Sony Spin-Off Silk: Spider Society

No one would reply on such a thread. These forums are so spread out now, foot traffic seems to be very uneven and surely most people don't want to marginalize themselves as not fitting into "every".

I think optimism as well as skepticism are both conducive to discussion. Where it goes askew is where things just don't become engaging anymore from a conversational standpoint but instead static and repetitive to the point this seems more like a lobbyist group than a forum.

No if Sony made good movies we wouldn’t care and there are many people on this forum that like the idea of a spidey Sony verse even tho it’s not a good idea. But I get where your coming from. But this thread wasn’t all bad. I’ve seen wirse

I have too countless times.

Edit: Not to distract from statement above but if a Marvel Studio's film, then of course other things are repeated as seen here: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=538203&page=10

It's more sheer volume of repetitious comments not conducive to discussion as opposed to making any claim whatsoever which thread is the most indicative example though (yes I ignore it for the most part every month).

Last edited:
O, well it's the internet man. people are gonna complain. I hate it to but I mean thatsthe internet lol

Well, if I'm going for an lol, I'll just move onto the broader internet topic in general and say the interaction patterns on the internet have certainly evolved over the years.:o

In many ways, interaction patterns concerning technology and different types of media platforms seem to be translating into everyday life to a larger extent.
Just go to BestBuy now vs. going there in the '90's and it's like entering a furniture sales showroom/techie club that's all completely business as opposed to box store that sells electronic goods. Now, it seems people interact with one another in real life more and more based on how they interact with said person through social media or peice of technology they own.

When internet first started it was like people would just be fascinated by the freedom it allowed in saying hello to a random actual person across the world.
Internet now feels more constricted and unreal which makes me wonder to what extent this will have on society in general another 20 years from now. I'm sure there'll be both negative and positive hopefully steering more in the right direction away from stagnation.

Last edited:
It would be a fun opportunity to have spiderwoman as a mentor. I would watch it

giphy.gif

Sony's creative team is literally apes throwing their crap at a wall with a Spider-Man character on it at this point.

Edit: Nah actually that's offensive to apes...

Last edited:
So what is the plan with these spin-off movies? Just make a bunch of villain films and have them crossover without Spider-Man ever existing in that universe?

Jumpstarting another cinematic universe because Sony hasn't learned their lesson.

A Silk movie? Starring the character who couldn't keep her own solo title going for more than 14 issues...

That being said, set in the MCU, it might work. Seeing as her origin literally happens seconds after Peter becomes Spider-Man, having a Silk movie without Spider-Man is almost as dumb as a Venom movie without...
Oh.
Right.
Sony.
I forgot.

Well, at least Spider-Verse looks awesome.

So this is going to be a whole Silk show, not just one movie? And in it, as I understand it, there will be no Spider-Man (or only in episodes)? Has the heroine herself appeared in the Spider-Man films?:confused:

I'm confused, I thought this was going to be a movie but its a series? So where is it going to air? Cable or streaming service?

Okay, I dig Angela Kang's involvement. She breathed new life into The Walking Dead with its ninth season after a lackluster seventh and eighth season. True, I don't think the series has maintained that consistent quality since then, but I cannot deny that she helped rejuvenate the series when it desperately needed it.

I'm surprised they got Lord & MIller behind this. Hope this is indicative of Sony's future plans for their spidey universe

I prefer if they just make it a film. I've never really enjoyed any Marvel live action shows, from Agents of Shield to the most recent season of Loki.

Really lookin forward to it.. Especially if lord and Miller are behind it. This definitely makes more sense than a Kraven the hunter as an antihero movie.

I wonder if there'll be a connection between this and madame web.. Since Ezekiel Sims is on that movie.

Last edited:
So this hasn't been filmed yet, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"