First Avenger Should other WWII villains show up?

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
Should other WWII villains like Baron Heinrich Zemo, Arnim Zola and Master Man, show up in this film?

Baron Zemo would be a pretty cool addition. He needs a villain he can kill at the end. I'd like Red Skull to survive to the present though. He'd make a nice villain for the Avengers movie.

None of the villains really got killed in Hulk though, and I still felt it was a solid, effective movie. Although you're right. If you kill someone off, hopefully it isn't Red Skull.

I wouldn't mind Baron Zemo as a high ranking 'lieutenant', scientist and weapons outfitter. Show his importance is the Nazi effort and have Cap looking to target/counter him in his tactical efforts. Perhaps the Skull is a shadowy figure, unbeknown to the Americans at the film's outset.

However, I worry about overcrowding and/or throwaway characters, so I'm not crazy about tossing in too many antagonists beyond Heinrich.

I think it'd be cool to have some of the others in there but I wouldn't really be disappointed if they weren't.

Zemo should be name dropped but not seen until a sequel.
Something like a young German runner telling the Red skull "Zemo has fallen, Commander. They have him" at the start of the movie.
Then Skull says something like "Fury".

I am all for saving some guys for the sequels that should be set in WWII.

Zemo should at least be mentioned, so when we see him in the Avengers prologue with Cap and the rocket we know who he is.

Zemo should be the main villian of the movie, with the Red Skull being th MAJOR villian. The Skull is the puppet master directing Zemo's operations - this would link in nicely with the freezing of Cap at the end of the movie after foiling the rocket launched from Zemo's base. The Skull can be further explored in later films, removing the need for him to die at the end of the first movie.

Its a pet peeve in Marvel films - don't kill off the major bad guys!!!

Marvel would be crazy to freeze Cap at the end of this movie. That would be a major mistake! Save that stuff for the prologue of THE AVENGERS.

Marvel will do exactly that - They need to bring Cap into modern times, while it would be interesting to see a WW2 series of films - its not going to happen.

I'd be happy with one ww2 film and then a link into the Avengers by freezing Cap at the end of the film.

Film 2 and 3 would then be set in modern era.

The prologue for Avengers will be Stark or similar finding the frozen Cap - they won't spend time setting up how he got frozen as a major sequence in the movie - it takes the focus off the 'team' aspect of the Avengers

I fail to see how a 5 to 10 minute prologue with Cap at the end of WWII being frozen would take away from an Avengers movie at all, but rather it seems it would get the movie off to an action packed start.

And while you may well be right, I hope Marvel is not so short sighted that they screw up the first film by putting him on ice at the end. [Of course, when IRON MAN was in production, the Cap movie was going to have him in WWII, frozen, and thawed out in modern times - but they have dropped that lame idea.]

Keeping him alive and kicking at the end of the first movie puts Marvel in the unique position of having the option of two possible series of films with the same character - one set in the past, and one in the present. Why limit your self when it is not necessary?

Since it seems that the red skull and baron zemo are caps only two major ww2 villains maybe they can just have them both in the movie and then find a way to have both villains get caught in suspended animation.

Baron Zemo should appear but not be killed off, since we could have tht great story with masters of evil. I also think we should have an assassin with a similar look to a previous america foe. No name should be given, just a little surprise for the fans. Batroc perhaps?

Baron Zemo should appear but not be killed off, since we could have tht great story with masters of evil. I also think we should have an assassin with a similar look to a previous america foe. No name should be given, just a little surprise for the fans. Batroc perhaps?

as the gentleman suggested would put it"MAS OUI"

Batroc wasn't in WWII and even if he was, he wouldn't fight for the Nazis.

A cameo by mien fuhrer and other prominent Nazi's. Josef Mengele as "Dr. feel good" is crucial.

The movie should start as a period piece with Skull for sure... I would rather see Zemo in a supporting role (perhaps a Strucker cameo also), so that he can be killed off, leading to his grand son emerging for a later film (I know that Helmut was his son, but some 65 years have passed since V-E Day, so grand son will work better for the movie-verse).

Then, I would like the movie move to modern times, with an encounter with HYDRA where Cap runs into Strucker (being given longevity by the Death Spore that he is infected with). So, Strucker can be killed off if desired (or captured), to close CA... and that still leaves Skull to be a major baddie in Avengers or CA2.

This all depends I think they should either have Zemo as the villain with RS pulling the strings. or use RS as the main baddy and have a cameo with Arnim Zola already in his tv head suit thing with Cap breaking the screen with his shield.

I know this may sound sacrilegious, but I prefer they stay away from the WWII angle and adapt Caps original to more of a modern feel... in turn, the same with his WWII villains.

Look WWII started 70 years ago... it's time to re-invent his oringin to modern time. It's basically 2010 for christ sake. Many of you have Great Grandparents who read stories of Cap in the 60's. Come on. Tweak him, the situation, his villains, and his villains motivation to a more modern story and we will be just fine. The technology of enhanced super-soldier is more believable now days and the audience will better relate.

I know this may sound sacrilegious, but I prefer they stay away from the WWII angle and adapt Caps original to more of a modern feel... in turn, the same with his WWII villains.

Look WWII started 70 years ago... it's time to re-invent his oringin to modern time. It's basically 2010 for christ sake. Many of you have Great Grandparents who read stories of Cap in the 60's. Come on. Tweak him, the situation, his villains, and his villains motivation to a more modern story and we will be just fine. The technology of enhanced super-soldier is more believable now days and the audience will better relate.

the tv movie tweaked the origin but the series never materialized

I see nothing really gained by moving the origin up to alater period... WWII is still the most read about topic in the world.

When would his origin by set??? Nam??? End of the cold war???

What place would a walking uncle sam have in those settings???

yea like above posters said cap works best to start off in ww2 where it was all about being patriotic and all that. And since he is put into suspended animation moving cap and or any ww2 villains works out pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"