The Dark Knight Should they the change the Batmobile???

if it was between the tumbler and BTAS Batmobile being recreated for TDK which would you all prefer BE HONEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tumbler. I love the freakin thing and I don't want them to ever change it. I like it better than all the batmobiles ever put on screen or in the comics. I never got the fact that Batman would drive around in a sleek, sports car type vehicle. It makes no sense to me b/c he would always put utility over looks and that's why the Tumbler makes sense.

But the BTAS/Burton batmobiles had all the utilitys of the tumbler (and more)but looks far better and fits the batman persona the tumbler is just a big tank that got in the movie because they didnt have to build it and its resemberlance to TDKR tumbler its NOT the batmobile!.

As fun and cool as the Burton Batmobile looked on paper (and subsequently, on TAS - ir ruled there) its movie incarnation has been nothing short of a joke. I mean, the thing looked plastic throughout the course of it's actions. It was shaking like someone threw a plastic cast model over a bicyle and every time it came to a curve (that did not need to be taken with a help line...) I was afraid the poor thing might simply brake down from all the sudden movements and shaking. The Tumbler, so far, seems a perfect heavy assault tool for Batman, but I do not see it as a stealth vehicle. Yes I know it can work in silent mode and turn off it's ligts, but it's still a big ****ing car, and that has disadvantages. That is why I say, let Bats keep The Tumbler for special misisons BUT let him also have a Bat Cycle. A bike is much faster than a car, much more sleek, more manuveurable and generally more useful for patrols and SWIFT action. I propose Bats takes some cool looking bike, like a Ninja, and customize the hell out of it. It's easier to customize a bike.
http://www.rental-motorcycle.com/images/motorcycles/kawasakizx6rninja-big.jpg
http://www.mobilemag.com/content/images/9453_large.jpg
http://www.autogazeta.com/g/428/Dodge_Tomahawk.jpg
http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/2007/146_0609_05_wm+2007_kawasaki_ninja_zx_10r+black_static.jpg
http://www.custom-chrome-europe.com/bilder/cce/presse/faak2003/batbike.jpg
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/honda/1500/ryujin/vegas01.html

he would always put utility over looks and that's why the Tumbler makes sense.
Agreed.
The Tumbler was made using the same stealth technology used to make this plane:
stealth.jpg

LOCKHEED_F-117A_NIGHT_HAWK.png

Here is an article that can explain why the Tumbler is indeed very functional with its sharp edges:
http://www.howstuffworks.com/question69.htm

yeah, I'd rather see a car than a tank, personally...

The Tumbler, so far, seems a perfect heavy assault tool for Batman, but I do not see it as a stealth vehicle.

It most definatley is a stealth vehicle. See the post below yours.

Yes I know it can work in silent mode and turn off it's ligts, but it's still a big ****ing car, and that has disadvantages.

It isn't even that big. You could argue that it's even smaller than B89's vehicle;

jett_batmobile1.JPG

Compare a bike to a big ass car and tell me which is more stealthy? Yes, it seems (SEEMS) smaller than the Burton bat car but smaller does not mean small. A stealth jet is a different story cause that ****er is all up in the sky, while a car is all between other cars. In which case a bike is more stealthy, easier to conceal, faster and all.

But the BTAS/Burton batmobiles had all the utilitys of the tumbler (and more)but looks far better and fits the batman persona the tumbler is just a big tank that got in the movie because they didnt have to build it and its resemberlance to TDKR tumbler its NOT the batmobile!.

Yeah, the Burtonmobile even had it's own grappling hook so that it could turn corners! Fine piece if machinery that was.

What do you mean it only got in the movie because they didn't have to build it? You arguments might make more sense if you wrote in coherent sentences.

So anyway, yes the BTAS mobile is aesthetically nice to look at, and it is synomonous with Bat's perceived persona, but it is not THE defintive interpretation. It is allowed to be other things. I love the Tumbler, and have done since i first saw it in the promo pics(which i admit did make it look like a tank). I don't think it is particularly aesthetic, but then again i couldn't give a damn if it is or not.

Compare a bike to a big ass car and tell me which is more stealthy? Yes, it seems (SEEMS) smaller than the Burton bat car but smaller does not mean small. A stealth jet is a different story cause that ****er is all up in the sky, while a car is all between other cars. In which case a bike is more stealthy, easier to conceal, faster and all.

