No Way Home Will this be Spider-Man's last film in the MCU? MCU vs. SSMU

True. :funny:

Sony would have to be bonkers not to offer Holland the moon if he's reluctant to continue after his contract is up.

At this point, I'm not as impatient to know what happens after NWH as alot of other fans are.

I wanna really wait to see how NWH ends ,before I focus my concerned on Spiderman films after it.

NWH will give us a much better lay of the land of what's to come.

Last edited:
Amy Pascal: This is not the last movie that we are going to make with Marvel – [this is not] the last Spider-Man movie. We are getting ready to make the next Spider-Man movie with Tom Holland and Marvel, it just isn't part of… we're thinking of this as three films, and now we're going to go onto the next three. This is not the last of our MCU movies.
"Isn't part of..." The MCU right?
That's the vibe i'm getting. That Spider-Man will head back to Sony Cinematic Universe, she wants Tom Holland to complete another trilogy there and eventually jump back into the MCU in some capacity, maybe in the big team up movies...

As it stands Tom Holland is the longest running Spider-Man and this allows him to get a six picture run including an Avengers appearance

"Isn't part of..." The MCU right?
That's the vibe i'm getting. That Spider-Man will head back to Sony Cinematic Universe, she wants Tom Holland to complete another trilogy there and eventually jump back into the MCU in some capacity, maybe in the big team up movies...

Well thats where it gets kinda messy. Im sure Sony want Hollands Spider-man to meet Venom. Maybe even some of their other SONY-verse characters. And Marvel probably would want him to cross over with some of their heroes. And now Amy is throwing out this idea that there will be 3 more movies... it just seems like that would be the fastest way to burn Holland's enthusiasm out of the role if he is constantly playing Spider-man. Even after 7 appearances already.

So i ain't sure i totally believe her when she says 3 more movies. And if what she is saying is true... I'm waiting for the catch she isn't telling us yet. The added element here.

Given what we know about the ending due to the leaks, I'm sure this is the last of Tom in the MCU. Probably for the best, too. No more Disney Channel Spidey. [/SPOILERS]

Personally i don't think the ending to this movie will be that cut and dry. At least not to the point where everything just is on reset and go again.

Given what we know about the ending due to the leaks, I'm sure this is the last of Tom in the MCU. Probably for the best, too. No more Disney Channel Spidey. [/SPOILERS]

Having read said leaks, I don't see how that's definitive. It could be either way.

Well thats where it gets kinda messy. Im sure Sony want Hollands Spider-man to meet Venom. Maybe even some of their other SONY-verse characters. And Marvel probably would want him to cross over with some of their heroes. And now Amy is throwing out this idea that there will be 3 more movies... it just seems like that would be the fastest way to burn Holland's enthusiasm out of the role if he is constantly playing Spider-man. Even after 7 appearances already.

So i ain't sure i totally believe her when she says 3 more movies. And if what she is saying is true... I'm waiting for the catch she isn't telling us yet. The added element here.
My thoughts exactly.

Yeh and even Tom Holland said a while ago that he didn't want to play SM after he was 30(he's 25 now) and that he would gladly pass the torch to Miles Morales. I know he now said he would play the character forever but i'm not sure that's really the case though. It feels like the whole "3 more movies" thing is more of an idea by her/Sony. Like you said, there's definitely something else in play, maybe because that proposed trilogy could be on the Sony's Spider-man Universe and Tom Holland has to pen it down too.

If Sony does indeed get Tom Holland to star in a trilogy for the Sony Spider-man Universe i'll go ahead and theorize the following, according to what we know are the SSU projects...

1st film - Spider-Man vs Venom (Tom Holland vs Tom Hardy) / Post-credit scene of several villains joining up.
2nd film - Sinister Six (Morbius, Kraven, Mysterio, Vulture...) / Post-credit scene of a young Miles walking around.
3rd film - Miles Morales (Passing of the torch by Tom Holland's SM) / Post credit scene of a big name Avenger gettin in touch with Miles.

Something around these lines. I think they would make a ton of money too and the second film could serve to bring back the ties to the MCU which would then be used to eventually bring Miles Morales in as well. A win-win for Sony and Marvel, Sony would cash-in with Tom Holland's SM popularity and eventually Marvel bring Miles morales in to their ranks for a couple of films too. Easy money.

If Sony does indeed get Tom Holland to star in a trilogy for the Sony Spider-man Universe i'll go ahead and theorize the following, according to what we know are the SSU projects...

1st film - Spider-Man vs Venom (Tom Holland vs Tom Hardy) / Post-credit scene of several villains joining up.
2nd film - Sinister Six (Morbius, Kraven, Mysterio, Vulture...) / Post-credit scene of a young Miles walking around.
3rd film - Miles Morales (Passing of the torch by Tom Holland's SM) / Post credit scene of a big name Avenger gettin in touch with Miles.

Something around these lines. I think they would make a ton of money too and the second film could serve to bring back the ties to the MCU which would then be used to eventually bring Miles Morales in as well. A win-win for Sony and Marvel, Sony would cash-in with Tom Holland's SM popularity and eventually Marvel bring Miles morales in to their ranks for a couple of films too. Easy money.
Sounds like a great trilogy to me.

I rather think that Sony needs MCU more than the other way around. Spidey is a lot more interesting in MCU than SSMU. I think we'll get another Holland appearance in MCU, but with the Multiverse in play, Marvel has set the stage to move on with new characters and revive older ones.

