No Way Home Should the villains stay in the MCU?

Green Goblin

Crawling on walls
Reaction score
Given that our 5 villains are from continuities outside of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, should they keep them in the MCU or would you rather reintroduce the villains as MCU versions down the road.

I think if they are already making changes to some of them such as their look, they are already making them the "MCU Version". I just don't see the point in giving them their own unique versions when we already have them in the MCU now.

I think they will all be one and done. But I would be fine with them staying. It really depends on what the future holds with the Venomverse and such

Some of the leaks have said
everybody gets sent back except for Norman. I don't know if that's the case or how that works then, I remember some other leaks have also said he kills MCU Norman to stay.

Without really knowing how this movie plays out or the future of this iteration of Spider-Man, its hard to say but for now I'll just say say no. I think they're just simply treating this as a one off and they go back to their respective universes and/or die.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the MCU versions of Ock and Norman read about their variant selves in the paper and it wake up their twisted sides.

I'd like to see the MCU versions of Ock and Norman read about their variant selves in the paper and it wake up their twisted sides.
I could see them doing something like this with Norman though.

I could see them doing something like this with Norman though.

I could get behind this, if and only if it leads to Norman going obvious non-functional crazy, and thus completely shortcuts any "Stupid Knock-Off Lex Luther Wannabe" phase for the character. :p

I don't think we are getting MCU versions of those characters. I think these are the MCU versions of those characters. Them appearing is pretty much their presence in the MCU.

the whole variant/doppelganger side of things is a little confusing... who does or doesn't have doppelgangers in this world? ... we have a J.J. in the MCU who is a variant look-a-like (minus the hair) of the Raimi-verse (even in a similar line of work)

but, then we have different Peter Parks who all are different age's with different looks...
(same with MJ(s), Gwen(s), May(s)/Ben(s) and Flash(s), for that matter) makes you wonder how things went so differently in this timeline that caused Peter to be younger or look the way he does (but still some how met the same Fate of other Peter Parker(s) to become Spider-man) is that just manifest destiny or what?

so it would be interesting to see which of these (other dimensional characters) have counterparts in the MCU ... do they look the same or not? did someone else altogether take on a similar fate to their origin story in their place?

I don't think it will happen with Ock and Goblin. Molina and Dafoe are both in their late 60's. I can't see them set for a future in the MCU. I think this is a one and done. A last hurrah.

I don't think any of the villains have a long-lasting life in the MCU. thats kinda the thing. So these 5 villains will probably count as the MCU version of them. Even if they all die or are gone by the end.

Not great for MCU Spidey to have no longer term Ock/Goblin IMO but I guess if Holland says he's done in the not too far future and we get Miles we'll have new opportunities.

My guess is Mysterio is involved with the NWH Sinister Six. It does seem like his absence is pretty suspiciously glaring.

My preference wouldve been Mysterio, Vulture, Sandman, Electro, Kraven, Ock (and it seems like we got so close to the og lineup)

But I would have settled for Scorpion or Shocker over Kraven.

What I didn't want to see is Lizard or Goblin in the Sinister Six as neither feels like they really belong... idk maybe thats just me.

MAYBE, this actually won't be a sinister 6 story afterall. Just some multiverse mayhem with upwards of 3 villains on screen at a time.

And maybe in actuality we are still headed toward another Sinister Six oriented flick with an MCU ock. After the Kraven movie, and after Vulture meets Morbius? idk. Just seems like Sony's probably still cookin stuff up (especially since they havent advertised Sinister Six in this film at all).

MAYBE, this actually won't be a sinister 6 story afterall. Just some multiverse mayhem with upwards of 3 villains on screen at a time.

And maybe in actuality we are still headed toward another Sinister Six oriented flick with an MCU ock. After the Kraven movie, and after Vulture meets Morbius? idk. Just seems like Sony's probably still cookin stuff up (especially since they havent advertised Sinister Six in this film at all).
This is 100% what's happening.

This will no doubt be their only movie and then the MCU will move on to other Spider-man villains who will also most likely only be in one movie each, maybe two if they are extremely lucky. How is it 2021 and people still haven't caught on that most supervillains will almost never stick around in superhero movies, in general? Movies come out way too infrequently to have villains do the whole "having numerous encounters with the hero" thing, unless a villain is more of a part of a hero's core supporting cast like Lex Luthor or Loki. They could have a new villain in every MCU movie until we all die of old age and they still won't run out. Think about the countless comics we've had, and the fact that we get like three movies for a given hero in a decade, if that. If I live another 50 years, I'll probably live to see, what, about 20 more Spider-man movies, at the current rate? How many decades before they feel the need to use Doc Ock again?

I don't think we are getting MCU versions of those characters. I think these are the MCU versions of those characters. Them appearing is pretty much their presence in the MCU.

I would elaborate: this is probably true, *because* Marvel has given up hope of actually gaining full control over the characters anytime soon. They aren't going to refuse to "save" using those villains out of a desire to make their own version, because they realize they aren't going to get the chance to make their own versions.

Or basically, if this feels like a "last Spider-man story" with the kind of blowout a finale would involve, its because it pretty much is.

Well to be fair even if Marvel can't get the rights to these characters. Its not like they use the villains they own in any particular way. Spider-man fans often assume Marvel would treat Spiderman different to how they treat their other characters.

I'm elated that we're seeing some of these characters again because Sony left so much undone with Spidey's rogues' gallery. I'd be even more excited if one or two of them were part of the MCU's future.

I rather like to see vilains in MCU version . Those from 5 films pre-MCU should go back home

But now they are merging Raimiverse, Amazingverse and Venomverse with MCU

We see Brock switching inMCU, we dont know about Morbius but we've seen Toomes in trailer

^ that is where the universe/ timeline of Morbius gets a bit muddy for me...

we see a spider-man picture (graffitied over labeled a "Murder") but it appeared to be Tobey's Spidey?

we see Toomes

then he makes reference to the events of Venom

so if its the Venom-verse why is Toomes there (unless he is that universes variant of Toomes)

Last edited:
I rather like to see vilains in MCU version . Those from 5 films pre-MCU should go back home

But now they are merging Raimiverse, Amazingverse and Venomverse with MCU

We see Brock switching inMCU, we dont know about Morbius but we've seen Toomes in trailer
They are not combining anything.

They are using a narrative conceit, "The Multiverse" to justify story elements.

It's not ANY different than the conceit used in any number of crossovers between characters owned by multiple companies being brought together that has been going on for decades in the comics.

The Avengers fought the JLA. Does... Does that mean the Marvel Comics universe is a PART of DC? NO. Of course not. Batman met Spawn... Does... Does Todd McFarlane own Batman now or something? No. Batman is not a "part" of Spawn and his universe because of a crossover using the "Multiverse" as a justification for how characters can meet.

I actually wouldn't be opposed to Molina's Dock Ock sticking around but there is no doubt in my mind that him and the other villains get sent back to their respective universes.

I do have to wonder though, in the event that the Sony-Marvel deal continues and we get more solo Spidey films set in the MCU, who they'll use as villains? That's the one downside of doing a multiverse story as it seems to me that it makes introducing new MCU versions of GG and Ock kind of awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"