Siege

runawayboulder

2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP
Reaction score
The preview for next months Wizard mag will have info on this next arc. I couldn't find anything about it on the net. Does anyone know anything about this follow up to Dark Reign?

I thought it was MIGHTY AVENGERS. I mean that's the only team right now, aside for the subplot "Avengers Resistance" team in AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE that has actual longtime Avengers on it like Pym, Jocasta, Hercules, Quicksilver, and U.S. Agent (along with Stature, Vision Jr. and Amadeus Cho). Hell, the Mighty team is close to some AVENGERS WEST COAST rosters.

I know Quesada has said that at some point in Dark Reign, the Big 3 will definitely reunite. I wonder if this will relate to that?

I thought it was MIGHTY AVENGERS. I mean that's the only team right now, aside for the subplot "Avengers Resistance" team in AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE that has actual longtime Avengers on it like Pym, Jocasta, Hercules, Quicksilver, and U.S. Agent (along with Stature, Vision Jr. and Amadeus Cho). Hell, the Mighty team is close to some AVENGERS WEST COAST rosters.

Well New Avengers does have Hawkeye, Mockingbird, and Ms Marvel, plus I'm sure most of the members were at least registered as Avengers.

I know Quesada has said that at some point in Dark Reign, the Big 3 will definitely reunite. I wonder if this will relate to that?

I see. Basically, "nothing is official unless Bendis does it, like thought balloons". :o

I was thinking about this the other day. If Thor and Iron Man can be friends again, I suppose anything is possible. I'll be a bit sad if it does happen and we get one comic called "Avengers" afterward, though. I like the Avengers being big enough to support a franchise and I like being able to read Avengers comics without having to read Bendis comics; it's pretty obvious that if we do end up with just one Avengers comic, Bendis will be writing it. Not a win in my book.

I think there should really just be two Avengers teams (One state bound, one international.), and something like The Initiative for lower ranking characters, maybe something about reserve members of the two main teams.

If Dan Slott continued to write the international team and it got the good characters like Thor, Cap, Pym, etc., I'd be okay with that. But you know that wouldn't happen.

Yeah. I'd definitely like to see Thor on an Avengers team with Herc again.

I dont care for international teams. I like the 3 team set up now with Mighty, Dark and New. I think Dark is the best of the 3 at the moment but I cant see how that can go on. Probably should spin that off into something else. I think they should put things back to the way they were with Mighty/New post Civil War and before Secret Invasion but remove New as the outlaws that the Mighty team is out to get. Just have them coexist in the same universe but at the same time be independent of each other

Maybe move one out to the west coast? ;)

That's what I was thinking. If the Avengers go back to operating like they used to, there could be West Coast Avengers again, or have a second team international. And definitely keep the Initiative.

But once Dark Reign goes bye bye what do you do with Dark Avengers?

Make 'em villians like they're supposed to be and hunt 'em down.

I imagine the Dark Avengers will be exposed as villains whenever Norman is. Lord knows they've got enough incriminating misdeeds to screw themselves once Osborn's administration stops sweeping them under the rug.

I hope they continue as a villianous team. I just hope Moonstone gets to do something bc she quickly became my favorite

I'd love it if the Avengers united as one organized team again, but operated as different units to support 2 books. God knows that's what the X-Men franchise has been doing for years. I mean, there really is no reason the New and Mighty Real Avengers aren't one team right now.

I remember when they had this problem. It was easily fixed. Maybe you've heard of them? The West Coast Avengers?

Then we can have the Great Lakes Avengers.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

I was thinking about this the other day. If Thor and Iron Man can be friends again, I suppose anything is possible. I'll be a bit sad if it does happen and we get one comic called "Avengers" afterward, though. I like the Avengers being big enough to support a franchise and I like being able to read Avengers comics without having to read Bendis comics; it's pretty obvious that if we do end up with just one Avengers comic, Bendis will be writing it. Not a win in my book.

So long as Marvel can sell more than one Avengers book, they can. Slott/Gage's MA has slipped to about 60k an issue but to be honest sales were slipping on that by the end of Bendis' run; readers clearly saw it as the B-Avengers title even when Bendis wrote it. That said, that's still healthy for a title.

Why can't Thor and Iron Man be friends again? It depends on how it's handled. If Stark, after his WORLD'S MOST WANTED story where his brain has been wiped and purged and whatnot, genuinely apologized to Thor, why would Thor not want to try to renew their friendship? I mean Thor keeps giving Loki chances, and Loki has been trying to kill him and Sif and everyone he cares about for centuries. Compared to that, Stark cloning him was a minor insult.

I don't think Thor and Hercules on one team book would work out, if only because there are few threats that could challenge them. Besides Count Nefaria, a villain everyone has forgotten. No potential with a mobster with some tech skills who has power akin to Superman. :dry:

I'd love it if the Avengers united as one organized team again, but operated as different units to support 2 books. God knows that's what the X-Men franchise has been doing for years. I mean, there really is no reason the New and Mighty Real Avengers aren't one team right now.
I dont think the New team needs to be unified with the Mighty one. I prefer New Avengers as its own seperate entity

The only reason the Avengers divided into more than one team is because one was pro-reg, and the other was anti-reg. Now they're both anti-reg, except Pym is the one who had the common sense to operate with international support instead of hiding. Now there's a real Avengers team, and a group who I'm not even sure what they're doing. If the New team had any sense, they'd form a united front with Pym's team.

Like I'd said I'd have three teams-

Avengers - State side Avengers.
Avengers: International - Avengers that deal with threats across the globe and even in space if necessary.
Avengers: Reserve - Missions/Tales about reserve members of the main two teams saving the day.

The only reason the Avengers divided into more than one team is because one was pro-reg, and the other was anti-reg. Now they're both anti-reg, except Pym is the one who had the common sense to operate with international support instead of hiding. Now there's a real Avengers team, and a group who I'm not even sure what they're doing. If the New team had any sense, they'd form a united front with Pym's team.
I dont want them to be the official team. I like them as the ones that dont quite play by the rules and who arent held back by morals and holding a certain image for the public and government. The team just works. You can have Mighty as the classic style team complete with Jarvis, official Avengers regristration, mansion, etc.. New needs its own distinctive thing which it already has. No need to connect them. They can be affiliated and allied on occasion, but they shouldnt be 2 teams of the same entity. They need to operate independent from the other

Then if you ask me (and this is something I've been saying based purely on how that book is written), the New Avengers shouldn't be an Avengers team at all. They certainly don't feel like the Avengers. Maybe they should change their name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"