Discussion: Gay Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you agree with me then that children can still be considered sinners.

jag
I take it into consideration, but it's darn hard for me to comprehend it because I wasn't brought up on it.

the child isn't a sinner... they don't understand right or wrong yet.

and we may collect " negative points" as we age, but all of those so called points and demerits disappear when we accept Christ into our lives. We start with a completely brand new slate, so to speak.

Have you not heard of the original sin? It's a hereditary stain with which we are born on account of our origin or descent from Adam.

Yup, original sin, you're born with it and the only way to get rid of it is baptism. It's the rule through fear, Catholic guilt mentality that is thrown at you from the moment you're born. However, at the same time, you can just go to the Catholic car wash (confession) every week confess to all your sins say a few prayers and you're free to sin again.

Yup, original sin, you're born with it and the only way to get rid of it is baptism. It's the rule through fear, Catholic guilt mentality that is thrown at you from the moment you're born. However, at the same time, you can just go to the Catholic car wash (confession) every week confess to all your sins say a few prayers and you're free to sin again.
and I don't believe in original sin because I'm not Catholic.

the goal behind forgiveness is to try and learn from your sin and try to not commit it again... at least that's the way I see it.

Any Christian gets their doctrine from the Bible. There is no other source except the Apocrypha or personal visions.

The Bible says that all have sinned, there is no one sinless, and NO one can be saved but through Christ's sacrifice...so it doesn't matter if you are Catholic or not, all are sinful, they have no choice in the matter, and even the best things they do are still like filthy rags to God, because by our very existence in HIS fallen world (which he created as a curse to punish all of humanity for the sins of 2 people), we are all imperfect.

No one can decide to live a sinless life, so it doesn't matter if you believe in "Original Sin" by name or not....same result.

I disagree. I d not believe that a newborn is sent to hell because it was in a car crash.

I don't see what s the problem with that.They are normal people after all

SK, I do believe Sandman was being sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"