Should Marvel Movies Get Rid Of The Second After Credits Scene?

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
I can picture someone reading this headline and just screaming NOOOO at there screen but here me out.

While I love the after credits scene that give us a little snippet or a taste of what's coming next the second one has felt shoed in or nowhere near as important especially in Marvel's three lasts movies.

So is it really necessary?

Here are the latest examples, don't worry I've spoiler tagged everything so you can avoid which ones you haven't seen yet.

Black Panther

After Credits Scene 1

The first one lets the viewer know that Wakanda is now stepping out of the shadows and that their technology and innovations will probably now feature in the rest of the world.

After Credits Scene 2

The second is just Bucky walking out of a tent. Plus we already knew he was in Wakanda at the end of Civil War.

Thor Ragnarok

After Credits Scene 1

The first show's what's left of Asgard in their exodus style ship coming face to face with Thanos Sanctuary ship. This could easily be how he first appears in Infinity War so it felt pretty cool

After Credits Scene 2

The second is just the Grandmaster who although fun had little importance in terms of the conclusion of the story.

Spider-Man Homecoming

After Credits Scene 1

It showed Toombs has at the very least some sort of code and honour and although I doubt he's letting Peter off he won't out him as Spider-Man. While also teasing the Sinister Six.

After Credits Scene 2

It was just literally a big FU from Marvel to be like look what I made you wait for lol.

So what do you think cut or keep with the second post credits scene?

If you don't want to see them, just leave?

They are harmless fun fluff for the fans. I enjoy them. No need to get rid of them.

Exactly. That goes for Mangold too.

Exactly. That goes for Mangold too.

Haha, yeah. I'm really surprised at the recent comments from Mangold. I mean, he literally hates the PG-13 rating and post-credits scenes now ... I mean, wasn't that basically The Wolverine? Wasn't the scene directed by him? Or was that actually Singer? I can't remember.

Haha, yeah. I'm really surprised at the recent comments from Mangold. I mean, he literally hates the PG-13 rating and post-credits scenes now ... I mean, wasn't that basically The Wolverine? Wasn't the scene directed by him? Or was that actually Singer? I can't remember.
Singer directed that scene, I believe.

Yeah, he basically called himself a cheat (sellout), so I took that vitriol as him railing against himself poor guy. What I found really funny was the ineloquent way he expressed himself to a room full of writers.

Everyone in the room knew that was just default lazy writing.

Add another vote to keep them.. Sure some have just been 'meh', but others were good.

Keep them. But make all of them good/worthwhile.

That second Spider-man homecoming ac scene was literally the best scene in that movie. And Homecoming is one of my favorite marvel movies ever. Keep them going forever!

If you don't want to see them, just leave?

And, thread.

Seriously, why would anyone advocate for getting rid of something that other people enjoy when they simply have the option of getting up and leaving or just stopping the Blu-ray/DVD/whatever? :funny:

That second Spider-man homecoming ac scene was literally the best scene in that movie. And Homecoming is one of my favorite marvel movies ever. Keep them going forever!

When i saw it in the theater, i was surprised how many people, who stayed to see it, actually GOT THE joke..

There's really nothing wrong with them. They're something a little extra for Marvel fans to enjoy before the next film comes out.

I like them. The only one I found to be a bit of a waste was the scene with Bucky in the second Captain America movie. Many of the second scenes are comedy scenes, which I appreciate. None of the scenes are absolutely essential, so you can always leave if you don't want to wait for them.

Marvel doesn’t really need them to advertise the next movie anymore. They do them more for fun now which I appreciate.

I only get annoyed when it is something that I think would be better in the film itself, but that rarely happens. Homecoming had one though with Vulture, which I felt was the proper ending to his character arc.

Keep them. But make all of them good/worthwhile.

Agreed.
From now on I ask if they actually mean something or if they're just a joke. I can wait for it to pop up on YouTube if it's just something jokey. But if they're setting up the future than I want to see that ASAP

The stinger always worked better as a cliffhanger instead of being used for a throwaway scene.

I prefer it when one scene teases the sequel while the second scene tease the next Marvel film or a Marvel film that the character will appear in. Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Civil War are all great examples of that idea. Though I wish they'd have the sequel scene as the mid credits and the next mcu as the post, but usually the next mcu one is more interesting since it's usually from actual footage of the film. I don't mind the joke ones Howard the Duck was historical and Cap in Homecoming was a great inside jab. I also loved how Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was able to have 5 scenes and did that by making the credits themselves entertaining.

I don't care how many post credit scenes there are. I don't mind waiting through the credits if I enjoy the movie (which for me and the MCU at this point is almost a guarantee) I will want more whether it's a tease, an extra scene, or a joke I'm game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"