The Dark Knight How I would start TDK.

Tobiaswins

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm a little bored today so I thought I'd write a beginning for TDK and see if it's any good. Here goes.

(We begin the story in a courthouse where newly appointed District Attorney Harvey Dent is questioning the subject, Dr. Crane aka “Scarecrow”.)

Harvey Dent:
“Your honor, what we have is evidence that proves Dr. Crane who now chooses to call himself Scarecrow was indeed not only involved in the gassing of the narrows, but was himself responsible for creating the fear toxin that that was injected into our water supplies in an attempt to throw our city into such a state of panic that the damage caused would be irreversible.”

Judge:
“Dr. Crane?”

Dr. Crane:
(no response)

Judge: (now slightly irritated)
“Dr. Crane...!”

(The bailiff whispers something into the Judges ear)

Judge:
“Okay, Scarecrow.”

Scarecrow:
“Present!”
(Laughter is heard throughout the court)

Judge:
“Order!” (laughter subsides)
“All right, Mr. Scarecrow, after hearing all the evidence presented against you I have to wonder why a doctor with your good reputation and excellent education would take part in something of this nature.”

Scarecrow:
(Silence)

Judge:
“Mr. Scarecrow..?)

Scarecrow:
“Well, I’ll admit sir, that some things didn’t go as planned and we ran into a few problems along the way, but I never intended for the destruction of Gotham”.

Judge:
“Well then what....

Scarecrow:
(Interrupting)
“Fear was my objective, Fear absolute, Fear in it’s purest form your honor is a most fascinating tool, the greatest ally, the perfect weapon, and if used properly there is nothing that cannot be achieved through it.”

Harvey Dent:
“Your honor if I may, Dr. Crane has himself become delusional after being subjected to his own Fear Toxin. I might add that the antidote provided was not administered in time and as a result Dr. Crane has only partially recovered from his condition. It is because of this that I cannot ask that Dr. Crane be sentenced to prison, but instead I ask that he be placed in the very same Asylum that he himself once saw over.”

Judge:
“Mr. Cra...Scarecrow, I have to ask, who was it who finally captured you?”

Scarecrow:
“The Batman”.

(Again Laughter throughout the Court)

Judge:
“Order! I said Order!”
Mr. Scarecrow as you may or may not know there is no Batman, this is no doubtedly a result of your condition, therefor it is my judgment that you be transferred to Arkum to begin you rehabilitation until your full recovery, then you will be sentenced to Prison, Case Dismissed!”

(After the crowd disperses Bruce Wayne who was watching approaches Harvey Dent).

Bruce:
“Well done Sir.”

Harvey Dent:
“Bruce!”
(They Shake Hands)

Bruce:
“Welcome Back my Friend, how was Metropolis?”

Harvey Dent:
“Well being temporarily transferred to Metropolis was a nice change, but I was beginning to miss that wonderful Gotham City Smell, besides the place is boring as hell, too peaceful ya know?”

Bruce:
“Well, there’s a reason for that.”

Harvey Dent:
“Ya, I know, but...(beeper goes off)”
“Crap! Hey, I’ve gata run, listen maybe we can get together for Coffee sometime alright?”

Bruce:
“Sounds Good.”

Harvey Dent:
“Hey, stay safe out there, there’s been more reports of that Bat guy running around at night.”

(Bruce watches Harvey Leave)

Bruce: (to himself)
“Well, there’s a reason for that too.”

(Well, there you have it, my beginning, I'd like to write more later, but I have to go now, tell me what y'all think."

I thought that was pretty good. I liked the line "well, there's a reason for that too".

Nice one.

So your going for the 'urban-legend' idea of the Batman? Interesting.

why would Bruce call Dent sir?

The way I piture it, he says it in a friendship way, after Harvey performed well in court, it was Bruces way of saying good job in a friendly professional way.

Alright here's more.

(Story Continues outside the courthouse where Bruce is walking toward his car reading the newspaper, the article is about the ongoing mob war in the city, he see’s the face of one of the more famous mobsters on the front page, then all of the sudden there is a lot of commotion behind him and out of the doors of the courthouse come a man flanked by his attorneys and a lot of reporters shouting questions at the man. Bruce takes one look at the
man and notices that it is the same guy from the front page of his newspaper. Finally the guy stops to answer some questions.)

Reporter #1.:
“Excuse me Mr. Maroni, what can you tell us about the continuing gang war that has plagued Gotham since the arrest of Falcone.”

