BvS Should they change the costume for the sequel?

Dave Kocher

Civilian
Reaction score
I think they should change the neckline and change the shade of red

Change the neckline, shade of red (should be brighter) and please, no two-toned red cape. . . .

I apologize for my ignorance but where's the difference? He still looks the same...... Regardless of his "costume", it's his actions that define him not his outfit. If you really need to change the costume, then remove the red speedos cause it's the freaking 21st century not the cross dressers venue. I mean no disrepect to Superman cause he actually is one of favorite Superheroes but if most of you are gonna nitpick about color here & there..... why not address the real main problem? Sit down & think about it before you attack me or give me any bull**** cause it's true. Don't give me an excuse that it has to be the same since the 1930s. :)

Meh, the only change I'd make is to brighten up the colors just a wee bit. Not too much. The buckle I can take or leave.

Royal Blue
Blood Red
Same shade of yellow
Loosen up the neckline

Actually, If I had my way, the Kingdom Come suit would be the new offical outfit, for the most part because I hate the color yellow and I think it looks more modern. But I know that would piss off alot of people so scratch that comment.

should be similar colours to american flag......isnt that the idea?

One word: NO!!!

This suit is THE best suit for superman EVER

I liked the suit in Returns alot, but a few changes would be ok with me. Make the red a bit brighter.

the suit definitely needs tweaking:

-- wider neckline
-- slightly larger shield
-- slightly larger briefs
-- tad brighter shade of red
-- dye Routh's hair jet black (not exactly part of the costume but contributes to the overall look).

Bug-Eyes said:
should be similar colours to american flag......isnt that the idea?

that was the right idea from the first movies...but clearly lost in this one...

For somereason in Superman Returns, the so called Red coloring, contains to much Brown. It should be RED, RED, not brown red.......

Yeah i agree, as much as i like the suit, they should keep it the original colors. Just make the red, RED. :super:

change it up

bigger \S/
classic neckline/cape attachment
higher boots
better briefs
remove reduntant \S/'s from belt, boots and shield
oh yeah

AND NO FREAKING SEAMS

yes. Change the damn suit to an updated materials of the classic one:

supes_shoulda_look_like.jpg

supes_2.jpg

swansingercomparisomy.jpg

Take out the damn muscle suit and let him get as big as Reeve did at the end of filming for STM

mountain_stance.jpg

And part the hair to the right for Superman and left for Clark, like it is supposed to be and has been in canon even before the donner films.

I would definetly eant the suit to change a bit. Make it more what reeve had and the Superman we know in the comics. Get Routh to bulk up again and fix the suit up. Even the i liked the one in SR.

-\S/

It seams that everyone knows what the suit is supposed to look like except Bryan Singer.

Steelsheen said:
the suit definitely needs tweaking:

-- wider neckline
-- slightly larger shield
-- slightly larger briefs
-- tad brighter shade of red
-- dye Routh's hair jet black (not exactly part of the costume but contributes to the overall look).
This is what i want too :supes: :up:

buggs0268 said:
yes. Change the damn suit to an updated materials of the classic one:

supes_shoulda_look_like.jpg

supes_2.jpg

swansingercomparisomy.jpg

Take out the damn muscle suit and let him get as big as Reeve did at the end of filming for STM

mountain_stance.jpg

And part the hair to the right for Superman and left for Clark, like it is supposed to be and has been in canon even before the donner films.
This is how I want the new suit to look like :supes:

My opinion:

Routh has a more Kryptonian suit, Reeve has/had a more Halloween suit!

So, Superman is an alien, who wears an Kryptonian suit and Reeve played Superman with a kind of Halloween suit! Look to those boots from Reeve! Those from Routh are much better!

But i must say: Back then in 1978 they had not the materials to make a suit like they did now!

Steve

This suit is fine for this movie.....

I doubt they will really fo anything for the sequel, there would be no point

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back