First Avenger should Red Skull be the only villain?

Another character I'd love to see as sort of the Skull's sniveling right-hand guy is Arnim Zola. I'd imagine treating him similarly to Kroenen in Hellboy, with him being kind of an older-era cyborg, with all this "steampunk/Frankenstein meets Kirby" attachments to his body. But where Kroenen's look is sleek and sharp Zola's would be a bit misshapen and bulky. This is a redesign(not my own...forget where I found it, but all credit to the original artist) of the Trap-Jaw character from He-Man that has a similar look to what I'm thinking...

TRAPJAWbigsubmision.jpg

one specific detail I'd see is Zola's head would be down much closer to his shoulders, he would have no neck, but with a neck brace-like piece covering his shoulders and around his face. As if his head had been severed or something and hastily reattached but down into the shoulder/upper chest area because of the damage to his neck. This would be similar to the full on "tummy-face" he looks like in the comics and give him a bit of a hunchback look, that kinda plays into his role as the Igor to Skull's Dracula.....the Desaad to Skull's Darkseid if you will. I'm gonna do a few sketches and maybe even a manip if I can find the right photo references.

Again, if they are doing Cap and Bucky on the rocket, then they HAVE to have Zemo. Surely some of you are not suggesting they CHANGE something that was in the comic!

Why would this be the only film set in WWII? I would hope Marvel is not stupid enough to shut the door for possible sequels set in the past. I assume Cap's origin takes place in '41/'42 and the freezing [if they MUST include that here, and not at the beginning of the Avengers where it belongs] takes place in '45 so that leaves LOTS of room for WWII sequels!

Again, if they are doing Cap and Bucky on the rocket, then they HAVE to have Zemo. Surely some of you are not suggesting they CHANGE something that was in the comic!

Heaven forbid they CHANGE something from the comics! That has NEVER happened in a comic book movie! :wow:

Why would this be the only film set in WWII? I would hope Marvel is not stupid enough to shut the door for possible sequels set in the past. I assume Cap's origin takes place in '41/'42 and the freezing [if they MUST include that here, and not at the beginning of the Avengers where it belongs] takes place in '45 so that leaves LOTS of room for WWII sequels!
Marvel already said present scenes are bookends for this film so this will be most likely the only WW2 film. And I think we should be glad we're getting that because I remember for the longest time we kept hearing news about a Cap film with half the film in WW2 and the other half in modern times. I'm thankful for what I'm getting.

Even with the modern book ends, we can still have a sequel set in WWII.

I am happy to hear that Marvel is not repeating the mistake Cannon Films made with their God Awful CAP movie in the early '90's!

would be an interesting character to do. But dont know if they would want to use that guy in ww2 time. And yea this film is going to be from what we know only ww2 time for cap. I do think since we know film will be starting up around 42 will probably go through most of the ww2 time. With cap getting frozen/die just prior to the allies winning the war. Then since the film will be ending with a modern ending will be probably cape found/awaken in the present. which will lead right into avengers. With avengers then probably picking up just a short time after cap's revival.

As far as Zemo goes, if included, I like this costume...
430469-zemo_large.jpg

It's actually his son...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"