The Force Awakens Should the Sequel Trilogy bring back the Old Characters?

I agree. Only thing I feel is the Academy sort of undermines the half-thought out prophecy of the prequels. By that (don't get me wrong I do enjoy the prequels). I feel the Force is only in balance because the Sith are gone and (we won't get into those in hiding or whateveR), officially only one Jedi still stands.
This can be easily retconned to either the prophecy not defining how long the Force would stay in balance, or to it beign a debatable factor in the least. the point is, even if they aren't following Sith teachings, eventually one or more of Luke's students will fall and will either seek power in the dark side, or use his anger and just go Dark Jedi. Point is, an Academy truly only sets up for a lack of balance again.

That said, I still want to see an Academy, I at least want to see a small Jedi group for these films. My point being, I'm not against them going in a different direction with this either.:woot:
I allways thought that it would be interesting if the Jedi ended up following the Sith's example of only 2 Jedis existing at the same time, a master and an aprentice.

I really don't want to see an Academy. One of the things that made the Jedi so cool in the originals vs the Prequels was we didn't see them as much. I want one Jedi out of the main characters. I'm not against the idea that there was an Academy, I just don't think it would help the movie. Maybe have the Academy be in ruins and only Luke remains, have a hero who travels to the Academy to seek help and must learn to be a Jedi?

This is a good point.

Jedis are far more mysterious and impressive when they are scattered loners like they are in the original trilogy.

To those who think MH would be easy to get back, don't be so sure. He resents Star Wars these days, and apparently has a secret bitterness towards Ford.
"Well you know - there was some jealousy I think - um, you know I have to be incredibly careful... Harrison had this enormous career - what was it, by the second one or third one? And I think that was tough for Mark. "I'm the one who - it's adventures of Luke Skywalker! How did - this wasn't supposed to happen."" -Carrie Fisher on "Bring Back: Star Wars"

images

Emma Roberts as Ashoka Tano's Jedi daughter.

images

the Rock was cast in GI JOE and Fast Five to bring star power. He could play a Yuuzhan Vong warrior or a badass Jedi...

images

Julianne Hough could play Cindel Towani from the "Ewok Adventure".

images

Anna Kendrick could play Ailyn Vel, Boba Fett's daughter.
I hope this post is a joke... :dry:

Personally, I'd love to see Luke have a pretty significant role in a new series. Others would be great, too, but Luke would be awesome.

Personally, I'd love to see Luke have a pretty significant role in a new series. Others would be great, too, but Luke would be awesome.
Plus I feel like Hamill is the only one who would be completely behind returning. Fisher makes a lot of fun of her time with the films, but I could see her at least giving it a go. Ford on the other hand...

If they can, yes. Not as main characters, but the new Star Wars will still need the equivalent of Ben Kenobi, Mon Mothma and Crix Madine.

Plus I feel like Hamill is the only one who would be completely behind returning. Fisher makes a lot of fun of her time with the films, but I could see her at least giving it a go. Ford on the other hand...

Mark Hamil has had a long voice acting career and I don't think he'd mind returning to be Luke Skywalker one more time at least. He seems to really care what his fans think of him.

Carrie Fischer is Bat **** crazy these days so I don't see (or want) her to return.

Harrison Ford wanted Han to die in Jedi, he felt his character really had nothing more to learn or do, that he was pretty one dimensional and that the best thing he could do is die. So I'm 99% sure he's not coming back.

Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker seems to be willing to return for anything.

The prequel cast members all seemed to have mixed experiences.

Hayden Christensen is pretty type cast as Anakin Skywalker, I haven't seen him in much since Jumper. He'd probably return though just because he hasn't been in much and he seemed to love playing Darth Vader.

Ewan McGreggor took his role of Obi-Wan very seriously and did a very good job impersonating Sir Alec Guiness while bringing something of his own to the role. He seemed generally pleased with the role and I think he'd be willing to return.

Natalie Portman pretty much just phoned the whole thing in and her career has blown up since Star Wars has ended, I doubt she'd be willing to return, even if there was some way that she could.

Liam Neison wanted to return for Revenger of the Sith but couldn't do to his motorcycle accident. Funny he was also featured as a mentor in the first installment only to return as a vision in the third in his role in the Nolan Batman films. Anyway that being said I think he would return

I don't necessarily want all of these people to return I'm just saying who I think would and would not.

BRING BACK LUKE SKYWALKER !!! and the gang (Han,Leia, Chew, R2, 3p0)

Harrison Ford wanted Han to die in Jedi, he felt his character really had nothing more to learn or do, that he was pretty one dimensional and that the best thing he could do is die. So I'm 99% sure he's not coming back.

That was some 30 years ago. He's doing things like Cowboys & Aliens and Ender's Game now. I think he'd be more than happy to reprise his role as Han Solo.

Mark Hamil has had a long voice acting career and I don't think he'd mind returning to be Luke Skywalker one more time at least. He seems to really care what his fans think of him.
He resents Star Wars these days, and apparently has a secret bitterness towards Ford.
"Well you know - there was some jealousy I think - um, you know I have to be incredibly careful... Harrison had this enormous career - what was it, by the second one or third one? And I think that was tough for Mark. "I'm the one who - it's adventures of Luke Skywalker! How did - this wasn't supposed to happen."" -Carrie Fisher on "Bring Back: Star Wars"

Carrie Fischer is Bat **** crazy these days so I don't see (or want) her to return.
She's not crazy, she's just hilarious. She's a natural comedian, so when people see her goofing around it makes them go "WTF :huh:"

What if he dies in Ep VII?

Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker seems to be willing to return for anything.
Anthony Daniels hates Kenny Baker. He cancels appearances to events when he finds out Baker will be present. Either way, I'm sure they wouldn't use Baker anymore as he's pretty old, and Daniels would definitely not be on set. He's a pretentious dick. He'd probably just do the voice overs, with the Voice Directing Assistant pampering him in ADR.

Hayden Christensen is pretty type cast as Anakin Skywalker, I haven't seen him in much since Jumper. He'd probably return though just because he hasn't been in much and he seemed to love playing Darth Vader.
Unless they used a Sebastian Shaw look-a-like, a LOT of fans would be pissed off. Technically speaking, Anakin's ghost in canon is older. The Christensen version is simply the 2004 and beyond special edition version. You'd need someone like Michael Gambon in a wig to pull him off. He looks a lot like Shaw did, and he's a phenomenal actor.

Ewan McGreggor took his role of Obi-Wan very seriously and did a very good job impersonating Sir Alec Guiness while bringing something of his own to the role. He seemed generally pleased with the role and I think he'd be willing to return.
If they did their makeup magic, this would be the only prequel actor I'd be down with them bringing back.

Natalie Portman pretty much just phoned the whole thing in and her career has blown up since Star Wars has ended, I doubt she'd be willing to return, even if there was some way that she could.
Padme has no place in the ST. There was one instance in one of the books where R2 plays a holo recording of Anakin and Padme talking, but they could easily just used archival footage from ROTS.

Liam Neison wanted to return for Revenger of the Sith but couldn't do to his motorcycle accident. Funny he was also featured as a mentor in the first installment only to return as a vision in the third in his role in the Nolan Batman films. Anyway that being said I think he would return
Like Padme, Qui-Gon has no place in a new trilogy. He never actually became one with the Force. He found the route and communicated it to Yoda. Obi-Wan was the first to do it. (As far as I'm concerned, EU isn't canon).

Furthermore, Liam Neeson said he only did TPM to have Lucas on his resume. He doesn't care for the films and hated his experience on set. Him not returning for a V.O. in ROTS had nothing to do with his accident. He came out and said he didn't care for it. He didn't even do it for AOTC when you hear (what sounds like Qui-Gon) yell "Anakin! No!" during Yoda's meditation (also serving as a precursor to Yoda's communications with him in ROTS). There was supposed to be more to it than just that, but he refused to return. Although it's supposed to be Qui-Gon, they claimed that the actor voicing that scene is a recast, even though him yelling "Anakin!" is the exact same yell that Qui-Gon cries in TPM when Maul is about to hit him with his speeder bike on Tatooine. The "Noo!!" is definitely not Neeson.

Anyways, Lucasfilms got away with this without having to pay Neeson a penny and Neeson has publicly said he wouldn't do another one.

I don't necessarily want all of these people to return I'm just saying who I think would and would not.
I'm actually curious how you came to these conclusions...

I think most importantly though, we should have Frank Oz return, Yoda as a practical muppet with CG overlay.

Luke, Leia, and Han are dead, and their descendents should be the main characters.

I think bringing back Leia and Han would be a good idea...but more a passing of the torch.

I think a lot of it should focus on a new Jedi Order...Luke could have a small part as a new council member of the Order. And I'd like to see a story revolving the remnants of the empire and dark jedi who see the loss of the Sith Lords an opportunity.

I think bringing back Leia and Han would be a good idea...but more a passing of the torch.

I think a lot of it should focus on a new Jedi Order...Luke could have a small part as a new council member of the Order. And I'd like to see a story revolving the remnants of the empire and dark jedi who see the loss of the Sith Lords an opportunity.

I agree. To make us care about new characters, they need to be seen alongside the originals otherwise there will be too much of a disconnect and it won't feel much like an authentic sequel.

If they recast Chewbacca, may I suggest the Geico caveman?

I think they should bring back everyone deemd to be alive at some point in the new trilogy as a cameo at least. The main characters though should be new.

I have basically no interest in the kids of the characters of the previous films. What is this, Degrassi the Next Generation in space? Can't we move on?

I agree. To make us care about new characters, they need to be seen alongside the originals otherwise there will be too much of a disconnect and it won't feel much like an authentic sequel.

Or they could just write compelling characters.

Remember Indy passin the torch on to the next generation? The original trio must still have a large role, it's basically assured that much EU material will become non-canon, while i liked those stories i'm not very sad about it, the promise of more movies makes me more escited.

I can see Luke taking over for Obi-Wan in Ep. IV and Qui-Gon in Ep. I in the capacity of The Wise Old Mentor Who Bites It In The Climactic Lightsaber Duel. Bring on Force Ghost Luke!

If they want to take it a little farther into the future...then Force Ghost Luke is the way to go.

But I'd prefer to see Luke training the new Jedi Order. (mainly because it's such a vitally important part of the lore that it really does NEED to be shown, not referenced in passing)

They don't need that to make us care about the characters (& if they are *****es it won't help :yay:) but I agree the authenticity of the sequel is reduced if there are hardly any links to the older films.

Or they could just write compelling characters.

I have basically no interest in the kids of the characters of the previous films. What is this, Degrassi the Next Generation in space? Can't we move on?
What if they are compelling characters?

Remember Indy passin the torch on to the next generation? The original trio must still have a large role, it's basically assured that much EU material will become non-canon, while i liked those stories i'm not very sad about it, the promise of more movies makes me more escited.

as if Crystal skull is a good movie...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"