The Dark Knight Rises Should Scarecrow Return In TDKR???

returntovoid

Sidekick
Reaction score
Should Dr. Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow return in third film with a bigger role than in Batman Begins and the disappointing cameo in The Dark Knight???

If it's bigger than TDK and smaller than BB, then yes. Otherwise, I'd probably say no. I don't think he could carry a movie as the lead villain, but he's good enough, and well acted enough to come back again I'd say.

I actually thought his cameo in TDK was good. But I wouldn't want a repeat of that next time around.

I'd love to see him and The Riddler having shouting matches in Arkham Asyum.

I definitly think it would be cool if he returned, but I highly doubt he will for some reason.

I think Dr. Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow should create a stronger version of the fear gas, team up with Edward Nygma/The Riddler and be a bigger threat by possibly driving Bruce Wayne/Batman insane with the stronger fear gas in the third Batman film.

YES bring him back. Cillian Murphy is badass.

I really do doubt that Nolan will bring him back, hes done and overwith with Scarecrow.

As I mentioned in another topic, I would very much like to see the Scarecrow come back. At least with a bigger role, but also, why not, as the main villain.

He's been present in the past two films, being a secondary villain in Begins and having a somewhat anecdotic presence in TDK. I think this gives him an edge: A developed backstory. No need to develop him anymore, he could just be there in the third opus. Have him break out of Arkham at the beginning of the movie, and Here. We. Go.

But I think a lot of people, and I would agree with them on that, think that Nolan's Scarecrow is but a shadow of his real self in the comic books. That's why I think that he should not only return, but also become the Scarecrow we all know about. In full costume, even more psychotic than before (His stay in Arkham between TDK and the third movie could be an explanation to that). He also needs to have a slightly bigger influence.

Plus, as I said before, the Scarecrow is, to me, the exact opposite of Batman. Batman uses fear against criminals for the benefit of innocents, Scarecrow does exactly the opposite: He uses fear against innocents for criminal benefits. I think there could be some interesting themes in this relation, and I think the Nolans would make a good job of making it all very interesting.

I really do doubt that Nolan will bring him back, hes done and overwith with Scarecrow.

Scarecrow's fate in TDK was not left ambiguous and it was very clear that he gets locked up Arkham....So Nolan might bring Scarecrow back.

As I mentioned in another topic, I would very much like to see the Scarecrow come back. At least with a bigger role, but also, why not, as the main villain.

He's been present in the past two films, being a secondary villain in Begins and having a somewhat anecdotic presence in TDK. I think this gives him an edge: A developed backstory. No need to develop him anymore, he could just be there in the third opus. Have him break out of Arkham at the beginning of the movie, and Here. We. Go.

But I think a lot of people, and I would agree with them on that, think that Nolan's Scarecrow is but a shadow of his real self in the comic books. That's why I think that he should not only return, but also become the Scarecrow we all know about. In full costume, even more psychotic than before (His stay in Arkham between TDK and the third movie could be an explanation to that). He also needs to have a slightly bigger influence.

Plus, as I said before, the Scarecrow is, to me, the exact opposite of Batman. Batman uses fear against criminals for the benefit of innocents, Scarecrow does exactly the opposite: He uses fear against innocents for criminal benefits. I think there could be some interesting themes in this relation, and I think the Nolans would make a good job of making it all very interesting.

I totally agree.

Scarecrow's fate in TDK was not left ambiguous and it was very clear that he gets locked up Arkham....So Nolan might bring Scarecrow back.

Regardless of what any of you say, I would like to see it happen yes, but is it going to NO.

I would also like to see it happen...But I would prefer some other villains...

Plus Murphy was only signed for two films anyways.

...Then get a new actor...:hehe:

that would be complete bs and I wouldnt agree with that at all, Murphy is what made that role (obviously mostly in BB), Im sick of all this bs about re-casting, I was glad when they replaced Katie with Maggie, but no more re-casting, it takes away from the characters quite a bit in my opinion.

