If you could design the Smallville version of the Superman costume?

Lane & Kent

Civilian
Reaction score
If you could design the Smallville version of the Superman costume?

What would it kook like? Would you keep it classic or go you own way?

Since Tom Welling looks cool in black I decided on a costume that looks similar to this manip of Kon-El. (but it would have a better a better belt buckle),

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...px-Kon-el1.png

Already been done sort of

S038.jpg

meh

why is it that there are so many superman fans that don't understand the superman costume?

I mean there was all the nonsense over the costume in SR... and now this design a 'better' superman costumer for SV.

The superman costume is supposed to be dorky. It's supposed to be bright. It is NOT supposed to be a cool space aged uniform, nor is a supposed to be a black clad teenager in a tshirt to appease those contemporary fashion gurus.

seriously... the costume represents an ideal, and should never be changed. It SV clark were to don the costume in this series, it would definately have to be the CLASSIC SUPERMAN COSTUME.

I am however, against any first person view of welling in the costume on the show. As I've said a number of times on the board: I think Smallville should end with all the loose ends being tied up, and Clark merely leaving home to start life in metropolis.

after a commercial break, and a few months, Martha Kent should be at home doing chores around the house with Lana while the TV is on. And the show should end with Lois coming on the TV as a fully fledged reporter, reporting that a mysterious stranger just caught an plane in the middle of metropolis (and we only get to see a short shot of Superman doing something super... but documentary/news crew style). Cue the superman theme... Da da da Da da da.... Da da da Da da da... And then the scene fades out as Lana and Martha give each other a funny look, and the superman theme kicks into full gear.

We should never see SV clark fully in the costume, it just doesn't fit the whole theme of the show.

I agree with you, completely Superfreak. I love the classic costume to death and I like your idea on how the show should end a lot. This is just for fun.
Is anyonr else gonna post any designs?

I am however, against any first person view of welling in the costume on the show. As I've said a number of times on the board: I think Smallville should end with all the loose ends being tied up, and Clark merely leaving home to start life in metropolis.

after a commercial break, and a few months, Martha Kent should be at home doing chores around the house with Lana while the TV is on. And the show should end with Lois coming on the TV as a fully fledged reporter, reporting that a mysterious stranger just caught an plane in the middle of metropolis (and we only get to see a short shot of Superman doing something super... but documentary/news crew style). Cue the superman theme... Da da da Da da da.... Da da da Da da da... And then the scene fades out as Lana and Martha give each other a funny look, and the superman theme kicks into full gear.

We should never see SV clark fully in the costume, it just doesn't fit the whole theme of the show.

If the show doesnt end with the last shot of Clark, whether he be in Superman costume or just as Clark Kent, then I think they would have screwed up royally.

I quite like where you have the other characters but you have to have the last shot being of him.

To be honest I would use McG Superman outfit which IMO is pretty nice.

Mc_G__s_Superman_Movie_Suit__by_BroHawk.jpg

Superman_Movie_Suit_color_by_BroHawk.jpg

Yeah, I quite like that. :up: To be honest, and I know I'm gonna get rapped for this, but I seriously think the red undies need to go. I know its traditional and all that goes with that, but you also have to keep up with the times, and someone who wears their underwear on the outside is not keeping up.

But that's just my opinion. :O

meh

why is it that there are so many superman fans that don't understand the superman costume?

I mean there was all the nonsense over the costume in SR... and now this design a 'better' superman costumer for SV.

The superman costume is supposed to be dorky. It's supposed to be bright. It is NOT supposed to be a cool space aged uniform, nor is a supposed to be a black clad teenager in a tshirt to appease those contemporary fashion gurus.

seriously... the costume represents an ideal, and should never be changed. It SV clark were to don the costume in this series, it would definately have to be the CLASSIC SUPERMAN COSTUME.

i gotta say superfreak, i got chills reading your ending with supes being caught on camera. that would be a really good ending ESPECIALLY if they cannot legally show Tom in the suit. the home footage could even have audio of people doing the typical, is it a bird, is it a plane....however if they can show him, it would be perfect IMO if the final shot was the typical Superman fly off into the camera with him smiling, but that probably wont happen and is just a dream:woot:

anyway, great idea

If the show doesn't end with the last shot of Clark, whether he be in Superman costume or just as Clark Kent, then I think they would have screwed up royally.

