Should we allow foreign-born citizens to run for President?

Good thing I lied to you and I am natural born American, oh snap! Darth for President!

I still wouldn't vote for you. :oldrazz: Look at it this way, though. This little boy that came here when he was three months old, let's call him...oh...I don't know...Roger. He came here when he was three months old when his parents immigrated from oh...let's say...Nicaragua. They left all of Roger's grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins and other family behind in Nicaragua. He grows up to be President thanks to the newly changed requirements and finds himself in a situation where Nicaragua has become a threat to U.S. national security. To the point that it comes down to having to bomb the hell out of them and go in guns blazing or Americans will lose their lives. Most likely, much of his own family in Nicaragua is going to die in the process. Objectivity about having to decide the fate of the lives of other people in general is a tough decision, but objectivity is going to be heavily in question from someone in President Roger's position. To the point that I'm not willing to take that chance with the leadership position of this country.

jag

I still wouldn't vote for you. :oldrazz: Look at it this way, though. This little boy that came here when he was three months old, let's call him...oh...I don't know...Roger. He came here when he was three months old when his parents immigrated from oh...let's say...Nicaragua. They left all of Roger's grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins and other family behind in Nicaragua. He grows up to be President thanks to the newly changed requirements and finds himself in a situation where Nicaragua has become a threat to U.S. national security. To the point that it comes down to having to bomb the hell out of them and go in guns blazing or Americans will lose their lives. Most likely, much of his own family in Nicaragua is going to die in the process. Objectivity about having to decide the fate of the lives of other people in general is a tough decision, but objectivity is going to be heavily in question from someone in President Roger's position. To the point that I'm not willing to take that chance with the leadership position of this country.

jag

But the same could happen if my mom just came into the country and I was born 5 minutes from crossing the border or stepping on US soil, so in essence, it changes nothing. The same situation would occur.

And by the way, Nicaragua would just surrender, *****es.:csad:

But the same could happen if my mom just came into the country and I was born 5 minutes from crossing the border or stepping on US soil, so in essence, it changes nothing. The same situation would occur.

And by the way, Nicaragua would just surrender, *****es.:csad:

You'd have made it in just under the wire on eligibility requirements, then. You'll never make it past the primaries, though, because people will automatically call out your high potential for putting Nicaraguan interests above the interests of the U.S. I still see no compelling reason to change the requirements.

jag

You'd have made it in just under the wire on eligibility requirements, then. You'll never make it past the primaries, though, because people will automatically call out your high potential for putting Nicaraguan interests above the interests of the U.S. I still see no compelling reason to change the requirements.

jag

Damn Nicaragua is always keeping me down.:csad:

NO!

Also, if your an adult you should have to have the equivalent of a High School degree to get in. I'm tired of us letting in the trash.

NO!

Also, if your an adult you should have to have the equivalent of a High School degree to get in. I'm tired of us letting in the trash.

Can we use those same standards on people already living here?

Darth for President damnit!

Sure we can.:huh:

Where the hell would we put American **** ups? We have to put up with them and give them a job at Wal-Mart. We can't pick and choose who we want in this country because they're already here and they're legal. But we can pick and choose who we want to immigrate here.

Where the hell would we put American **** ups? We have to put up with them and give them a job at Wal-Mart. We can't pick and choose who we want in this country because they're already here and they're legal. But we can pick and choose who we want to immigrate here.

We send citizens to Gitmo all the time.:huh:

I don't see why not. I don't see why someone who lived most their life in America would have an invested interest in another country as much as say someone who has strong heritage links (for instance all the Americans who claim to be Irish - or JFK for instance).

If someone has a strong enough want to be President they would have Americas interests at heart not to mention that they would want to keep their job so would want to do the best for the people.

Also if you think a President would be able to usurp so much power you are giving the Presidency far too much power - there are so many checks and balances in the office that it isn't the decision of one person.

Honestly with the other stipulations of having to live in America for 14 years, and with the public Media and secret CIA investigations into people who run for the office you wouldn't be getting a secret Communist supporter or a Terrorist leader in office.

Also if you think a President would be able to usurp so much power you are giving the Presidency far too much power - there are so many checks and balances in the office that it isn't the decision of one person.

Errrr....we've got a President who frequently oversteps his bounds and has managed to get legislative and judicial support of his agendas, no matter how unconstitutional, right now. The current checks and balances are broken.

jag

Errrr....we've got a President who frequently oversteps his bounds and has managed to get legislative and judicial support of his agendas, no matter how unconstitutional, right now. The current checks and balances are broken.

jag

But he's a good ol boy from Texas, that **** wouldnt go down on no Nicaraguan.

But he's a good ol boy from Texas, that **** wouldnt go down on no Nicaraguan.

So....you're saying that President Bush wouldn't go down on a Nicaraguan? Allllrighty, then. :dry:

jag

So....you're saying that President Bush wouldn't go down on a Nicaraguan? Allllrighty, then. :dry:

jag

Maybe if he had some cocaine. Otherwise, probably not. He draws the line at Hondurans.

I like all the one word "no" responses. :whatever:

You can be Attorney General, U.S. Secretary of State, Senate Majority Leader, Secretary of Defense, House Speaker, Chief Justice, Governor of a state bordering a foriegn country, and be born outside the U.S.. How ridiculous is that, that someone like Madeline Albright or even Henry Kissinger can be third in line to President, but MUST be skipped in leadership ascension despite their enormous talent because they are born in another country. They friggin give advice to the President on foriegn policy. This whole 'born-out-side' another country shouldn't be president is just a form of xenophobia. Sure, its possible that someone isn't loyal, but its winning Presidency is a walk in the park. They would have to demonstrate that they truly are loyal by what they've done for this country. You're gonna have hundreds of competitors and media scrutinizing your entire life. Being a foriegner, you're already going to have a harder chance running for President anyway. Let the voters decide and let Americans who came here for a better life have the same opportunity as fellow Americans.

First generation immigrants have no business in politics, the second generation is another story.

Why should first-generation citizens who are educated and pay taxes and contribute to American society not be allowed in politics? Kritish, I hope you're just just joking and not being flippant.

I really don't know you that well, but from the posts you've made here in this thread, I must say, you really shouldn't speak anymore.

Well I am sorry for having a since of humor, I thought the two Bush jokes were funny at the time. And I am also sorry that my political opinion isn't as advance as the people that just said 'No'. If you don't like what I say, then skip over it, I mean honestly...

Go choke on some web fluid...

*Thwip!*

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"