Maroni:
"Well let me just say..."(looks toward his driver and tells him to start the car).."let me just say that we are not gangsters, criminals or crooks. While it may be true that Falcone gave our organization a bad rap, who do you think is helping with the rebuilding of the monorail? Or helping with the rebuilding of the narrows, frankly I think a little respect is due.”

Reporter #2:
"Excuse me Mr. Maroni, but you just sidestepped the entire question, is there or is there not an ongoing war between your so called organization and rival factions?"

Maroni:
"Listen here you..."(his driver starts the car and immediately there is a huge fiery explosion hurling Maroni 10 feet forward and injuring almost all the reporters, the few people near the car die instantly, after a few moments of screaming from people near the scene, sirens are soon heard.)

(Bruce who saw the whole thing looks on as if stunned, as police and firefighters soon arrive at the scene, he turns around to see Harvey Dent looking on as well, the two make eye contact, but only Bruce appears somewhat calm.)

Scene Cut, it is now night time and now we see Lieutenant Gordon waiting on top of the police station with the Bat signal on waiting for Batman to appear.

(Gordon paces nervously back and fourth, when all of the sudden there is a voice behind him.)

Batman:
“nice night”

Gordon:
“Ya know there are better ways to give an old man a heart attack.”

Batman:
“How’s Maroni holding up?”

Gordon:
“He’ll live, but there’s no way of knowing who planted the explosives.”

Batman:
“Or where they came from.”

Gordon:
“That’s right, since this gang war started we’ve done everything we could to make sure no weapons get into the city, we’ve got a tighter blockade then we’ve ever had and yet still new shipments of guns, bullets, bombs, all kinds of weapons are getting in, and we don’t know how or where they are coming from.”

Batman:
“I do”

Gordon:
(looks at Batman surprised) “You do?”

(Batman hands Gordon two photo’s, one of a shipment of crates that say Fresh Fruit on them, and another of a man who is slightly overweight, dressed somewhat nice and smoking a cigar.)

Batman:
“He’s only in the city once every two months to oversee the delivery, and from what I’ve discovered his actual name is Cobblepot, but for unknown reasons goes by the codename Penguin.”

Gordon:
“Cobblepot, as in Oswald Cobblepot? No, he died years ago in England.”

Batman:
“Wrong”, (he hands Gordon another photo of Oswald flanked by some body guards”

Batman:
“This photo was taken two years ago, Cobblepot faked his own death.”

Gordon:
(Stunned) “How did you?...”

Batman:
“A good Detective never gives his secrets away.”

Gordon:
“Well, I’ve got something for you as well” (Hands Batman a audio casette).
“We got another call from our friend.”

Batman:
“Joker?”

Gordon:
“There’s no way of telling if it’s authentic or not, but so far this lunatic has told us exactly what he’s going to do prior to doing it, and he’s always one step ahead of us.”

Batman:
“and what is it this time?”

Gordon:
“A bank, and we don’t know which one, he gives us clues but your going to have to listen to the tape, I know that if we don’t decipher which bank it is then it could possibly be a massacre, or it could be nothing, we can never tell with this guy, his sick jokes make sense to him and him alone.”

Batman:
(hears sirens in the distance)
”Time to go Lieutenant.”
(Batman walks toward the edge of the roof.)

Gordon:
“Is there anything I can do?”

Batman:
(Turns around),
“Contact District Attorney Harvey Dent, he may be able to help us.”

(Gordon Looks foward then looks back toward Batman again only to find he’s gone.)
Gordon:
(To himself) “I’ll look into it.”

(That's it for now, hope y'all like it)

For a fan script it is fantastic. I love the nice little allusion to the Man O' Steel there - very well done.

Thanks I'm glad you guys liked it. I'll try to write more tomorrow.

peace.

This was quite good indeed.

I don't know if this would fit into the movie well, but they could start it off with Batman going after Scarecrow, who they apparently didn't catch yet. He catches up to Scarecrow, who sprays the gas in his face. However, Batman totally kicks his ass. I think it would be cool to start the beginning off with a bang, and kind of re-cap how the first movie was all about Bruce overcoming his fear. Some dialogue about that would be necessary, I believe, but thats just my general idea. Though it would fit right in with this, except the trial will just come right after Batman brings in the Scarecrow.

good script but i just dont see how they can relate it to the way bb ended. but i love it regardless

:)Reading that just got me so excited for TDK...:(...too bad it's 2 years away...:(

--dk7

(Alright Here’s More)

(Cut Scene to an abandoned warehouse, where there seems to be a heated discussion between some gangsters)

Rupert Thorne:
“What do you mean he’s alive!”

