Sony Spin-Off The Sinister Six Still in the works?!

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
Spider-Man: Sony Reportedly Still Has Major Plans for Sinister Six Movie

On Deadline's Hero Nation Podcast , Deadline's Anthony D'Alessandro revealed an interesting scoop about Sony and their hopes for the future of their Marvel universe.

D'Alessandro says that with the upcoming filmVenom: Let There Be Carnage , "[Sony's] actually going to connect to the Spider-Man universe," and that one of Sony's "long-term goals is to make Sinister Six," a project that would presumably be an ensemble movie headlined by the Web-Slinger's iconic rogues gallery.

"Because Sony's always kept, outside of the current Spider-Man stuff they're doing with the Disney MCU, Sony's always kept their Marvel stuff separate, and with this Venom, they're actually going to connect to the Spider-Man universe [that's being set-up with the] Disney MCU. So that's very interesting. I know one of their long-term goals is to make Sinister Six . That's kinda the project we're all waiting for; their version of the bad guys from the Spider-Man [universe]."

This really doesn't surprise me actually. I see a lot of people freaking out on twitter and stuff complaining about Sony 'still' trying to do this, but I really don't understand that criticism .... We've had Spidey movies for 20 years now, and haven't had a Sinister Six movie yet. But regardless, why wouldn't Sony "try" to make SS movies? I feel like it would be almost borderline irresponsible of them, as Spidey rights' owners, not to think of/plan ways to bring the Sinister Six to the big screen

Imo, it would be like people complaining about the MCU for 'trying' to make an Avengers movie with the characters they own. Of course they're going to "try" (and do it). And they're not wrong for that. And neither is Sony

Imo, people never should've given Sony such sh*t for setting up/teasing a Sinister Six movie at the end of TASM2. That movie was still very much it's own, isolated film, up until literally the last scene or two, with Harry and The Gentleman walking past the rogues' gallery. Those were essentially the equivalent of 'post-credits' scenes, imo, and people acted like those being in there made the entire movie nothing more than "an advertisement for the SS or TASM3"

I get the other criticisms of TASM2 (even if I largely disagree, ha), but this talking point has always kinda p*ssed me off lol, and something I always thought was an unfair criticism

Last edited:
I think Sony is in a more confident position now than they were back with TASM2. i think Into The Spiderverse has opened their eyes to the amount of stuff they can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"