^Yeah don't recast for any of the parts. Murphy made the role for me too. If there's no Murphy, then I don't wanna see Scarecrow return. But I would like Nolan to bring back Murphy/Scarecrow somehow..

If Murphy signed on for the second film, then he must be enthusiastic to play Scarecrow again.

I don't really want any recast either, although they could just take another actor and leave the character in full costume the whole time. I kind of like Murphy's interpretation so far. I think he could take the character to some very interesting places.

But the fact that Murphy was signed on for two movies is no real argument. I mean, apparently Nolan didn't even know whether he was gonna come back for TDK at the end of Begins, so that info might just be complete BS. And even if it's true and he was indeed signed on for two films only, it doesn't mean they can't sign him on for the third one.

No. He's been done plenty, he's not that great of a villain and there are tons of other great Batman villains to use.

Having Scarecrow as the main villain of the third movie is the most ******ed idea I've heard in awhile. The biggest problem with the third movie is finding a way to top the Joker -- so the proposal is to use a guy who was a pawn of Ra's in BB and captured with ease in TDK while Joker pushed Batman to his limits? There is NO WAY he could possibly be portrayed as anything but minor league in BB3, because that's what he is in the first two films -- minor league.

that would be complete bs and I wouldnt agree with that at all, Murphy is what made that role (obviously mostly in BB), Im sick of all this bs about re-casting, I was glad when they replaced Katie with Maggie, but no more re-casting, it takes away from the characters quite a bit in my opinion.

^Yeah don't recast for any of the parts. Murphy made the role for me too. If there's no Murphy, then I don't wanna see Scarecrow return. But I would like Nolan to bring back Murphy/Scarecrow somehow..

I don't really want any recast either, although they could just take another actor and leave the character in full costume the whole time. I kind of like Murphy's interpretation so far. I think he could take the character to some very interesting places.

But the fact that Murphy was signed on for two movies is no real argument. I mean, apparently Nolan didn't even know whether he was gonna come back for TDK at the end of Begins, so that info might just be complete BS. And even if it's true and he was indeed signed on for two films only, it doesn't mean they can't sign him on for the third one.

I essentially agree with all of you guys...When I said "Then get a new actor"...I was joking and it was a sarcastic comment...

DieSmiling said:
he's not that great of a villain

That my friend, is nothing more than your opinion. Scarecrow has always been one of my favourite villains. The two other villains I like best are the Joker and Two-Face, and they've also been done already.

Having Scarecrow as the main villain of the third movie is the most ******ed idea I've heard in awhile.

... Whatever.

The biggest problem with the third movie is finding a way to top the Joker -- so the proposal is to use a guy who was a pawn of Ra's in BB and captured with ease in TDK while Joker pushed Batman to his limits? There is NO WAY he could possibly be portrayed as anything but minor league in BB3, because that's what he is in the first two films -- minor league.

Well you know what I think is ******ed? To think that a character should always remain the same. They're made to evolve, not to always come back with the same old gimmicks and end up in Arkham.

I think it'd actually be very interesting to have the three Nolan movies portraying how this guy starting as a corrupt psychiatrist then evolved into a "pawn" into a plot involving no less than the destruction of an entire city by the use of drugs he created. Then see how from this he actually became an influent drug dealer in Gotham with a gang working for him. Then see how he became... the completely psychotic maniac we know from the comics.

I mean, sure you can say "I don't want to see him again", fair enough. But saying that I or anybody else is ******ed because they think the Scarecrow could be back as the great villain he should be in the next movie makes no one appear as a ****** but you.

I still think Scarecrow would be a great choice.

No I don't think she should return. BUT, maybe having just a Johnathan Crane cameo could be interesting. Maybe like if Batman needed some info and Crane had it, so he went to go visit him in Arkham or something like that. Other than that, no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"