Right i see what you mean, a bike would be more stealthy; but then again it gives no protection and only a limited amount of weapons.

It also comes down to whether he would look like a badass on a bike or not. I think no. He'll only go and get his cape stuck in something :cwink:

At then end of the day i want simplicity. I just want Batman, his tumbler and some bat-rope, plus a few extras.

The tumbler isnt the batmobile plain and simple to me. Actually how many people here have actually refered to it as the Batmobile?.

Well that's kinda dumb. The batmobile has changed so much, who is to say what is or isnt the batmobile? As long as batsy adapts a car to his needs, the car becomes the Batmobile.

The tumbler isnt the batmobile plain and simple to me. Actually how many people here have actually refered to it as the Batmobile?.

I don't refer to it as that. Maybe Alfred will name it in TDK.

If they ever call it the Batmobile in the sequels I'll be very suprised, man is the only word that needs Bat in front of it.

Anyway, I'd prefer it if the Tumbler doesn't become too stylish, there are limits to what Bruce could do on his own, and style shouldnt be his main concern

I imagine the Tumbler will get destroyed somehow, and Batman will have to consider a new vehicle..."something more...manueverable...streamlined". The Dodge Viper reminds me of the Batmobile.

Should they change the batmobile(the tumbler) to more familiar batmobile weve seen like the one in the burton films?? Anybody know whether or not they are changing Batmobiles or whether they are gonna keep the one from Batman Begins

NO.

:dry:

Batman doesn't need a little sporty car. He isn't Sonny Crockett.

Why in the world would they change it? Burton didn't change it, and he ended up with a great outcome. Schumacher changed the batmobile by each movie and look what happened...

Not saying that a batmobile change is why a movie is good or not, though.

lol at the shumacher mobiles. Clooney's open top especially.....pointless.

I heard the rumour that Joker pours acid on the tumbler and makes a massive hole in it, so maybe he will get something new. I'd prefer a plane over a bike though.

Imagine the opening scene; Crane on a black horse racing through some dark woods, as if he's being chased. He makes it out into an open field, and a huge light shines on him. His horse gets spooked and throws him off. Then we see the batplane(or air tumbler lol) slowly coming over the top off the trees. Bang! Crane get's thrown in arkham.

i hate how many topics i've seen like this

change the cowl
change the whole suit
change the colour of the suit
change the score
change the batmobile
change the logo

god dammit...whats wrong with you people. be careful what you wish for.

i am only having a dig at all those that keep making these threads. batman begins was great. don't tamper with greatness too much.

I happen to like consistiency in the look of the films.

Like how Spider-man's suit never changed throughout the 3 movies...I like that.

Giving it a new look every movie just comes off as gimmicky IMO.

I think the way nolan is doing this series is based on the idea that Batman uses tools that get the job done and looks really don't matter. So if the Tumbler gets the job done, leave it alone. Besides, its cool as hell as it is.

I wouldn't mind seeing a sleeker-looking vehicle. Don't get me wrong the Tumbler was awesome (a humvee + a tank) but Batman needs to drive around in something a little more slick and cooler.

I don't want a vehicle that looks plasticy and looks like it was made just to sell Happy Meals and toys to kids, or something found off the set of "Miami Vice" but something with a little more vroom-vroom and purrs like a panther.

Same with the Batwing---I don't want it to resemble a bat, because it's been overdone, but I would like to see something stealthy and can pack a kick.

It most definatley is a stealth vehicle. See the post below yours.
Yes it is, but that feature is immediately nulled when placed in an urban environment.

Why in the world would they change it? Burton didn't change it, and he ended up with a great outcome. Schumacher changed the batmobile by each movie and look what happened...

Not saying that a batmobile change is why a movie is good or not, though.
That's EXACTLY what you just said. :huh:

I happen to like consistiency in the look of the films.

Like how Spider-man's suit never changed throughout the 3 movies...I like that.

Giving it a new look every movie just comes off as gimmicky IMO.
Change doesn't necessarily mean complete overhaul. Spidey's costume did change between all 3 films, but the details were so minuscule the average person wouldn't realize it. I wouldn't mind the same thing done for the Tumbler.

I'm perfectly content with the Tumbler. If the goal was something more stream-lined and sporty, i'd like to see something along the lines of a modded-out, armored Dodge Viper sort of vehicle.

Dodge%20Viper%20GTSR%2002.jpg

It'd be reminiscent of the Burtonmobile. Only, y'know, less phallic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"