Gangster #1:
“That’s what I said Mr. Thorne, he’s alive in the hospital.”

Gangster #2:
“Yeah, and there’s no way to get to him, the cops got that place into full lockdown.”

Rupert Thorne:
“How could this happen? Maroni was supposed to be dead, and then all my problems would be over! But no,.. why? Because I’m surrounded by incompetent fools who can’t properly plant explosives!”

Gangster #1:
“Hey, don’t blame us boss, the explosives were defective!”

(All of the sudden there is a gun shot and the bullet grazes the Gangsters shoulder)

Gangster #1:
(In shock) “What the!”

(A short stocky man who had been listening was holding an umbrella and smoke was coming out of the top of it, as if the umbrella itself had a hidden gun inside)

Unidentified Man:
(now pointing the umbrella at the gangster, begins to talk and he speaks in an English accent.)
“The next time you insult my integrity , I won’t miss.”

Rupert Throne:
“Please, Mr..uh..Penguin, Jimmie here means well, he just sometimes opens his mouth without thinking.”

Penguin:
“See that it doesn’t happen again, I am here on business, and I expect to be treated professionally.”

Rupert Thorne:
“Right Mr. Penguin, now about Maroni...”

Penguin:
(Looking exasperated)
“Oh, Do I have to explain everything to you! Alright look, I’ve given you enough plastic explosives to level a very large building, understand?”

Rupert Thorne:
(looking confused)
“Yes, but I don’t need to destroy a building, I need to kill Maroni.”

Penguin:
(Still exasperated)
“Alright, do try and understand me, I’ve left you with enough plastic explosives to destroy a large building say the size of a Hospital...”

Rupert Thorne:
“What? You can’t mean..Look, I’m not gana blow up any hospital, they got kids in there!”

Penguin:
“Alright, It was only a suggestion, what do I care, Maroni’s not my concern is he?”
“Well, I must be leaving.”

Rupert Thorne:
“What if I need to contact you?”

Penguin:
“You won’t, I will contact you in two days.”
(Goes outside to where a limo is waiting for him and leaves)

Gangster #2:
“Hey Boss, what’s with the whole penguin thing?”

Rupert Thorne:
“It means that whatever his real name is, he doesn’t want anybody to know it.”

(Cut Scene to Bruce in his batcave, it looks slightly different from last time, now there is a large very expensive looking computer and some other gadgets, Bruce is seen listening to something, when alfred enters through the elevator)

Alfred:
“Master Bruce?”

(Bruce makes a quick motion to be quiet, and Alfred ever curious walks over to see what Bruce is listening to, a voice can be heard coming from the speaker, but alfred only catches the end of it)

Recorded voice:
“the joker has spoken.”

Alfred:
“If I may..

(and again, Bruce makes a motion for Alfred to be quiet as he rewinds the tape, and plays it from the beginning)

Recorded Voice:
“Hello to all of Gothams finest, I have no doubt that your listening to this as well Commissioner Loeb. How long has it been gentlemen, over a year and you have still not even seen my face. That will chage however, you see I fully intend to show you my face publicly at the First Bank of Gotham. You will not know when, but I assure you it will be very soon. I’m also aware that you’ve been keeping my existence a secret from the public, trying to cover me up like a bad story. But all that will change very soon as I will make a public
spectacle of your incompetence in your inability to apprehend me, and soon everyone will know who I am, the Joker has Spoken.”

(Bruce Stops the tape and looks at Alfred)

Aflred:
“The Joker master Bruce?”

Bruce:
“That’s what he calls himself.”

Alfred:
“Well, he isn’t very funny.”

Bruce:
(Takes the tape out)
“No, he’s not, he’s actually killed over a dozen people and caused enough mayhem so that now the FBI and CIA have officially joined the hunt, but he continues to play games with them as well.”

Alfred:
“Have you been down here all day sir?”

Bruce:
“Yes, where have you been?”

Alfred:
“I went to the circus.”

Bruce:
“the circus..”

Alfred:
“Yes sir the circus, you know dancing bears, clowns, the fying graysons, you should really get out more sir.”

