Should they change the art style for the series a bit?

I hate the way they draw noses from the side. Oh and having Pete's tag sticking up on the back of his shirt downright pisses me off! For the love of god change that. He's not THAT nerdy...:whatever:

I'm not the biggest fan of the eyes either.

well maybe every season they will get new hair dos and different cloths.

Yes, it needs a complete overhaul. I was worried we'd get terrible Americ-Anime style art, and instead we get even worse Fischer Price Little People art. Ugh. What is wrong with kids and animators now-a-days?

The funniest thing is the way the toys look. It looks like they forgot to finish them.

The eye thing is funny because nobody has pupils. Which is fine, cuz I rarely draw pupils on my characters eyes either. They're usually not necessary if the more colorful Iris directs you.

But the crazy thing is during Natural Selection, Curt's irises dilated into Lizard pupils.

They definitely need to slightly alter the art. Keep it simple and stylized, but try to make the art more mature and less kiddy. What I think would be great, is that with every season Peter should get a bit older, and as he gets older and moves into college, the art should slightly change as well.
I like this idea.

I just saw the pilot episode on Youtube. I personally like the art style. I know it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I like experimental looking styles. I used to watch Kim Possible a lot, and I really like the Scott Pilgrim comic series, which has a lot in common with SS in terms of art style. Basically, I'm perfectly open to them doing more than just trying to make it look like a typical comic book.

I like the art style & I think they need to keep it, I've liked it since day one, to change it would just be stupid. Besides that, we've gotten some great character redesigns thus far.

I don't think they have any plans on changing things anytime soon. So those who don't like it, don't watch it.

Don't...You...Mock...Me...Boy!

i love the art style! especially since it was developed by one of the hype's own :D

I don't think they have any plans on changing things anytime soon. So those who don't like it, don't watch it.

Don't...You...Mock...Me...Boy!

I completely agree. I don't see why people watch the show when they know they don't like anything about it. The animation is great & I love it.

YEa i like the show alot but do agree some things would be nice to change like having pupils in eyes, a different nose on peter, and possibly maybe in future seasons for them to have different clothes.

Weisman said that he wants the Series to last till Peter graduates from Highschool. So it would be really nice to see the art mature with him.

Well, that's the main thing I like about this series, the fact that they started out with a Peter who has just began High School. That means there's more room for more stories in the series as we should see him go from being this young boy who is reckless to a more mature man with powers who is still a little reckless. All in all, this is the perfect way to start the series.

Well, that's the main thing I like about this series, the fact that they started out with a Peter who has just began High School. That means there's more room for more stories in the series as we should see him go from being this young boy who is reckless to a more mature man with powers who is still a little reckless. All in all, this is the perfect way to start the series.
Very well said and I completley agree. :up:

Yes, it needs a complete overhaul. I was worried we'd get terrible Americ-Anime style art, and instead we get even worse Fischer Price Little People art. Ugh. What is wrong with kids and animators now-a-days?
They got some style.

What I love about the design is that every character has their own look. I love Timm's stuff but too many of his guys have the same body shape and they pretty much just switch the heads. The women are almost all identical,too. The 90's series had almost every character buffed up as superman even out of costume. At least in this series each guy is different from another whether it's their build, hair, skin color, or eyes.

I actually liked that Spidey was a little buff and wasn't too scrawny. I believe that as this version of Spider-Man becomes older and more used to being Spider-Man, his build should increase more and more. He doesn't have to look like Superman but he should be a little buff.

Yeah. But just the eyes -- everything else for the show is great. But it's really annoying when everyone's got the exact same kind of eyes, which remind me of Dora the Explorer. It bugs the heck out of me.

Nothing wrong with the rest of it.

I've never really noticed or cared. The most important thing is that the characters each look very different, the most annoying thing about any cartoon is having the characters look nearly the same. That's my biggest pet peeve with Dragon Ball Z.

For what it's worth, I don't care for the style they have gone with, and agree with the first post.

I thought the MTV animated version had stronger (read better) art... it was quite stylized and dramatic. I usually prefer more realistic, but the movement and lighting were great.

But... even though I'm not thrilled with the art, I'm liking the series, with the traditional Spidey schtick. :)

I just think "high school" is going to get boring week after week, year after year... I want to see a series that can continue and I don't know how many times they can do the "Aunt May needs money and Peter is standing up his friends because of Spider-man" routine.

And, am I the only one who finds having Gwen here as a friend (which is a deviation from the comics) combined with the NOTABLE absence of Mary Jane to be annoying?! (Most likely it is my EXTREME disgust with the developments of OMD and BND that have tainted my view of even THIS cast of characters. )

Although... besides the art, there was just "something" about the MTV series that was more compelling. It wasn't so "kiddie." I own it and have watched it several times. (Maddening that it didn't continue and left us dangling with a cliffhanger. :mad: )

I hope every season they make the eyes bigger, until they have no face by the third season. :dry:

For what it's worth, I don't care for the style they have gone with, and agree with the first post.

I thought the MTV animated version had stronger (read better) art... it was quite stylized and dramatic. I usually prefer more realistic, but the movement and lighting were great.

But... even though I'm not thrilled with the art, I'm liking the series, with the traditional Spidey schtick. :)

I just think "high school" is going to get boring week after week, year after year... I want to see a series that can continue and I don't know how many times they can do the "Aunt May needs money and Peter is standing up his friends because of Spider-man" routine.

And, am I the only one who finds having Gwen here as a friend (which is a deviation from the comics) combined with the NOTABLE absence of Mary Jane to be annoying?! (Most likely it is my EXTREME disgust with the developments of OMD and BND that have tainted my view of even THIS cast of characters. )

Although... besides the art, there was just "something" about the MTV series that was more compelling. It wasn't so "kiddie." I own it and have watched it several times. (Maddening that it didn't continue and left us dangling with a cliffhanger. :mad: )
You see the last two episodes? MJ was mentioned a couple times and she'll be showing up very soon, Peter doesn't want to meet her because of the "wonderful personality" May describes her to have. :cwink:

They're trying to go with the "Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot!" route to introduce her.

You see the last two episodes? MJ was mentioned a couple times and she'll be showing up very soon, Peter doesn't want to meet her because of the "wonderful personality" May describes her to have. :cwink:

They're trying to go with the "Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot!" route to introduce her.
Yeah, and it's just like in the comics. Peter also tried to not meet MJ because he thought she was going to be ugly and such. Little did Peter know that years later he would be married to her. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"