Should Kon-El / Superboy be part of the DCCU?

Discussion in 'Upcoming Superman Solo Movie' started by Young Superman, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Young Superman

Young Superman The Last Son of Krypton

Do you guys think Kon-El / Superboy be part of the DCCU? If so how should they do his origin on screen? Which costume / look should he have on screen?

2. MydnightPhoenix

MydnightPhoenix Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

3. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Hell yes, T Shirt and jeans look please

4. BlueLanternKal

BlueLanternKal Super-Lex

5. BlueLanternKal

BlueLanternKal Super-Lex

If we're talking Jonathan Samuel Kent Superboy then yes.

6. Mightiest Mortal

Mightiest Mortal World's Mightiest Mortal

Yeah, that would be much more interesting, imo.

7. TheRedWraith

TheRedWraith Well-Known Member

and being as Clark is an alien with vastly different dna than lois he would have to be created in the scout ship.

8. ManWithNoName18

ManWithNoName18 Well-Known Member

I mean there doing it now in rebirth Superman impregnated Lois, and they have a son Jonathan. So it is an option down the line

9. MydnightPhoenix

MydnightPhoenix Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Its all fake anyway, I always say if ChiChi can have Gokus son than Lois can have Clark's.
    And if its Baby Supes then I'd change my vote. But I still prefer learning more about him rather than bringing in countless other characters.

10. TheRedWraith

Those are the comics where any and all attempts at trying to be even slightly realistic were thrown out the window long ago, I don't want that to happen hear in the DCEU I want them to at least respect the basics like an alien with vastly different alien dna that grants him alien superpowers would not be genetically compatible with a human.

11. TheRedWraith

I'd give him the look he had in Young Justice season 2.

12. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Wow interesting how we can have such different opinions. I hate how boring a simple son of Superman is compared to a clone of Superman and Lex. Kon-El is so much more interesting. Geoff Johns' Titans run and Young Justice sold me.

Would much rather have Kon-El than Jonathan. I'm not a fan of Jonathan Superboy.

13. Luke234

Luke234 Well-Known Member

Please no.

14. Lead Cenobite

Lead Cenobite Exquisitely Empty

We can always have both, Kon-El and Jon Kent. But between them, I'd rather Kon be Superboy, since he was the first character to be Superboy as a separate character from Clark Kent. And I think the attempts to clone/recreate Superman would make an interesting ongoing story, resulting in the creations of both Bizarro and eventually Kon.

I'm surprised to see so much negativity at the notion of introducing a Superboy(and Kon-El in particular), though.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  15. Osiris-Rex

Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

I'd rather Kara Zor-El be introduced first.

16. Lead Cenobite

Lead Cenobite Exquisitely Empty

That makes sense. She could be a surviving colonist still in stasis on some overlooked scout ship on another planet, which could have been named Argo/Argos by the Kryptonian settlers.

I feel like WB has missed their opportunity to adapt the Reign of the Supermen storyline and are skipping it in favor of having Superman resurrected while the Justice League is dealing with an Apokoliptan invasion. It bugs me that whenever there's an adaptation of the Death of Superman story, they always leave out the Reign portion, or it's very simplified, as in Superman: Doomsday. There might need to be some changes for it to work as a movie, but it would be intriguing to see the debuts of Superboy, Steel, the Eradicator and Cyborg Superman. Introducing Superboy would be easy since it's feasible that the government would want to clone Superman and have him under their control in case of any future alien threats or another Doomsday scenario. Then John Henry Irons/Steel comes in wearing powered armor that he reverse engineered from Kryptonian tech. Eradicator could be the Jor-El AI creating a physical body for himself so that he can find and revive his "son"(picture Russel Crowe in a version of the Superman suit with that visor), while Cyborg Superman could be tied into Cyborg's origin and act as a rival for the character.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  17. Vaibow

Vaibow Well-Known Member

I agree, i was hoping it was Luthor and Steppenwolf that had taken Clark and he was on a table somewhere, with a slight pulse - showing he wasn't dead.

The JL break in and they are lead to a room and it is literally full of tanks of in stasis Clark, young, older, deformed etc. Which one is the real one and who do they rescue?

Out on the streets the parademons are causing havoc in a city - up steps 'Steel' and people see the hope Clark inspired in Steel.

Then we eventually see 'Superman' but it's not the superman and so forth. That's a justice league movie!

18. Jochimus

Jochimus Autobot Slacker

Seeing as we've already gotten one Kryptonian/human clone in the DCCU, I don't see how it would be impossible to create another.

Jon's nice, but considering what happened the last time a filmmaker decided to give Superman a biological son (the handling of it AND the backlash), I'd say go with Conner.

19. Chance Jackson

Chance Jackson Well-Known Member

Kon El preferably in a tactical/Real life practical version of [​IMG]

20. _Superman_

_Superman_ Man Of Steel

I feel he should appear in titans than the movies. Cassie should appear there as well.

21. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

This. The DCEU hasn't exactly got off to a flying start, and it's far too early to be thinking about the likes of their children. The only other Kryptonian I'm interesting in seeing in the DCEU is Kara.

22. Milk Tray Guy

Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

This 100%.

23. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

If MOS films went a certain way I would totally love for him to be in the movies. A clone with his/Lex DNA, built as a replacement is a good storyline to tell.

24. Vaibow

Vaibow Well-Known Member

imagine the conflict as well... that be great

25. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

I'm not against him showing up eventually, but I want to see Kara first.