I was thinking Venom 3 would be titled Maximum Carnage, with a new variant Cletus Kasady in the MCU played by a new actor. With the first and second act with Spider-Man vs. Venom and then team up to beat Carnage. But now that Eddie is back in his own universe, I feel like that's not gonna happen

Fiege coming out and confirming that Spider-man 4 is happening says to me that they're very confident that Holland will be renewing his contract. He may be their new highest-paid actor, but there's no way they let him go. After this movie's box office, he could ask for the moon and Pascal's mad scientist-looking self would find a way to steal it for him.

I really hope not. I feel like we can finally get a proper Spidey MCU movie. This was like a three-movie origin story for Peter. I guess six if you count Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame.

I was thinking Venom 3 would be titled Maximum Carnage, with a new variant Cletus Kasady in the MCU played by a new actor. With the first and second act with Spider-Man vs. Venom and then team up to beat Carnage. But now that Eddie is back in his own universe, I feel like that's not gonna happen

What a BS copout that was. Made me want to vomit. I wish they never included those scenes.

I think after Morbius comes out, these universes' places will make more sense. The Morbius trailer threw people for a loop.

Fiege coming out and confirming that Spider-man 4 is happening says to me that they're very confident that Holland will be renewing his contract. He may be their new highest-paid actor, but there's no way they let him go. After this movie's box office, he could ask for the moon and Pascal's mad scientist-looking self would find a way to steal it for him.

lol Pascal's hair is a personality of its own.

rumor has it, Sony and Disney are at odds with how MCU Spider-Man 4 should go.

Sony wants a large scale multiverse movie like NwH, whereas Disney wants a more grounded lower stakes street level movie. I want the latter. Not that I don't want another high stakes film, but I think they should build up to that instead of going straight to that novelty again.

to me, that's the mistake the X-Men prequel series did going from First Class, to Days of Future Past, to Apocalupse.

rumor has it, Sony and Disney are at odds with how MCU Spider-Man 4 should go.

Sony wants a large scale multiverse movie like NwH, whereas Disney wants a more grounded lower stakes street level movie. I want the latter. Not that I don't want another high stakes film, but I think they should build up to that instead of going straight to that novelty again.

to me, that's the mistake the X-Men prequel series did going from First Class, to Days of Future Past, to Apocalupse.

yeah i read that too, they should go for a gang war type movie with the rose being introduced, maybe hobgoblin working with him trying to overthrow the kingpin, bring in daredevil and the punisher like in the comics, and make sure they have a great script instead of trying to impress with sfx and cgi and trying to reproduce the box office of the last one.
if they did a great gang war movie they could still pass a billion.
they should just have spidey as the misunderstood loner and not have him meet up with mj and ned, they are two good actors but they will only get in the way of a great spider-man movie, it cant be like the last three they have a chance here to do a truly classic spider-man movie like the comics finally.

yeah i read that too, they should go for a gang war type movie with the rose being introduced, maybe hobgoblin working with him trying to overthrow the kingpin, bring in daredevil and the punisher like in the comics, and make sure they have a great script instead of trying to impress with sfx and cgi and trying to reproduce the box office of the last one.
if they did a great gang war movie they could still pass a billion.
they should just have spidey as the misunderstood loner and not have him meet up with mj and ned, they are two good actors but they will only get in the way of a great spider-man movie, it cant be like the last three they have a chance here to do a truly classic spider-man movie like the comics finally.
Coincidentally, there was a small storyline about gang wars in the second season of Daredevil. Before this rumor of Sony and Disney at odds again, the rumor I was hearing was that this movie was going to feature Daredevil and also be the springboard to reintroduce several of the other Netflix MCU characters.

Coincidentally, there was a small storyline about gang wars in the second season of Daredevil. Before this rumor of Sony and Disney at odds again, the rumor I was hearing was that this movie was going to feature Daredevil and also be the springboard to reintroduce several of the other Netflix MCU characters.
yeah, thats what they should do and bring in a supervillan enforcer like Hobgoblin or tombstone(give him superpowers like they did later on in the comics) or jack o lantern or hammerhead.
they can always bring in mj and ned for next film after gang war, if they want him befriending them again.
but we need to see the spider-man on his own struggling to keep his head above water money wise.

yeah, thats what they should do and bring in a supervillan enforcer like Hobgoblin or tombstone(give him superpowers like they did later on in the comics) or jack o lantern or hammerhead.
they can always bring in mj and ned for next film after gang war, if they want him befriending them again.
but we need to see the spider-man on his own struggling to keep his head above water money wise.
Ned as the hobgoblin has to happen because of the foreshadowing in NwH. After the devastating defeat Spider-Man faced in NwH, I also fully expect to see him struggle on more levels going forward too. That makes for better storytelling.

Anyway, here are a few sources I found stating that Daredevil, the Defenders, and even Ant-Man are rumored cameos for the next film:

Ned as the hobgoblin has to happen because of the foreshadowing in NwH. After the devastating defeat Spider-Man faced in NwH, I also fully expect to see him struggle on more levels going forward too. That makes for better storytelling.

Anyway, here are a few sources I found stating that Daredevil, the Defenders, and even Ant-Man are rumored cameos for the next film:

Thanks for the links, hopefully marvel get their way and this is the movie we will get.

That scooper 'report' sounds so good to be true that I don't believe it at all.

Thanks for the links, hopefully marvel get their way and this is the movie we will get.
You're welcome! I hope you're right, after almost a decade of working with Disney, Sony should be seeing that listening to them is the right move. Hell, they wanted the NwH trailers to have the multiverse Spider-Men in it and I think they did the right listening to Disney and keeping them a secret.

Do you remember how fast this forum was moving before that movie came out? The last time I remember traffic of that level was when Spider-Man was first announced to BE in the MCU!
That scooper 'report' sounds so good to be true that I don't believe it at all.
Certainly, take it with a grain of salt but a lot of things that we like to call to good to be true, did end up becoming true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"