(Alfred walks away, and Bruce stops and thinks, looks around and grabs his coat)

(That's all for now, tell me what you think)

<THE MOVIE OPENS TO A DIMLY LIT STREET. IT'S SLIGHTLY RAINING, BUT THUNDER CAN BE HEARD COMING IN. A YOUNG WOMAN WALKS DOWN THE SIDEWALK. SHE SEEMS ANXIOUS TO GET OUT OFF THE STREET AND OUT OF THE RAIN. A STORM IS COMING. SHE HAS TROUBLE OPENING HER UMBRELLA. HER ATTENTION IS COMPLETELY FOCUSED ON IT. SHE PASSES AN ALLEYWAY. A HAND JERKS AND PULLS HER INTO THE DARKNESS. HER UMBRELLA DROPS. HER SCREAMS ARE MUFFLED BY A ROUGH HAND. SHE IS PULLED DEEPER AND DEEPER INTO THE ALLEY. A PIECE OF THICK CLOTH IS PUT INTO HER MOUTH AND TIED AROUND HER HEAD.>

MAN: "If you scream, I'll kill you."

<THE MAN HOLDS A KNIFE TO HER THROAT. THE WOMAN IS FRIGHTENED TO TEARS. SHE HYPERVENTILATES. THE MAN EAGERLY YANKS HER PURSE OFF OF HER SHOULDER. HE THEN SHOVES HIS FREE HAND INTO HER COAT POCKETS. NOTHING. HE FORCES HER TO THE GROUND, RIPPING OFF THE FEW PIECES OF JEWELRY SHE IS WEARING. HE LOOKS AT HER WITH A COLD SMILE.>

MAN: "You don't have enough. Guess I'll have to find a better use for you."

<THE MAN, WITH HIS KNIFE STILL AT HER THROAT, FORCES THE WOMAN ONTO HER STOMACH, AND BEGINS TEARING AWAY HER CLOTHES. SHE SCREAMS, BUT IT IS MOSTLY MUTED BY THE GAG. THE MAN PULLS HER HAIR.>

MAN: "I said stay quie-!"

<THE MAN IS CUT SHORT. HE IS SUDDENLY YANKED INTO THE AIR, AND DISAPPEARS IN BETWEEN THE BUILDINGS. THE WOMAN TURNS AROUND AND LOOKS UP, HORRIFIED YET CONFUSED. SUDDENLY, OUT OF THE DARKNESS, A SHRILL SCREAM IS HEARD FROM ABOVE. IT IS QUICKLY SILENCED. THE WOMAN, TREMBLING, SLOWLY PULLS THE GAG OFF OF HER HEAD. SHE TRIES TO STAND, BUT IS TOO STRICKEN WITH FEAR TO MOVE. SHE BLINKS AS SHE STARES TERRIFIED INTO THE SKY.

SUDDENLY, LIGHTNING FLASHES, AND THERE IT IS. THE WOMAN SEES IT BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT. PERCHED ON A FIRE ESCAPE, HIGH ABOVE THE GROUND, IS A DARK SHAPE, A CREATURE. ITS WINGS HANG DOWN OVER THE BARS, WATER DRIPPING. IT'S HEAD IS HORNED, AND SLIGHTLY LOWERED. IN ITS ARMS WAS THE BODY OF A SEEMINGLY LIFELESS MAN, THE ROBBER. THE LIGHTNING FLASH ENDS. DARKNESS RETURNS.

THE WOMAN IS SPEECHLESS. HAD HER EYE JUST DECEIVED HER? IT WAS ONLY A FEW BRIEF SECONDS, AND LIGHTNING CAN PLAY TRICK ON THE EYES.

LIGHTNING FLASHES AGAIN. THIS TIME, THE CREATURE'S HEAD IS TURNED. IT IS STARING AT HER. SHE CANNOT SEE ITS EYES, BUT SHE KNOWS ITS LOOKING AT HER. IT PIERCES HER HEART. THE FLASH FADES. DARKNESS AGAIN.

WITH EVERY OUNCE OF WILL SHE HAS, THE WOMAN PULLS HERSELF TO HER FEET AND DARTS DOWN THE ALLEY. SHE DOESN'T LOOK BACK. SHE IS REACHING THE STREET. SHE MAKES IT. SHE SCREAMS FOR HELP AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS.

