Comics Should they conclude the 616 universe?

Dark Prophet

Civilian
Reaction score
Does anyone think this should occur? Especially with Spider-Man? Instead of a 'crisis' at some point they could write a conclusion to the entire Spider-Man story. Not another lame 'I'll never be Spider-Man anymore' story but one that officially concludes the lives of most of the inhabitants in the Spider-Man universe. Heck, maybe even Stan Lee could write it. That way the Ultimate universe could become the main universe. There are a ton of more stories to tell in the Ultimate universe. They've messed up 616 way too much anyway and I frankly don't see where else they could possibly go with it.

Think Seinfeld. It ended while people were still highly interested in it and consequently it remained highly respected and appreciated in the long run and kept making money. Marvel is big into making 'shock' stories anyway but all they do is anger the fans. If they concentrate that energy into making a final story for Spider-Man that lives up to the character that is of high quality and isn't something they can easily ret-con then it will be better off for the Spider-Man franchise than having it being sold to the last issue to the point where no one's interested anymore.

Does anyone think this should occur? Especially with Spider-Man? Instead of a 'crisis' at some point they could write a conclusion to the entire Spider-Man story. Not another lame 'I'll never be Spider-Man anymore' story but one that officially concludes the lives of most of the inhabitants in the Spider-Man universe. Heck, maybe even Stan Lee could write it. That way the Ultimate universe could become the main universe.

I stopped reading there....

my response.......Hell No, screw the ultimate universe. Its one thing to have it along side the 616 universe, but it will never replace it.

my response.......Hell No, screw the ultimate universe. Its one thing to have it along side the 616 universe, but it will never replace it.

Aloha,
I would agree 100%. 616 Universe encompasses EVERYONE that we know of.There will be a great change in the near futrue for the 616 Universe, that's for sure.
Spidey rules

This past year i became so bored with all the Ultimate books, it was ridiculous.

616 forever. :up:

you heard the man:ninja:

No, MARVEL has invested over 40 years of stories in the 616 universe.
Too many franchises have been created to simply start over. It would alianate too many readers, and simply wouldn't be worth doing.

I'm sure Marvel would happily do that...

If they wanted to go bankrupt again.

And, no, the Ultimate Universe should not take it's place. The UU has been around for a while now and some fans, including myself, even think that the Ultimate Universe has already been screwed up. So, no way that's going to happen.

The regular Marvel Universe is fine the way it is. Just because you're disappointed in a few recent Spider-Man stories doesn't mean that they should END Spider-Man.

And a Spider-Man comic book is completely different than a television show. The Amazing Spider-Man has been going consistently since 1962. Seinfeld...what...lasted about 8 to 9 years or so?

Let's do it. After which, it could be revealed the whole 616 was a dream had by Communist sympathizer Frank Sinatra.

They should do it as a 'What if' book.

well, there should be a sort of out of continuity conclusion story to spidey for all of us to read and be like "heh cool" but the official books should continue. Ultimate and 616 both have pros and cons, and they can continue to co-exsist peacefully, no conclusions for either universe.

I agree with Donald, I think 616 will get better.

I love the Ultimate Universe. It's what got me back into reading comics. But when it comes to getting rid of the 616 to have the Ultimate universe be the be all end all, no thanks. There's nothing wrong with having them both going, as they're totally different.

I used to love the ultimate titles. You know, before every title sucked? But no way in hell should they take over the 616.

I agree and disagree.

616 as we know it, should end with atleast a shred of dignity considering how far from its roots its gone and the mess the Spidey books have become. It should be relaunched via the DC books after the original Crisis (sans all the continuity baggage that followed). However, the Ultimate books suck for the most part, so I would not like to see them be the replacement.

Nope, they should'nt. Marvel IS 616: everything else is NOT the original, true Marvel comic. Maybe they should concentrate more on quality; the "Ultimate" universe, in my opinion, is'nt bad (I really appreciated the Ultimates and Iron Man series), but it is not 616: they are different from every angle...

The Ultimate Universe ain't that hot anyways. The stories almost entirely suck.

Joey's reign needs to conclude, so we can have strong, character-driven stories instead of "events."

Yeh......the "Q Universe" is the one that might need to come to an end, maybe-and could be done....but not 616...too long of a rich history there.

There's no reason why they couldn't do a "The End" style book for spidey to conclude his story because it is a character that is not likely ever going to truly stop as long as marvel is still publishing. Although in a way "Reign" is kinda the same thing. But it shouldn't be a conclusion to the 616 universe. Just a way to give an end to a story that really has no real end in sight. I'm a big fan of the Ultimate Universe, but in no way should it replace the 616. Both universes definately have their strengths and flaws.

Didn't they sort of do this already with 'The End' series of books?

They didn't do a Spidey The End though.

I think as long as Marvel is publishing they will publish Spidey. However, I think the character is at a poiint where it would be logical to wrap up the storyline if they are afraid to age him. Give him his sunset (or tragic if you preffer) ending. I know it won't happen. But if he won't be allowed to have children and they want to keep him in the status quo, then it is already pretty much over and stuck in repeat. Getting rid of MJ is just a stupid way to reset the series a few decades.

Alas.

This past year i became so bored with all the Ultimate books, it was ridiculous.

616 forever. :up:

I only actually read two Ultimate titles but I agree with the sentiment......The Clone Saga in USM was bad and the God Wars over at UFF was almost unreadable ...

They didn't do a Spidey The End though.

I think as long as Marvel is publishing they will publish Spidey. However, I think the character is at a poiint where it would be logical to wrap up the storyline if they are afraid to age him. Give him his sunset (or tragic if you preffer) ending. I know it won't happen. But if he won't be allowed to have children and they want to keep him in the status quo, then it is already pretty much over and stuck in repeat. Getting rid of MJ is just a stupid way to reset the series a few decades.

Alas.

i thought they DID publish the end:ninja:

Not to my knowledge? I know they did a Hulk and FF and several others, but no Spidey though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"