Should Marvel Movies Get Rid Of The Second After Credits Scene?

Damn near half the people in the theatre stick around for these after credit scenes now. In fact their is disappointment when one is not shown. I remember people booed when Man of Steel credits finished with nothing.

The SMH one was the best ever.

I say keep them. They actually get people to stick around through the credits.

I like ones like GotG2 that had 5 of them.

None of the scenes are absolutely essential, so you can always leave if you don't want to wait for them.

Only one after credits scene is absolutely essential, and that's because they make reference to it in Iron Man 2 and it's the first appearance of Nick Fury.

[YT]2oKUsna2yvA[/YT]

Anyway, I still love the after credit scenes and I don't want them to go anywhere as they've become such a staple of the MCU at this point, but for me there is a little bit of disappointment when it's literally just a scene pulled from the next movie. The Mjolnir tease at the end of Iron Man 2 was cool back in 2010, but seeing as how it's just a scene from Thor, it's kind of pointless now. See also: the end credits scenes of Captain America: The First Avenger, the scene from Civil War at the end of Ant-Man, the scene from Thor: Ragnarok at the end of Doctor Strange. And for all we know, the (Ragnarok and Black Panther spoilers) [BLACKOUT]Thanos ship scene in Ragnarok and the Bucky scene in Black Panther[/BLACKOUT] could both be scenes from Infinity War. I'm not mad about it, but they just seem a bit pointless after the fact.

It's not essential because you can find out about it in Iron Man 2.

It's not essential because you can find out about it in Iron Man 2.

There's still the question of "Who's this guy and how do they know each other?" to anyone watching IM2 who hasn't seen the post-credits scene in the first movie. The first appearance of Nick Fury is a key scene in the MCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"