however (as mentioned by someone above) helm JL2 if it ever comes about. I do feel though that we'll need Aquaman 2, Man of Steel 2, Shazam 2 and solo films for Batman, Flash, Cyborg and a Green Lantern before then. I suppose they could introduce Shazam as the seventh JL member instead of a Green Lantern, mix it up a bit considering Shazam will be introduced to the DCEU long before a Lantern project … gets lit.

Regarding the solo films though, if they're going to proceed with that route, they're going to need to keep them solo whilst maybe referencing other heroes and/or events within them. I wouldn't want each solo feature ignoring the larger universe, for fear that bringing the gang together again would prove troublesome.

Aquqman 2 for example, there was some suggestions that a sequel could have a conflict (or two) between the surface and ocean. If that were ever to take place, you'd expect the likes of Clark and Diana to be involved; they're global heroes.

They're working on Batman, GLC and Supergirl, once they green light Flash and release those 4 films, we still have Gal and Jason doing their 2nd or 3rd films, and that should be the time to see if there's demand for a team up film....plus Will and Margot are probably still around, I'm sure people don't mind seeing Diana interacts with Harley...
As far as I'm aware, neither of those projects have gotten any movement in a long time.

Batman is very much on cards, it's a matter of when, not if, tbh I'm less sure of projects like Supergirl, Batgirl, Nightwing and Justice League Dark.

As far as I'm aware, neither of those projects have gotten any movement in a long time.

I just posted some articles for friends last month =P

Geoff Johns Writing And Producing New 'Green Lantern Corps' Movie

Here's What's Up With All Those Rumors About Tom Cruise Playing Green Lantern

Christopher McQuarrie Explains Why He Passed on Green Lantern Corps

McQ "passed" because there's no script yet, and Johns was setting up Titans and Stargirl the last few months....not sure how much he has written yet though

KC Walsh told me they might not get Cruise because he's not available in 2019, which indicates the time-frame they want....

For Batman...words have been spread around for quite a while now, they are hoping for a summer 2019 production.....and el maybe said Reeves was to hand in the 2nd draft a few days ago (don't know how it's getting on now), Jett said Reeves is 100% directing it, probably releasing 2021....2020 maybe but less likely, he's pretty solid on Batman related intels..

KC Walsh told me they might not get Cruise because he's not available in 2019, which indicates the time-frame they want....

For Batman...words have been spread around for quite a while now, they are hoping for a summer 2019 production.....and el maybe said Reeves was to hand in the 2nd draft a few days ago (don't know how it's getting on now), Jett said Reeves is 100% directing it, probably releasing 2021....2020 maybe but less likely, he's pretty solid on Batman related intels..
I hope the rumors are right about Batman, because I really don't want them to leave it too long.

As for Cruise, HELL NO. I don't want him as a superhero. Sorry. He's great in Mission Impossible and the like, but I just don't see him as a traditional superhero, and I wouldn't want him portraying Hal Jordan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"