Should R rated Movies have an Option?

buts its a smart idea if you ask me, if some 13 year old kid wanted to see Rambo or Watchmen they couldnt, but if that same theater holds a PG-13 version along with a R version, it will be great for the box office
and Nivek if you want that R rating go ahead, all im saying that there should be two versions of a movie so all can see it and do well in the B.O.

I've thought of the same idea years ago, too. I dunno about it...it be interesting.

[A];16988886 said:
Like the directors have any say in the matter.

Only Lucas and Spielberg and I think that guy who did LOTR would have a say.

No, but if Fox are going to *****fy a character like McClane or Max Payne, I'd rather they show the unrated version at night time showings so I don't have to suffer through the kids versions.

Wouldn't it makes more sense to merely updated the US ratings system? Times have changed, kids and teens aren't the same as they were 20 years ago. In Australia we updated the ratings system about 10 years ago because we had situations where films that had only marginally higher level themes were being given ridiculously strong ratings, to combat this they added a new rating classification that sat in between and making it accessible to persons under 15 as long as there is supervision from an adult/guardian. A film like Watchmen for instance was given this rating.

Yeah, and our version of PG-13 isn't a death sentence to action movies. You can have flicks like Die Hard, Predator and Terminator 2 as M15+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"