A POLICE OFFICER IS PATROLING THE STREET. HE HAD RECEIVED A CALL THAT THERE WAS A DISTURBANCE. HE SEES THE WOMAN. HE PARKS THE CAR AND RUNS TO HER. HE LAYS HIS HANDS ON HER SHOULDERS. SHE'S HYSTERIC.>

OFFICER: "Ma'am! Ma'am!"

<THE WOMAN CONTINUES TO SCREAM.>

OFFICER: "What happened? Ma'am, what happened?"

WOMAN: "The alley!!"

<SHE SOBS.>

OFFICER: "What happened? What was in the alley?"

<CONTINUES SOBBING.>

OFFICER: "Ma'am, WHAT was in the alley?"

WOMAN: "THE BATMAN!!"

<THUNDER ROARS.>

<THE WOMAN SINKS INTO THE OFFICER'S CHEST, CRYING. THE CAMERA BEGINS TO PAN AWAY FROM THE STREET, INTO THE SKY. THE CAMERA CLIMBS UP THE SIDE OF THE BUILDING ADJACENT TO THE ALLEYWAY. IT CONTINUES TO GO UP. FINALLY, IT REACHES THE ROOF. STANDING ON THE EDGE OF THE ROOF IS THE CREATURE, STANDING TALL AND DOMINANT. ITS WINGS BILLOW VIOLENTLY IN THE WIND. THE RAIN PICKS UP. LIGHTNING CRACKS IN THE SKY. THE STORM IS HERE.>

<CUT TO OPENING TITLE>

THE DARK KNIGHT
--------------------------------------
It may seem like this is a very long scene, but it's only because I wrote it as descriptively as possible. In the context of the movie, this wouldn't be any longer than ten minutes.

not bad boom,but i gotta give it up to tobiaswins.i also liked the reference to the man of steel.boom 's scene could easily fit into the movie.

I agree, Boom's begining is awesome!
But here also is some more of my script

(Cut scene to Rachel and Bruce walking together drinking coffee)

Rachel:
“I have to say Bruce that I was suprised when I got your call, I haven’t heard from you at all this past year.”

Bruce:
“Well, I’ve been...busy.”

Rachel:
“Yes I know, the work you do is very important, still it would be nice for you to drop a line every now and then.”

Bruce:
“Your right Rachel, I’m sorry, it’s just that..

Rachel:
“Just that What Bruce?”

Bruce:
(stops walking and looks at rachel)
“It’s just that things haven’t gotten any better, they’ve gotten worse.”

Rachel:
“Maybe things have to get worse before they can get better Bruce.”

Bruce:
“Or, maybe it’s Escalation.”

Rachel:
“What?”

Bruce:
(starts walking again)
“Nothing, it’s just something a friend once told me.”

Rachel:
“oh.”

Bruce:
“I, ran into Harvey Dent today.”

Rachel:
“Yes, I know he’s back from Metropolis, I’m just...”

Bruce:
“Just what”

Rachel:
“I’m just worried it might be too soon ya know?”

Bruce:
(caught offguard)
“No Rachel, actually I don’t.”

Rachel:
“You mean you don’t know?”

Bruce:
“Know what Rachel?”

Rachel:
“The reason he was transferred in the first place Bruce.”

(Bruce stops walking again and looks curiously at Rachel)

Rachel:
“He almost killed a witness Bruce.”

Bruce:
“Now wait a minute Rachel...”

Rachel:
(Interupting)
“Just listen Bruce, because there’s a lot you don’t know about Harvey”.
He had a bad childhood, he was abused by his father, he’s mentioned this to me once he says it doesn’t bother him, but I know better.” He’s lost his temper several times, he works those late hours and has to deal with all the stress the job comes with.” Everytime the stress started getting to him he would always start flipping his coin, and that was always a warning that he was close to flipping out.”

Bruce:
“I’ve never seen this side of him.”

Rachel:
“There’s more Bruce, about three years ago he was interviewing a witness before trial, asking him various questions. Harvey had been working on this case non stop and hadn’t slept for 2 days, we were all nervous but Harvey was the best so no one said anything.” The interview turned ugly and the witness actually threatened Harvey, at first Harvey didn’t say anything, he just started flippin his coin, but when the witness spat at him from
accross the room that’s when he lost it.”

(Bruce just looks stunned, but stays silent)

Rachel:
“The next thing we knew there were police and security guards running towards the Witness room, I followed them to see what had happened, and it turnes out that Harvey threw the witness through a glass window. I looked at Harvey but when I saw his face, it was almost like it was someone else’s face, full of rage and hate, he wasn’t himself Bruce, he was someone else, someone frightening.” It’s because of this he was transfered to a less stressful enviornment, but I never thought he’d be back here agian.”

