Sequels Should X-Men First Class be renamed X-Men The Origin?

TheVelvetOnion

Sidekick
Reaction score
The story is the origin of the x-men, it is also the origin of Xavier, some origin of Magneto, plus the origin of how the the team was formed... To be it seems silly naming it X-Men First Class when we havent really seen the second class? and who are they Iceman, Rogue, Colossus, Shadowcat? Sorry but does anyone else think the name First Class is just rediculous and the only reason they're using it is so they can relate to a comic that was so-so at best in the x-men comic book series? They renamed Wolverine movie X-Men Origins Wolverine, it made sense because on some level non-fans could easly slide past the movie believing its some world war one or two war movie with a name like Wolverine and only the die hard fans would associate it with X-Men so hence why X-Men Origins prifix was necessary. But what does First Class do for an Origin story? It's irrelevant.

Does anyone else think they should just rename the movie X-Men The Origin?

First Class is more subtle

why not just go for

X Men: The Beginning

LOL

Because the beginning would suggests the movie starts with xavier in the mansion one day turns to his mutant students and thinks i know i will make the x-men... Where as origin seems to have more of a before the idea of x-men...

first class signifies it is the beginning of x men imo

the first class of mutants

the first class of mutants would be those born during wolverines birth though...

I thought they were going to call all the origins movies "X-men Origins: _ _ _"

But this movie is like.... more special than a simple spin-off, Bryan Singer has come back ... and it isnt about just one character, it is the origin of the whole franchise, so I think a new tittle would be good.

it should be something different from other comic movies... so no "X-men begins", lol

The series of origin films is calls the X-Men Origins series, X-Men Origins: Magneto, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2, X-Men Origins: First Class.

This is kind of well known, I thought. And I believe that it has even been stated that Bryan is working on X-Men Origins: First Class.

-R

Like I have been saying for over a year, this IS the same movie that "Magneto" was...

The series of origin films is calls the X-Men Origins series, X-Men Origins: Magneto, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2, X-Men Origins: First Class.

This is kind of well known, I thought. And I believe that it has even been stated that Bryan is working on X-Men Origins: First Class.

-R

Nope.. it's always been called X-Men: First Class. X-Men Origins: First Class is a bit redundant, don't you think? Why not just call it X-Men: Origins?

Either way, the name is more than fitting and I see no reason to change it. I actually think this is the best named film since X1.

Either way, the name is more than fitting and I see no reason to change it. I actually think this is the best named film since X1.

So the only other one they got right was just plain X-Men? :hehe:

Though I agree X2: X-Men United and X-Men: The Last Stand aren't great names. And I agree X-Men Origins: First Class is extremely redundant and I think it's not goo to make the title pointlessly longer. One thing I hated about X-Men Origins: Wolverine is it had the most awkward name ever. You can't even shorten it easily since even XO:W sounds weird. Most people just call it Wolverine so they should have just called it that. Everyone just calls this First Class so they should just leave it like that.

X-Men: The Origin is okay but after all the Wolverine trailers and tv spots I don't feel like seeing anymore "Origin" taglines like "Witness the Origin." The only reason to change would just be the maintain consistency with X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and if there is anything the X-Men titles are, it's inconsistent.

X-Men
X2: X-Men United
X-Men: The Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men: First Class

Last edited:
Neither First Class or Origins: First Class is exactly great but anything is better than X-Men United.

Iceman, agreed. Most definitely.

And hopefully a better movie.

So what's the idea here; take a somewhat crappy name and replace it with something worse?

^ I guess. Though, I really don't see what's so crappy about the current name.

So what's the idea here; take a somewhat crappy name and replace it with something worse?
The final name will be X-Men Origins: First Class: The Squeakquel

I rmb Bryan Singer said "X-Men: First Class Origins"
i prefer X-Men Origins: First Class... then X-Men Origins: Deadpool and so on... seems more uniformed

Deadpool won't be connected to the X-Men film universe at all so it would make no sense to stick the X-Men Origins label on there.

The X-Men Origins label is just like the X(insert number here) label was for X2. They planned to start a new string of movies with that numbering system but ended up doing just one film with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"