Comics Should Marvel push the 'REBOOT' button?

Compi716

The SHH! Jew
Reaction score
DC did it in 1986. Superman: Man of Steel and Batman: Year One became the deffinitive origin tales. They also ERASED years of absolute crap (Zebra Batman? WTF?!)

Should Marvel do the unthinkable: Reboot Spider-Man and/or the entire Marvel Universe (perhaps Civil War will end up being very CRISIS-esque).

Personally, I see it as a possibility. I thought that Marvel would NEVER have Spider-Man reveal his identity to the public. And look how that turned out.

Opinions?

No way. DC's early book were lame, but Marvel's silver age comics are some of the best comics ever. They can't erase that. And personally, I think the reboot is a lame way out.

EDIT: This thread screams "POLL!" :p

DC early books were anything but lame. Hell Civil War is a Pre-Crisis DC story to be honest done with Superman and the JSA after WWII.

Marvel has Ultimate. If you want a reboot, then read those.

For the rest of us, stick with the continuing 616 universe. I think the unmasking is a good thing that'll bring up a lot of new stories for Spidey.

i agree with ozzy, the reboot line is the ultimate line...

No way. Marvel has an Ultimate Universe for that. If they want to fix the 616 universe, then they are going to have to do it IN CONTINUITY....something they have a hard time doing, I know.

I don't want this to be easy for them. They have to do this the hard way, now.

OzzyKP said:
Marvel has Ultimate. If you want a reboot, then read those.

For the rest of us, stick with the continuing 616 universe. I think the unmasking is a good thing that'll bring up a lot of new stories for Spidey.
Right..............I remember they tried the same thing with Superman and I remember how well that worked out. And guess who was behind that idea?????
Joey Q:eek::eek:

They did do a re-boot.
Twice, in fact.
Once in '99 / '00.
and again, the same year with Ultimate Spider-Man.

The only button Marvel need to press, is the 'EJECT' button under Joe Q's seat. :mad:

I just added a poll.

I'm still not sure what I'm leaning towards. I love the Silver Age work to death, but some of the recent stories have just been downright stupid.

Now what you could do is take away the 616 and leave just Ultimate and then when people ask what happened they act like they don't know what they're talking about.

At this rate, they might as well just hit the self destruction button.

The reason DC needed a boot was to fix all those stories about Batman wearing a kilt, fighting crime with a gorilla, riding through Gotham on an octopus. And of course the bajillion stories about Superman being married to Lois Lane, than dating Lana Lang, Than being married to Lori, than raising a "Superbaby" with Lois, than, etc.

All Marvel needs right now is some duct tape, a large trunk, and the east river

I wouldn't be against the idea but I don't really think it's needed. I don't really considered Ultimate a reboot since it isn't the same characters or world setup. It's really different. If it was an exact mirror just with younger characters then I can see how it could be considered a reboot but it's just a huge "what if" setup in the end I feel. I still enjoy it but that's how I see it.

Well if you reboot and keep everything the same as the original timeline, then why reboot? It'd be like reruns. Redoing all the same stories over again.

I'd imagine the only reason to do a reboot would be to start fresh with the characters and be free to take them in a different direction - like Ultimate.

If marvel would reboot, that would be the worst move ever! Every time a story gets bad fan response isn't an excuse for wiping the board clean! Heck, if that was the case, there would be so many reboots that the comic industry would fall apart. Give Civil War time.

And as always...

spi1gt.jpg

right now Marvel needs to refocus their books

compi716 said:
DC did it in 1986. Superman: Man of Steel and Batman: Year One became the deffinitive origin tales. They also ERASED years of absolute crap (Zebra Batman? WTF?!)

Should Marvel do the unthinkable: Reboot Spider-Man and/or the entire Marvel Universe (perhaps Civil War will end up being very CRISIS-esque).

Personally, I see it as a possibility. I thought that Marvel would NEVER have Spider-Man reveal his identity to the public. And look how that turned out.

Opinions?

Spider-Man Jumped the Shark about 4 times in the last 4 years. Now this just takes the cake. Re-boot or not, I'm not interested anymore.

Marvel already rebooted. Problem is, Ultimate sucks.

Too bad I like the Ultimate Universe. For the most part.

That's good. I used to, but now.....I don't anymore :(

The sad thing is, Ultimate Spider-Man has been far, far, far better than 616 Spidey for a long time now...& that's just not right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"