Bruce:
“Well, maybe he’s gotten better.”

Rachel:
(starts walking again)
“I hope your right Bruce, but things are more stressful now then they’ve ever been, he’s still my friend but I’m very worried about him.”

Bruce:
“That makes two of us.”

Rachel:
“Oh, can we stop by my bank, I need to open a new account.”

Bruce:
“Sure”

(TO BE CONTINUED)

Very Good but I didn't like Harvey transfered from Metropolis, I think Superman reference was enough.

The reason I had Harvy transfered to Metropolis and then brought back is because I needed a good explanation as to why he was AWOL from the first movie. He was trafsfered from Gotham to Metropolis temporarily, now he's back.

Punch said:
the way i see it is that he says it and dent turns around and is shocked to see bruce cuz he didnt know he was there

^^^^
that's a great way to describe it.

Anyway here's more, let me know if it's any good.

(Cut scene to police station where Lieutenant Gordon is talking to Commissioner Loeb.)

Gordon:
&#8220;Sir, if you&#8217;ll just hear me out.&#8221;

Loeb:
&#8220;It&#8217;s unacceptable Gordon! Unacceptable!, we&#8217;ve got a gang war out of control, a lunatic calling himself The Joker on the loose, and your asking me to take into account evidence given to you by the Batman.&#8221; Do you have any idea how much time and money is being spent in order to prevent the public from learning about that lunatic in a bat costume?&#8221; We can&#8217;t have these kind of people on the loose, because when you have one, soon you
have two, and then three and so on, and that is exactly the kind of behavior that gives inspiration to nutcases like the Joker!&#8221;

Gordon:
&#8220;Sir with all due respect, if it weren&#8217;t for the Batman this city would have been destroyed beyond repair and half the population exposed to Crane&#8217;s poison would now be certifiably insane Sir, is that what we want? Sir, we have no leads on the Joker, the narrows are a mess and half the police in this city are part of the problem, if we can&#8217;t protect this city then what good are we? We need Batman sir, we need someone who is not bound by the law to help us turn the tide in this dying city.&#8221;

Loeb:
(sigh&#8217;s, realizing he's not going to change Gordon's mind)
&#8220;Alright Gordon, If that&#8217;s what you want then fine, I&#8217;m putting you in charge of the Joker case, use whatever help you can get from the Batman and I won&#8217;t interfere. But I warn you Gordon, if that Costumed freak gets out of line even once, I will bring him down understand?&#8221;

Gordon:
&#8220;Yes sir.&#8221;
(starts to leave)

Loeb:
&#8220;"Oh by the way Gordon.&#8221;

Gordon:
&#8220;Yes sir?&#8221;

Loeb:
&#8220;Have we figured out which bank the Joker is targeting?&#8221;

Gordon:
&#8220;The Audio Cassette only says the first bank of Gotham, but the first bank of Gotham has over 40 branches in this city, so we&#8217;ve placed extra guards in all of them, the FBI are also keeping watch on all branches, we&#8217;ll just have to wait and see if he shows up.&#8221;

(Scene Cut to Bruce and Rachel inside of the bank, Rachel is talking to a banker who is helping her open a new account, Bruce is waiting for her and notices someone reading the paper, he can&#8217;t see the persons face but see&#8217;s an article that says &#8220;BATMAN SIGHTING&#8221;, he slowly walks over to the paper to get a closer look when all of the sudden the person behind the paper puts it down and says..)

Richard:
&#8220;Why Bruce, there you are (stands up), we&#8217;ve been trying to get a hold of you for months now.&#8221;

(Bruce winces, because this individual Richard is part of the Rich and stuck up country club that he visits to maintain his playboy image, in reality Bruce can&#8217;t stand Richard or any of his friends and has been trying to avoid them for months.)

Bruce:
(Immediately switching into his playboy personality)
&#8220;Well hello Richard, you know I&#8217;ve been so busy lately, I&#8217;ve got to meet this person, I&#8217;ve got to go to that charity, on and on, and it&#8217;s all so very boring.&#8221;

Richard:
&#8220;Tell me about it, hold on Bruce (yells across the room), hey muffy, Frank, guess who is here, it&#8217;s Bruce!"

