Should the United States convert to metric?

Has any one of you a'holes thought what songs like 500 miles from the Proclaimers would sound if we go to the metric system? Have you? 804.7 km indeed. :down

^Yeah, but how much sweeter would Tails from Sonic The Hedgehog be if his first name were Kilo as opposed to Miles?

Conversion doesn't have to be that hard. Make it a law saying that everything in America (like the speed in a car) should be in English and Metric.
Within ten to fifteen years people will get the idea and we can move onto Kilometres and Litres.

^Yeah, but how much sweeter would Tails from Sonic The Hedgehog be if his first name were Kilo as opposed to Miles?

I'll be DAMNED if I'm gonna haveta call Miles Davis by the new name of Kilometers Davis. :cmad:

jag

Every self-respecting Star Trek fan would know that the metric system is the universal system. :)

"The Ministry of Information doesn't make mistakes."
CRASH
"Well, isn't that bloody typical, they switched back to metric without telling us."

I thought they were gradually in the process.
I know some cars have it so you can use either miles or km,digital. Also,some of the gov't jobs I've been on we've had to break out the metric tape measures and convert wiht calculators. None of us are really use to it,slowed the job down considerably. Not to mention the prints were all screwy to begin with. :down
Some major electric supply companies that are based over seas will be converting and we'll have to adapt.

Has any one of you a'holes thought what songs like 500 miles from the Proclaimers would sound if we go to the metric system? Have you? 804.7 km indeed. :down

Yes. that would make it sound crap.

and not the all round and general crappiness of the proclaimers

this may be the one thing the red and blue states will agree on. Just say no to the metric system. Miles for everyone!

Y'know, I notice everyone complains when the US tries to force things on other countries, but it is ok for other countries to complain about how we do not use the metric system, how we are too prudish, how we need to change. Why is that ok? I'm comfortable with our current system. Most people are. Changing to metric would only cause undue confusion. Is it really hurting anything to keep with the foot system?

I've never understood why the metric system is considered confusing. It is so damn easy to multiply and divide by ten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"