I quite like where you have the other characters but you have to have the last shot being of him.
Exactly. The show will have been on the air for seven years, possibly more by that point, and ending without seeing Clark AS Superman is just downright dumb. Kinda like not seeing Anakin in the Darth Vader costume at the end of ROTS. The suit and Clark flying are the two biggest questions fans ask. G&M are probably sick of hearing it LOL. By hook or by crook, we'll get that money shot. It's the right way to end the show, and G&M know it.

Yeah, I quite like that. :up: To be honest, and I know I'm gonna get rapped for this, but I seriously think the red undies need to go. I know its traditional and all that goes with that, but you also have to keep up with the times, and someone who wears their underwear on the outside is not keeping up.

Opinions are good. Personally, I want to keep it as traditional as possible, though given the amount of screen time it will likely have, they probably won't spend too much coin on it. If they give him an updated version of Reeve's costume (modern material and airbrushed), I'll be happy. They may only need to make the shirt if the finale scene is just a shirt rip. S'kay. I'll be fine with that too. Though my preference would be either seeing him fly out of the FOS ala S:TM, or the traditional space scene winking into the camera as he flies by. The latter would just leave me in awe. :heart:

Though my preference would be either seeing him fly out of the FOS ala S:TM, or the traditional space scene winking into the camera as he flies by. The latter would just leave me in awe. :heart:

I'm hoping for both.

Though my preference would be either seeing him fly out of the FOS ala S:TM, or the traditional space scene winking into the camera as he flies by. The latter would just leave me in awe. :heart:

I wouldnt complain if the final shot of Smallville is basically the final shot just like the movies with the theme blasting in the background one final time

I'm hoping for both.
Don't be greedy. :p

J/K! Sure, I'd take both too.

I wouldnt complain if the final shot of Smallville is basically the final shot just like the movies with the theme blasting in the background one final time
Complain? Pfft! That would be a dream come true for me LOL. If that doesn't happen though, maybe they'll give us a version of SFAS since the show is based on it. That would be great too. There's plenty of options.

If they do have him appear in the suit and I hope they do, where should it come from?

Complain? Pfft! That would be a dream come true for me LOL

Maybe if we all ask nicely WormyT can do some manipping :cwink: He can fit Smallvilles Lex or Lois at the end scene then do Tom Welling :woot:

If they do have him appear in the suit and I hope they do, where should it come from?
The plan seems to already be in the works...

memoria8.jpg

commencement12.jpg

exodus.jpg

shield-sv.jpg

With minor details being influenced by Clark's family and his own choice of preferred wardrobe colors and footwear...

relic8.jpg

red6.jpg

hidden10.jpg

The answer? Somebody will likely make it. I hope it's Martha.

Now, I'm just throwing this out there (because I do think the McG suit looks darn cool, too), but is Superman really a person to "keep up with the times"? I've always seen him as a person whose ideals and what-not are more of another time, a more idealistic time, and who isn't very much concerned with being the most up-to-date.
However, maybe SV's Clark isn't really like that. As long as we see SOMETHING of a Superman suit that is predominately Classic in the series finale, I will be a happy camper.
Exactly. The show will have been on the air for seven years, possibly more by that point, and ending without seeing Clark AS Superman is just downright dumb. Kinda like not seeing Anakin in the Darth Vader costume at the end of ROTS. The suit and Clark flying are the two biggest questions fans ask. G&M are probably sick of hearing it LOL. By hook or by crook, we'll get that money shot. It's the right way to end the show, and G&M know it.
Good analogy.
Though my preference would be either seeing him fly out of the FOS ala S:TM...
Ok, if that happened, I'd be an uncontrollably ecstatic camper.

I really want the show to end with tom ripping his shirt revealing the \S/ but I don't think they'll do that, after all he doesn't become superman at 22 - 23, which is how old Clark'll be when smallville finishes, he will probably leave smallville, pursuing a career in investigative reporting...