Muffy:
(approaching)
&#8220;Bruce Darling how are you.&#8221;

Bruce:
(trying to hide the fact that he can't stand Muffy)
&#8220;I&#8217;m fine Muffy thank you, what are you three here for anyway, this is kind of a low class bank don&#8217;t you think?&#8221;

Muffy:
&#8220;Oh, were not doing business here Brucey, we&#8217;re sightseeing, did you know this was the first bank ever built in Gotham?&#8221;

(Suddenly Bruce goes stone cold as he realizes what Muffy just said, Richard and the other two continue to talk to Bruce but he&#8217;s not really listening, however in the background you see a tall skinny person in a black suit wearing a purple tie and a black hat walk up to the counter, you can hear him begin talking to one of the bankers.)

Strange Man:
&#8220;Excuse me miss, I was wondering what kind of bonds you have available,
I (muffled laugh), I&#8217;m looking to (muffled laugh) invest in some...&#8221;heh..heehh.,
invest in some....
(the poor woman at the counter looks concerned, when suddenly the strange man breaks into insane uncontrollable laughter)

Strange Man:
&#8220;HA HA HA HAHA!! No wait!! HA HA, stop me if you&#8217;ve heard this one before,"
(the man looses it now)
&#8220;HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA, heh heh heh!!"

(now everyone in the bank is staring at the man including bruce, then richard makes a comment.)

Richard:
&#8220;Well, it appears the entertainment has arrived.&#8221;

(Bruce looks at Richard like he's stupid, and a bank manager approaches the strange man.)

Manager:
&#8220;Excuse me sir, I can help you over here, please.&#8221;
(he motions over to his desk, the strange man offers his hand)

Strange man:
&#8220;Thank you kind sir.&#8221;

(Suddenly hidden in his sleeve is a tazer gun and he shoots the manager with it, the manager hits the ground convulsing.)

Strange man:
(talking to the manager)
&#8220;oh my, are you alright sir?&#8221; &#8220;Hey this man is having a seizure, somebody, haha, somebody do something...(uncontrollable laughter).

(The Girl behind the counter tries to hit the security button under the counter when suddenly the man points a very large gun at her head)

Strange Man:
&#8220;I wouldn&#8217;t do that if I were you.&#8221;
(the man continues to taze the manager on the floor, who is now foaming at the mouth, and turns around to face the crowd as he takes off his hat to reveal his face which is pale white as if his skin had been literally bleached, he had dark green hair and dark red lips.)

Strange Man:
&#8220;Hello Gotham, I am the Joker&#8221;

(Bruce looks at the joker with very angry eyes, he wants to do something but realizes his country club pals were right there with him all scared out of their wits, Richard had pee'd his pants.)

Joker:
&#8220;I have planted explosives in this building and will not hesitate to turn this place into rubble, so please pay attention.&#8221;

(the manager on the ground is dead now but the joker continues to taze him.)

Joker:
&#8220;Alright, listen up, what I have to say is very important,...ha ha, what did the lion say to the cheetah?&#8221; &#8220;Anyone,...anyone...he said wallets watches and jewelry in the center of the room now!" (muffled laughter).

(the crowd does what he says, but remains stonefaced)

Joker:
&#8220;Wow, dead crowd."
( The Joker throw&#8217;s the tazer on the ground by the now dead manager, and walks over behind the counter and grabs the girl from behind, he breathes on her neck and hands her a bag.)

Joker:
&#8220;Fill this with money honey (slaps her on her the butt, then begins to walk away but notices a blinking red light under the counter and wispers to himself)

Joker:
&#8220;you little bit#@&#8221; (points the gun at her head), &#8220;did you push that button!&#8221;

Girl:
(shakes her head no)

Joker:
&#8220;Well someone did, and I&#8217;m not leaving until I find out who!&#8221;
(Begins pointing gun at various people and shooting them)

Joker:
&#8220;Was it you sir?&#8221; (Bang! He shoots some guy in the leg, the man falls to the ground screaming.)

Joker:
&#8220;How about you lady.&#8221; (Bang!, he shoots her in the foot, she falls to the ground screaming.)

Joker:
&#8220;Someone had better confess.."(he now points the gun now at an old woman, Bruce who had seen enough goes to speak up, but Rachel beat him to it.)

Rachel:
&#8220;It was me you Freak, stop torturing these people!&#8221;

(The joker slowly turns around and grins from ear to ear)

Joker:
&#8220;You my darling, it was you?&#8221;
(He starts to walk around her)

Joker:
&#8220;And what do you suppose I should do to you, oh I know, how about Russian Roulette, I love this game, here we go..(he spins the chamber and points it to his own head and fires, but nothing happens, the joker does not even flinch.)
&#8220;Now it&#8217;s your turn my dear, (the Joker spins the chamber again and puts the gun to Rachel&#8217;s head and pulls the trigger, Rachel is crying and flinches, but again nothing happens.)

Joker:
&#8220;You got lucky that time lady, now it&#8217;s my turn again&#8221;
(He spins the chamber puts the gun to his head and pulls the trigger and again nothing happens.)

Joker:
&#8220;Wow this is getting intense&#8221; (Rachel is holding back tears and shaking now, Bruce who had been watching in horror couldn&#8217;t watch anymore, but he also knew he had to pretend to be scared.)

Bruce:
&#8220;Um, excuse me, sir.&#8221;

(The joker turns around angry that someone would interrupt him)

Joker:
&#8220;WHAT!&#8221;

Bruce:
&#8220;She didn&#8217;t push the button..I pushed the button, I&#8217;m sorry.&#8221;

Joker:
&#8220;Hey, don&#8217;t I know you? Yes, your Gary Coleman aren&#8217;t you?

Bruce:
&#8220;Actually it&#8217;s Bruce Wayne.&#8221;

Joker:
(suddenly angry)
&#8220;I know who you are sissy boy! I know your type! I know all your types, You&#8217;ve got the money, but your not truly happy are you? Well, I&#8217;m happy, I&#8217;m happy because I&#8217;m the man with a smile, the man with the gun, I&#8217;m the man who laughs.."
(he turns toward Rachel and now points a different gun at her head)
&#8220;and the Jokes on you sweetheart&#8221; (He pulls the trigger but a BANG flag comes out, Rachel Winces.)

Joker:
&#8220;Gotcha, ha haha heh heh&#8221;

Rachel:
(breaths a sigh of relief, when the joker pulls the trigger a second time and the Bang flag shoots out of the gun killing Rachel Immediately, the Joker stands over her dead body laughing).

Joker:
Gotcha again! ha ha ha(uncontrollable laughter.)

(Bruce looses it at this point and runs at the Joker)
Bruce:
&#8220;You son of a bit#@!&#8221; (The Joker turns around and smiles, and that&#8217;s the last thing Bruce saw, as the Joker pushed the button setting off his explosives.)

(Scene Cut to outside the bank where the police are just showing up intime to see the building explode, police scatter, among them is Lieutenant Gordon who hits the ground, and now sirens can be heard in the background, the building is now on fire.)

Gordon:
(to some police officers)
&#8220;There are people in there, we&#8217;ve got to get them out NOW!&#8221;

(Police start to rush into the building as fire engines arrive and start putting out the fire, police are shown bringing out people some uncontious others badly hurt but awake, Bruce is carried out on a stretcher and is uncontious, but wakes up once the stretcher is set down, he stumbles to his feet still in a daze and covered in dust, a police officer notices this and tries to get him to lay back down.)

Officer:
&#8220;Sir Sir, you&#8217;ve got to lie down, you&#8217;ve been in an explosion, we need to take you to a hospital!&#8221;
(Bruce however isn&#8217;t paying attention, but is instead yelling out Rachel&#8217;s name over and over again.)

Bruce:
&#8220;Rachel! Rachel!"

Officer:
&#8220;please sir, at least get inside the ambulance.&#8221;

Bruce:
(walking toward the burning building)
&#8220;Rachel!

(Three officers are holding him back as he is trying to get inside the Burning Building.)

Bruce:
&#8220;Rachel!!!

(Scene Fades away)

(How's that for the Jokers First appearance?)

I'm enjoying it... but you seem to have destroyed Bruce's character. I mean, I couldn't exactly imagine Bruce turning around and saying: "You son of a *****." It just doesn't seem like Nolan's portrayol of Bruce Wayne.

I like the Joker, though. He's just how I imagined him - just like he is in the cartoons. Keep it coming.

I'm enjoying it... but you seem to have destroyed Bruce's character. I mean, I couldn't exactly imagine Bruce turning around and saying: "You son of a *****." It just doesn't seem like Nolan's portrayol of Bruce Wayne.

I respect your opinion, however the way I see it Bruce just saw his former lover gunned down in front of him, that's why he looses it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"