In Superman Birthright, Clark travelled the world as a reporter, learning how to fly & saving people along the way, but when he saves his new found friends, they look at him like a freak, he kept his abilities a secret & when they see it they feel betrayed, & Clark thinks he should have a disguise when he saves people, it's not till he returns to smallville that he gets the suit, but it's made by martha in birthright, after her showing him some cloths which were in his ship, a big red one, a big blue one & a yellow one, & of course the house of el crest ( \S/ ) which he believes is the perfect symbol for his disguise, martha comes up with the idea of him wearing glasses & learning to change body language, it would work better that way for SV, we can't imagine Clark from SV using clark as a disguise, clark in metropolis & superman r disguises, when he goes back 2 smallville 2 c his mom, thats the normal clark, I think they touched on that in SR, but didn't give it enough justice...

...& also I find it abit silly when people say "Y does no1 c that clark kent is superman" Well Superman never says he has a secret identity, he makes himself known as superman, thats it, so why would people put clark & him together, the only person that can do that is Lois, cos she's the 1 that sees both of them regularly, but she only sees one or the other, & it makes her wonder...

In terms of the series finale, an extended flight ala the end of SR would be great. You figure it's the end of the show, they better pull out all the big money for the FX shots.

I still hope though that we get an episode earlier in the season called "Flight" where he learns how to fly. Running through the cornfields and taking off just like in STAS. Magical.

I disagree. I think it fits perfectly with the whole idea of the show, that it is the people of smallville who are the heroes. For shaping and moulding Clark into the man he would one day become.

There would be a superfeat... but it would be seen from a news camera's point of view. The reason I opt for this, rather than a full on 'here is clark, and he is now superman' shot, is because I think it fits better, 1 in honoring those people who have shaped clark into the man he is, as I already mentioned. But 2, it will help to explain why the disguise works. I mean really, who sees Superman up close and personal? There are a couple of characters, mainly Lois. But other than that, no one ever really gets close enough, for long enough to actually see Superman.

I think they should play on that. If superman were to really be in this world, and he appeared as he did in the comics, then actually seeing superman would be a rare event.

I just prefer the 'hear it over the television' idea, because that way, the show and movies don't step on each others toes. Hell, it's be even cooler... if Lois was reporting after her Helocopter had a bad take off, and while dangling off the side of the building she was saved by superman.

But I must say, that I want the event to be viewed from Smallville. I want to see the reaction of our characters, rather than a crowd of random onlookers in metropolis. Most especially Martha Kent and Lana. And it would just be random if everybody just happened to be in metropolis on the same day that clark comes out of the closet

I'm sure a good writer could weave the two concepts together, so that there is no full on shot of TW in the suit (I'm against it, sorry), but a true superfeat from a humans point of view (ie. things would happen so fast, that we'd barely even see it happen).

I personally, think this would be the best way to end the series. The idea is a tease... and it fits with the whole concept of the show, that it is in its entirety, a tease.

Heck, what if it's something like the scenes in STM, after the helicopter rescue, where we see glimpses of what happened on television screens that people are congregating around (and Martha hears it back in Smallville like Superfreak says), and we see Clark amongst a group of people, he smiles and exits frame. I dunno...so many possibilities, so many of them good. Though I think you're right, too, MJZ...it'd be great if they really went all out for the finale. I'm personally hoping for an extended-length episode.

I'm sure a good writer could weave the two concepts together, so that there is no full on shot of TW in the suit (I'm against it, sorry), but a true superfeat from a humans point of view (ie. things would happen so fast, that we'd barely even see it happen).

I personally, think this would be the best way to end the series. The idea is a tease... and it fits with the whole concept of the show, that it is in its entirety, a tease.

They did that in Spider-man 1, before you see him in the suit properly, & it was great, it could work very well for smallville, but have it happen a few years after sv finishes, as in 4 or 5 years later (in the show of course, not actually in 4 - 5 years time lol) as Lois & Lex & whoever else shudn't be able to recognize clark as Supes, & a few years away from him would help...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"